Poll: Ipod or Zen?

Aug 23, 2008
Well, I've heard of a lot of issues with the iPod. I've had my iPod for about a year now, and it's been perfectly fine. I'm extremely happy with it and I've never had a single problem with it, ever.

Don't know much about Zens so I can't say anything about that.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, I know on reading up on the sony player I mentioned earlier, a lot of the people were saying 'well thank god sony's dropped the ridiculous soundforge software and now you can just use WMP11 to do everything', sony seem to have released their grip on having everything their own way.

Yeah, yeah, I know WMP is windows, and Bill gates is satan, and you all would rather play Crysison an abacus than a windows pc, but hey, I like playing games easily on a system I dont need to think about.

That's about the only downside to my Creative Zen, is that you need software to transfer files onto it, its not a straight drag'n'drop thing, unlike those cheap n nasty 1gb for £20, no screen players. I don't know Sony's take on it, but you do need itunes to do anything with an ipod right?

Plus I'm just as blindly sheeplike as all those people who rushed out to get an ipod because they were cool, in the respect that I flatly refuse to get an ipod because they're cool, and I realise this stance makes me an idiot, but I can't change. Really I wish I had more reasons to be anti ipod, but I don't want to be a white cabled silhoutted wankpot, like you see in the ads.

I wish I could stay on one subject for a whole post every now and then...

jim_doki

Mar 29, 2008
I use a Samsung S5. with 4 gig of memory, a touch screen and external speakers, and being 125 aussie dollars, it gets my vote