Poll: Is it 'cool' to use Internet Explorer yet?

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
I use firefox. I don't like IE at all. With the security holes and all that, its much safer to use a different web browser. My friend is constantly needing to run virus scans and all that because he refuses to use a different browser for some unknown reason.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
I don't pick based on "coolness", I pick based on secureness. Which is kind of redundant when Avast locks my browser down anyway if someone as much as sneezes near the server.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
Just thought I'd share a little researching I dug up in the past little while...
Cnet reviews of the browser battles [http://www.cnet.com.au/browser-battles-ie-vs-firefox-vs-chrome-vs-opera-vs-safari-339287694.htm]

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I dunno, but Chrome and Firefox are damn slow for me at the moment. I keep getting that 'Kill Pages' message.
Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

OT: No, its a piece of shit.

isnosche

Oct 4, 2010
i'm sorry,

But i love IE 9, i've never been a fan of firefox or chrome.
I am pretty meh about ff and i can't stand chrome.
It was pretty buggy last time i tried and programs keep trying to force it on me.
Been using IE for a while and i'm happy with it.
btw i also used to love opera :D but i haven't used that in a long time :)
*its just so pretty*

i say try it, i really liked it, some (you) may not.
last time i checked it was still free :)

P.S.
and one of the other people here are right, why would you care what other people think.
unless it was to know if it was secure or not :)

isnosche

Oct 4, 2010
i'm sorry,

But i love IE 9, i've never been a fan of firefox or chrome.
I am pretty meh about ff and i can't stand chrome.
It was pretty buggy last time i tried and programs keep trying to force it on me.
Been using IE for a while and i'm happy with it.
btw i also used to love opera :D but i haven't used that in a long time :)
*its just so pretty*

i say try it, i really liked it, some (you) may not.
last time i checked it was still free :)

P.S.
and one of the other people here are right, why would you care what other people think.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Don't care if it's cool, i always use IE.
Chrome was'nt my cup of tea, and Firefox....well, that did'nt end well.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
isnosche said:
P.S.
I suppose I worded that poorly.

I was trying to get a perspective on weather IE9 was acceptably secure, stable, compatible and feature-rich to get tech-heads to call it cool...

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
I'm still using Lynx. Fuck all of you, my penis is larger.

OT: IE crashes, Mozzarella takes ages to load up, Chrome works. I'm not using it for the utility, it just fucking works.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I've never had a problem with firefox, really. I don't see the reason to change, especially not back to a microsoft product.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I use Firefox, but...it's really not that big a difference.
Browsers are probably the most trivial thing I've seen people be fanboys over.

SkyHawkMkIV

May 19, 2011
I'm using Firefox 5 beta 2 and it zips right along on my 5-year-old laptop. Can't really say that I'm a "fanboy" for any particular browser, I just use what works for me.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
I've been using IE (again) since version 8, because I was fed up with Firefox occupying about 80% of my RAM, especially on my netbook, starting slowly and crashing. It didn't crash often, but more often than IE, and when it crashed, it took all the tabs with it.

Also, IE uses a Win7 security feature no other browser uses (as far as I know). When IE8+ is running on a Win7 PC, it runs with lower permissions than a standard user, not quite sandboxed, but with highly restricted read/write permissions. AdBlock is integrated as well (called "Tracking Protection". Just have it use the right block lists and your web pages are clean.

IE starts a lot quicker than Firefox and offers jumplist functions (but maybe these two problems got fixed in FF4).

And: Silverlight is awesome, and doesn't feel as fluid in FF. Let alone Safari (which I - embarassingly - actually used until I realised that "Apple" folders kept popping up all across both my harddisks)