Poll: Illness

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only recent illness I've got was a cold (abit of a sore throat and running nose) which was a couple of months ago. Honestly these days I don't get any serious illness to the point that I can't go to work (I guess I got strong immunity) and even then I got good timing too (I had the cold on my day off and recover in time before going back to work).
It was only in High School that I did get a couple of serious illness I had to skip going to school.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Some minor respiratory infection two months ago, which clears up in three to four days - I get those once a year or so. The last at least a bit serious thing I caught was chickenpox, five years ago.

I love my immune system.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I tend to get sick often, but never anything minor. Just a month ago, I was left bedridden with really bad flu.

And the month before that, an ear infection.

And the monst before that, I started vomitting after eating iffy vindaloo (damn you Ireland)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I got sick in November I believe, and that was just a cold. It was the first one in about a year and a half.
However, I am ill right now, I have some kind of odd ear infection. There's no pain, but I can't really hear out of it, so I'm on antibiotics.

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
Last time even a fever, I think it was during military service almost a year ago. Beyond that,seasonal flus. So yeah, puny mortals get sick - I don't.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I am ill at the moment with a chest infection, but this is the first time I have been sick in a fair few years, as I have quite a good immune system, which is quite useful considering I work as a microbiologist and a biochemist, it wouldn't really do if I got sick all the time.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I had a cold that lasted for about three weeks that started a couple of days before the semester started for me.

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
currently have a pretty bad cold. Headaches, blocked up nose, loads of coughing with a side of a sore throat. I've had it for a while so I am hopeful I am nearing the tail end of it.

As for how often I am sick, well my immune system has never been good so I get some sorta sickness every year, if not more then one.

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
The last time I got sick, I just took a bunch of drugs. Like, 6 of them. NyQuil, Benadryl, Mucinex, Ibuprofen, Alka-Seltzer (for sinus issues) and a sleep aid. I was passed out before 9pm and woke up bright and early, feeling actually really good. Not perfect, but better.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Esotera said:
So escapistians(TM), when is the last time you were ill, and what disease was it? Is it a regular occurrence and if so how bad does it get? How did you catch it, if you know?

I ask because I've fallen ill with something today, which is highly unusual for what is usually my impenetrable immune system. When I get ill it tends to come on quickly and go with in a couple of days, and generally be absolutely horrible for the duration. As for how I caught it, I blame the bus company whose buses didn't show up on time, leaving me to stand in the freezing cold for around half an hour both ways.

I live in a house with two people who have extremely weak immune systems, and as the Male Adult (Boyfriend/Stepfather) it never ceases to amaze me how frequently my girlfriend and stepson get sick, and how infrequently it affects me. Been sick once in the last 10 or 12 months.

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
I've got this nagging little sore throat thing that's been going on for a couple of days, so I'm taking zinc and potassium and hoping it just quietly goes away.

I got my flu shot when I was in the hospital last year, so I think I've been spared most of the nasties out there. Unfortunately, I have a rare autoimmune disease (neuromyelitis optica) and have to take extra precautions around sick people and being out in public in general.

Yeah, I can even tell you how I got my sore throat: We had ordered pizza (there was a group of 8 of us) and one of my oh-so-thoughtful friends didn't tell me she was sick, and I got a slice of pizza from the same box she just got done grubbing around in. I didn't get it as bad as another friend; he was down for two days after the pizza germ-fest.