Poll: Is batman a superhero?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
As stated by a certain games reviewer on this site, Batman is not a hero as he is an event.

Obsidian Rocker

Mar 10, 2010
Man, fuck batman. He's a conservatives wet dream. Think about it, right? He's the head of a big corporation. He has all the high tech weaponry, gadgets and money yet he goes after street level thugs and not the big, top bad guys like corporations and whatnot. Fuck batman

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Well, hes not a meta human as he has no powers, hes just a guy in the end. He's a masked vigilante more than anything.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Your friend sounds like someone I'd like to marry, considering she's absolutely right.

I put Batman in the same boat as Ironman, two bored rich guys with way too much time on their hands. They are heroes, yes, but as they have no supowerpowers, they, by definition, cannot be superheroes.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
funny thing about superheros, they have SUPER POWERS!!!! he's a hero, but not a super one. iron man IS a super hero because he can fly and shoot lasers and crap (havent actually seen it yet, will do soon), but all bat man can do is hang off grappling ropes and do dome rather cheesey and unconvinsing fight scenes

Cormac250

Dec 28, 2010
He isn't a super hero, he is a hero. So is ironman. If you have a super power you are a super hero, if not then you are a regular hero if a hero at all.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Have to agree with your friend; he has no 'superpowers' by common definition, he just has a lot of money.

Although, he is a super hero I suppose? But a superhero? Noh, I think not!
Either way. He's pretty damn cool. And kudos to him for not even needing superpowers. What a beast.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
No.

A superhero has to possess superpowers. Batman is a human being without any superpowers. He's a costumed hero/masked avenger, but not a superhero. Spiderman, Superman or The Hulk are examples of superheroes, due to the fact that they are superhuman in one way or another.

Iron man isn't a superhero either. He's just a rich guy in a science-fiction type power armour.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
It depends which Batman your talking about. In the Christopher Nolan films he's just a hero. But in the comic books and cartoons he's a Superhero. It may not make all that much sense but he is. It is true that Batman began as a street wise hero with a few cool gadgets. He was more in line with James Bond and Zorro than Superman. But now...

[img/]http://www.toplessrobot.com/justice-league.jpg[/img]

Batman is a member of the Justice League. A group of heroes that includes the fastest man on earth, an intergalatic protector who's only real limit is what he can think up and a farm boy who's practically a god. Yet Batman is still stands amoung them. Why?...Well, mainly because he's popular, but also he's the greatest statagist on earth, knows almost every combat style there is to know and is rediculously competent to the point that it's practically a super power.

I personally think Batman works better at a smaller level. His arch nemesis is a skinny pale dude in a purple suit for fucks sake, he's a bad ass but he really shouldn't be facing intergalatic threats. But he does. So there you go.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
Of course he's a bloody superhero! He may not have super powers, but he has stats that are above average: intelligence, strength, agility, and etc..

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
I'm sure this was already said in some form but he is a super hero like Watchmen were super heroes. You do not need super powers to be a super hero only the desire and will to make a change for the better.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Batman's superpowers, if it can be called that, is writer's fiat. Whatever situation he is in, the writers think of a contrived way to get him out of it.

When he needs to, he can defy the limits of the human body and do amazing things. He can hold his breath for a very long time.

When he needs to analyze something and does not have a way to get to the bat cave, he just declares that a batcave exists in that part of Gotham and boom it does. Awfully convenient that a Bat Cave just exists on Arkham Island, Wayne Tower, and underneath Wayne Manor.