Poll: Imagine a paradise...without your friends and family?

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
Right now, imagine your very own paradise, where everything is perfect just for you, where everything goes how you want it, perfectly. Maybe every tree grows a strawberry/chocolate and dancing elves feed it to you...

Are you done imagining your customized paradise? Here's the second part...

Would you live in this paradise if everyone you knew wasn't there? Friends, family members, even minor acquaintances won't be there, in this paradise everyone will be a new face to you.

What would be the fate of those you know? Maybe they wouldn't exist anymore because your paradise has replaced the world you once knew, or maybe you would be transported to your paradise and be considered missing to everyone you once knew. Who cares though? you're living in your own paradise! Well, maybe you do care... So the question is, would you give up every familiar face for your very own paradise?

Edit: Of course, if you feel you need your friends and family in order to have a paradise, that could complicate your decision...

Cargando

Apr 8, 2009
I could live with it, but I'd get frightfully in need of someone to talk to after a while.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I would give up being in paradise and choose to be with my dysfunctional, and crazy friends and family any day.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Well, I like meeting new people, and I hate my family.

I think I could accept it.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
Paradise is necessarily without friends and family, so you can make new friends. Like Friedrich Nietzsche.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
What if my paradise includes my friend and family? if they are not there then it is not a paradise so they have to be there for your situation to work...

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
To make it truly a paradise, something in it must be so great that the lack of family and friends doesn't affect it's status as a paradise. So yes.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
poncho14 said:
What if my paradise includes my friend and family? if they are not there then it is not a paradise so they have to be there for your situation to work...
Well this sums up my feelings. Can't have a proper paridise without my family.

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
Making new friends always came pretty easily to me, and I wouldn't value my friends as more important than paradise.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
No. I love my family, I'm really close to my siblings and my parents, and we really enjoy each others company. And my friends, while I do not have many, my best ones are really close to me and I couldn't stand being away from them. So I'd say no the second the offer came.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
poncho14 said:
Well this sums up my feelings. Can't have a proper paridise without my family.
Essentially, you just divided by zero. Please don't do that.

Antlers

Feb 23, 2008
Would there be other people there?

I've always thought I'd love to have been on Oceanic Flight 815.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
That's a good one. I enjoy these little question threads you make :)

I would probably take the paradise, after all I wouldn't be alone, even if it wasn't with people I knew. Who knows, maybe i'd like the new people better!

It would suck to lose my family and friends though...

Antlers said:
I've always thought I'd love to have been on Oceanic Flight 815.
Is that the one from lost?

October Country

Dec 21, 2008
Well, if this paradise is eternal, I guess I can make friends with whoever ends up being in my paradise. And if I can't have my friends, then I can at least choose the qualities and interests of all the strange people up there.

Federalist92

Jul 28, 2009
Im a shy person whos not good talking to people to make new friends. I barely ever approach new guys who could be potential buddys' and if i dont do this you can well imagine how absolutly terrible i am talking to girls.
because of this, i would probally enjoy my paradise...but for about an hour, before i would want to discuss it with someone and find no one i know there.
I would then feel absolutly lonely till i died on top of candy fudge mountain of an exploding gut...alone.