Poll: I'm fed up with the console war

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Whats wrong with capital letters?

I don't mind the console wars much to be honest, it's not like they're gonna stop, and I usually just ignore them.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I stopped listening sometime around 1999, when the Dreamcast came and swept all before it in a glorious tide of hype and broken sales records....

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Only thing I don't like about other consoles is the exclusive content. I'm a 360 owner and I was really looking forward to the new Arkham Asylum game, then found out today that they're releasing another mode of play, with the Joker, exclusively on the PS3 version. Odds are they'll probably make 360 owners pay through the teeth for it months later through XBL Marketplace while PS3 owners get it default for free. Also, Heavy Rain is a PS3 exclusive and that pissed me off greatly, especially since I recently decided I'd quite enjoy playing Farenheit which is also on Xbox 360. Exclusitivity is the downfall of consoles.

However, I get really pissed off at console wars and console fanboys. If someone prefers their console then that's fine, but it doesn't give them the right to badmouth anyone who doesn't play the same console as them. Each console has strengths and weaknesses, and I know because I've played on all three thanks to friends and flatmates, so there's really no point to the console wars in the first place. It's like Rock-Paper-Scissors, every console has strengths and weaknesses that counter fanboy's arguments and make them all unique.

slyph

Apr 15, 2009
I generally find the PS3 fanboys more intolerable than the XboX ones, but all fanboys are just spoiled, scared kids as far as I can see, or they're that Killzone 2 psycho dude on Youtube who lives in his mom's basement in spirit if not in fact.

I think the issue stems from the emotional investment consoles produce; they're now basically your favourite toy, your music and video player, your online communicator AND all your friends need to have the same one so you can play together. Since consoles are both so desirable and so expensive, any gamer is only likely to have one or the other and certainly invest more playtime in one than the other. There are exceptions to this rule of course, but they are just exceptions.

As a result, the prospect that you got all excited and hyped about something pre-release, stood in line for ten hours on release, and then sunk hundreds of your local currency into at the till, and then that console turns out to have been another 3DO and the cool kids who got an Xbo... I mean THE OTHER CONSOLE are having much more fun is just too terrifying and heartbreaking for some kids to deal with.

Thus, they sit on internet forums like this one and often, rather than say stuff like "My console does X, Y and Z and I'm happy with it" they tend to disparage the competition a'la "YEA WELL M$ FUX U OVA MUCH MORE THAN SONY DUZ" etc. Its all about being the better choice, rather than an undeniably GOOD choice, as all the consoles (with one exception in my opinion, one good game cant save that catastrophe until the price drops again) are pretty good this time around.

The phrase for that; sour grapes.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
The console fanboys are annoying, but nowhere NEAR as annoying as the PC fanboys...

JoeyTribbiani

May 29, 2009
Can't we just all say that all the consoles are great and that they all have their ups and downs. Seriously, this war thing is starting to get out of hand and people are just starting to make really stupid false facts. I own a 360, purley because I really like Halo live and that's pretty much the reason why I chose the 360 over the PS3. And as I own this 360, a guy in my class came up to me and actually said:

"The Xbox sucks!" and I asked
"Why?" and it's always funny when you ask them that question and they can't come up with a decent answer. Then he finally replies:
"Coz the 360 has crap graphics."
"The 360 has the exact same graphics and the PS3. And if anything the 360 has 3% BETTER graphics than the PS3 according to a study."

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
It won't end because some people like to argue for no reason and *****. Geuss what fanboys? No one cares about your opinion!
Except other fanboys and fangirls.

I myself wish to own a X-BOX 360 and a PS3. The WII is to family friendly for me.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I actually think it's kind of cute when it's a fangirl. I've no idea why.
Other than that, I don't really care if there's a console war, I'm not a fanboy, but I just prefer the Xbox 360 this generation of consoles. It's an opinion, I think everyone is entitled to it, but like a lot of bad things, people get too into it and turn into fanatics.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
JRCB said:
Erana said:
RAKtheUndead said:
The answer to the console war? Buy a PC.
Don't forget how annoying these types of comments are.
I hate them more than the console wars.
I concur.

Anyhow, I'm neutral on the console war. The only reason why people fight to prove that their console is the best is because deep down they don't know if it's true. They just want positive reinforcement, from my point of view.
Damn Right.

Well, when I had my Genesis as a little sprite, everybody around me with a NES would be all like "Ohh, Super Mario is soooo great." Then i'd respond with the good ol' "Genesis does what Nintendon't." Because, deep down, I bought the wrong console.

NeonZombie

Feb 5, 2009
Bah who cares. Why do you have to defend your console anyway? Anyone on forums who is dissing you because you have a ps3 doesn't deserve your time and if its your mates tell them to stop being wankers or just state that you dont care and move on..

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
PC fans are pretentious cunts. PS3 fans are overdefensive pricks. 360 fans are rabid dickholes. Wii fans are still learning the basics of speech and can't argue either way.

I own all of 'em, and am above your petty squabbling.

kwdav

Apr 28, 2009
JoeyTribbiani said:
Can't we just all say that all the consoles are great and that they all have their ups and downs. Seriously, this war thing is starting to get out of hand and people are just starting to make really stupid false facts. I own a 360, purley because I really like Halo live and that's pretty much the reason why I chose the 360 over the PS3. And as I own this 360, a guy in my class came up to me and actually said:

"The Xbox sucks!" and I asked
"Why?" and it's always funny when you ask them that question and they can't come up with a decent answer. Then he finally replies:
"Coz the 360 has crap graphics."
"The 360 has the exact same graphics and the PS3. And if anything the 360 has 3% BETTER graphics than the PS3 according to a study."
well said and also nicely done in the owning of the fanboy.

my freind is a ps3 fanboy and he seriously wont stop with the whole halo and gears should be on the ps3 not xbox hings and all the things super fanboys do.

he was not a dick before he had a ps3 the console wars change a man, he cant return to normal life hes always different.