Poll: Implants: Do/would you support them? (Probably NSFW)

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
It does not infringe upon me and my way of life, so how is it I, or anyone else for that matter, am supposed to judge someone for this?

It is their body, not mine. Whether or not they wish to change it is something that I feel I should have no say in. However, that opinion should also not shield someone from my criticism of the act. If I am bothered in the first place by such a thing. Which I shouldn't be.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
The question is phrased oddly.

Do I support cosmetic surgery? Not especially.
Do I support those that elect to have cosmetic surgery? Sure.

If someone wanted my opinion on whether or not to have cosmetic surgery, I'd think it'd better to deal with any underlying issues of why they would elect to have this surgery. But, it's ultimately up to them. Their body, their choice.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
madwarper said:
The question is phrased oddly.

Do I support cosmetic surgery? Not especially.
Do I support those that elect to have cosmetic surgery? Sure.
Mm, yeah, this. I'm totally up for people doing whatever the hell they want with their bodies, and while it's always nice to discuss things with your partner, at the end of the day it's not their body.

OT: I personally would not get boob implants. I've never wanted bigger boobs, if mine disappeared overnight I'd just be like 'Oh would you look at that'. I'm pretty boob-neutral, I don't see what the fuss is about. And walking around with plastic inside my boobs sounds horrific to me, not to mention the surgery in the first place and the fact you have to get them replaced every 10 years I think it is.

But that's just me personally, if someone wants to get massive fake boobs, then that is completely their choice and I respect that.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
I don't think I have been with a woman who hasn't had D sized breasts or larger so the ones I've been in relationships with usually only consider reductions but I have literally zero issues with it. Personally not my thing but I could never be against someone else' decision that doesn't affect me.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Aren't women already secretly upset that they 'have to' wear make-up? Implants are sort of 'just another thing they have to do' mentality in which they clearly do not need to do ever complaint.

I like the idea of natural/genetically appropriate 'whatever you end up with'. I like them big, I like them small but most of all I like them jiggle.
Surgical alterations for cosmetic purposes feels like a betrayal of ones own true identity. But I wouldn't argue against someone who got cleft lip surgery.
I'm not a fan that Arial Winter got breast reduction. I don't watch the show she's on or really pay any attention to this specific actor either. It doesn't really affect me.

These are my opinions.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...they're not my tits, so go nuts. Make 'em bigger, make 'em smaller, make 'em shoot silly string, whatever.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Don't care. The only thing I'd be concerned about is potential problems (aesthetic, health), which I currently know nothing about.
I'd replace everything in my body except my brain with technology if I could. A bit of silicon in my SO's breasts is nothing in comparison.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Other people can get their implants, there's nothing wrong with that.

My girl? No. I like them big and small. If I have a girl that has them small or almost flat, I wold grow to like them, I find it cute.

I wouldn't want her to fake 'em up. I don't find fake attractive.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Complete support up to a point which is a matter of taste which in turn can adapt. Want to do it? Do it. I'll volunteer to review and compare.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, if someone wants to get them, whatever. I personally think pierced ears are going too far, but that's just me.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
I do support them, even if only for the totally mercenary reason of wanting the same support when it becomes possible to turn myself into Adam Jensen and/or Commander Shepard as of Mass Effect 2.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Odbarc said:
Aren't women already secretly upset that they 'have to' wear make-up?
I don't wear makeup myself, but my sister does in a big way and she certainly isn't upset by it. She loves makeup. She loves buying it. She loves trying out different colours and styles. She loves messing around with her appearance (subtle and professional for work, then bright red "Jessica Rabbit" lips for going out in the evening).

I can see the appeal, I've just never got into it myself. It's something you do need practise to get good at!

OT: Whilst I sometimes wish I had more of a chest, I personally wouldn't get implants myself, because a) I'm nervous about unnecessary surgery and b) ultra-padded bras are a more convenient (and reversible!) way to get a boost.

My other half isn't into huge boobs, so I doubt he'd be in favour!

Feb 7, 2016
Of course I support a persons decision to get them, not actively mind you, as in I'm not running around to every cosmetic surgery clinic and rooting as the person walks in to get the surgery done, but if someone I knew said to me that they were considering having it done, I wouldn't look at them with any disdain.

If my girlfriend wanted them, I might be a little put off on the idea, but ultimately I'd let her know that I love her the way she is, her boobies are no exception to that, and if she still wants the surgery then her decision is final.
I've never been really picky with breast size. Large, small, flat, earth shattering, it's all cool with me, yo! However, there is something more satisfying about breasts that are all natural.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I ain't going to be the killjoy who tells people what to do with their bodies so I'm indifferent to this, I know I certainly wouldn't want to be cut open if I can help it, but not everyone shares my sensibilities.

I had a friend who was super pretty, but she was petite and had small boobs and she was rather vocal about her desire to get breast enlargement one day. No amount of me saying "but you're gorgeous the way you are" would change her mind on that so can only be the supportive friend when that happens and hope it makes her happy.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I think quality also plays an important part; you want a damn good doctor to do it so you get results like this -

- and not like some of the disasters you see elsewhere (that I won't post to avoid scaring people).

Dec 10, 2012
Normally, I don't like the look of fake breasts. Just personal preference, though I have seen some good ones. But I begrudge no one the choice.

I have a casual friend, a woman I went to high school with although I barely knew her back then. She was a very awkward person in school. Very tall and boyish, and very uncomfortable in her own skin. Once she turned 20 she got herself a nose job and some pretty expensive breast implants. They actually look really good, in her case.

Since I've gotten reacquainted with her in our mid-twenties, she is a very different person. She's clearly a happier, better person, very much more confident in her own quirks, and not at all apologetic that a big part of herself is her appearance. She's a part time model, a member of a dance group of other quite attractive people, an active cosplayer at conventions. She's not a slut (whatever that even means anymore), she's not a shallow person, she's not mean or judgmental to unattractive people.

Basically what I'm saying is, fake boobs helped improve a young woman's life, not for any super deep reason, but because she just needed a boost and an anchor to her identity and they helped her find herself. So I totally support the decision, and the availability of the option.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Would I be supportive of my gf getting breast implants?

Hmmm, I would say no, but I wouldn't exactly say no, if you know what I mean. I would try and argue that it isn't necessary, and that there could be side effects or something.
If she was really adamant that it would make her feel better, I would ask if her getting fake tits would really solve her problems. Likely not, but who knows, haha.
If she wants to get them just because she is materialistic, then we probably wouldn't be together in the first place.

It would probably end in us breaking up.

Forever alone.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
if it is in order to cover up accidents it's okay. however from what i gather the main reason why young girls do it is body pressure and it has become alarmingly popular. if a person is taking implants because they feel inadequate they do not need implants, they need to talk to someone who can help them get over such issues and prevent them from doing themselves harm. we should learn to be happy with and take care of our bodies as they are. you only have one and it's with you for life

Oct 2, 2012
I don't like the way implants look. They look downright silly and sometimes even gross to me.
Then again, I like breasts on the smaller side. I don't really care what most people do with their bodies, but if my SO wanted to get implants I'd just tell her that I neither agree with or like the decision but I won't force her to do anything she is uncomfortable with.

That's it. Make my disagreement known and go back to doing whatever the fuck else I was doing.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
i have the impression by reading the comments, that everybody here think breast implants = DD+ size. but the vast majority of implants goes from a or b cup the the cup above (so b and c). when you got a b or a c size, they are not gigantic or unatural, but at least you get something to show, and there's often more interresting clothing to put when you have a little bit of breast.