Poll: Innistrad F*** Yeah

TheMetalGuy

Jun 23, 2010
I played the new magic the gathering set called Innistrad, and I think it's total awesome sauce.
We played sealed (it's a game format where you get six packs of 15 cards, and build a deck out of the cards you draw, also trading and bringing your own cards is forbidden)

Fortunately I drew a garruk relentless, and many werewolfs, (I'm currently building a constructed deck out of the cards) so I had a blast and won a few boosters.

Have you played the set, and do you like it?

Please share. (If you doesn't play magic, then it would be a good time to start now)

TheMetalGuy

Jun 23, 2010
Luke3184 said:
Me and a mate have just ordered the massive pack, can't wait
I wanted to buy a booster display with 36 boosters, but since I need a new bicycle, I just can't afford it, so I have to settle for a fatpack.

Tipatap

Aug 7, 2011
WOO INNISTRAD
I've been a fan of Vampires in Magic, and with Innistrad and the coming sets in the block, they're just going to be raised. Not to mention that new blocks are always good.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I JUST got the e-mail saying my booster box is on it's way

I went to a sealed even and pulled the dragon (I collect dragons) The vamp mythic *****, and a snap caster mage.

Really though, I am not all that impressed with the set so far. I was all super excited for enemy colored dual lands... but the novelty of them has already worn off. Especially since most of decks don't run enemy colors. Oh... I did pull a foil black green land though. That was nice.

I'm thinking of putting a Human green white deck together though.

TheMetalGuy

Jun 23, 2010
Draconalis said:
I JUST got the e-mail saying my booster box is on it's way

I went to a sealed even and pulled the dragon (I collect dragons) The vamp mythic *****, and a snap caster mage.

Really though, I am not all that impressed with the set so far. I was all super excited for enemy colored dual lands... but the novelty of them has already worn off. Especially since most of decks don't run enemy colors. Oh... I did pull a foil black green land though. That was nice.

I'm thinking of putting a Human green white deck together though.
If you want to play with humans, then check out the card called "mentor of the meek".
I drew one, but traded it for a mayor of avabruck, and a daybreak ranger.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Bought the Morbid-themed intro pack, because getting a fat pack meant waiting until Friday. Opened another Skirsdag Priest in addition to the foil one that comes with the deck. Gonna get a few more and put them in my B/W clerics deck. this'll be a good set for that deck, I think.

Plus, it has to be said yet one more time, I am totally digging the horror vibe. This will be a good Halloween.

TheMetalGuy

Jun 23, 2010
6_Qubed said:
Bought the Morbid-themed intro pack, because getting a fat pack meant waiting until Friday. Opened another Skirsdag Priest in addition to the foil one that comes with the deck. Gonna get a few more and put them in my B/W clerics deck. this'll be a good set for that deck, I think.

Plus, it has to be said yet one more time, I am totally digging the horror vibe. This will be a good Halloween.
I agree and this set makes it possible to equip wooden stakes on vampiers. XD

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
I have heard of this game and I had dream once where my Magic-playing friend (in the form of a goat) urged me to play. I think I just might try it out...
One question: How do you start?
There are so many cards and I don't really have the slightest idea how to begin...

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
i think i stopped playing right after tenth edition premiered. I have some Pherexian stuff but thats the last time i played. Id love to get back into it, but no one i know cares to play anymore so. That and i lost my Beta Lotus T_T

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
TheMetalGuy said:
Hells ya! Its an amazing set. I went to pre-release last weekend and absolutely loved it. We had a small tourney of 47 people including national players and stuff. Ive never done a draft tourney and I came 11th out of the 47 with my G/W human deck. Absolutely loving the set so far though

Managed to pull myself an Isolated Temple, 2 of the buff lands aaaand a SNAPCASTER...which I just sold for 30 today, so I'm pretty stoked at that. Also I drew the totally famous TREE OF REDEMPTION, which is hilarious.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
I stopped playing around Worldwake since everyone around me did. Last prerelease I went to I pulled a foil Lotus Cobra. I want to get back into Magic but I have nobody to play with unfortunately.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
While I think the artwork is some of their best since Llorwyn (especially after the ickyness of Phyrexia) I'm still not sure if I like this set. I played the pre-release (in which Lilyana paid for the event for me :D) and while there looks like there could be some interesting decks, the tempo was all over the place with some stratagies that Wizard seem to be pushing (Blue mill and G/R Warewolves) being to slow to keep place with Human and Vampire tribal.

Overall: Fantastic art and great individual cards both mechanically and flavourfully, but a little inconsistant especially in sealed.

TheMetalGuy

Jun 23, 2010
Xixikal said:
I have heard of this game and I had dream once where my Magic-playing friend (in the form of a goat) urged me to play. I think I just might try it out...
One question: How do you start?
There are so many cards and I don't really have the slightest idea how to begin...
Go to your lokal magic pusher, and buy a event deck.
They are fairly easy to use, and contains enough "good" cards so you have a chance to win against experienced opponents.

Then buy i few boosters and trade with other players for the cards you need.
(Many experienced players like me likes to guide the new, so the our magic comunity will grow)