Poll: Is it 'cool' to use Internet Explorer yet?

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010
Korak the Mad said:
That's what I use, I like the tabs on the toolbars. Also Firefox won't allow me on this site or any other for some reason.
Then your firewall settings, then check your proxy settings. Lots of people don't realise that the proxy settings can mess things up.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Listen, I no nothing of Internet Explorer ever since I switched to Firefox, depends on the computer a bit though, personally I think Chrome is usually the best but I use Firefox because Google Chrome constantly crashes on my computer, but who cares what anyone else thinks anyway, if you like it then use it.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009

Hahaha...but srsly OT: For most mainstream people it's a perfectly adequate way to surf the internet because they simply don't want to use the features that are available on other browsers.

SickCuchulainn

Aug 17, 2008
IE9's surprisingly nice - I'd switch to it if there was better extension support, but as it is I'll stick with Chrome.

SickCuchulainn

Aug 17, 2008
IE9's surprisingly nice - I'd switch to it if there was better extension support, but as it is I'll stick with Chrome.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
The jury is out on it. While it scrolls smoother than other browsers and can handle a much larger load (because it actually runs off the GPU now as well as the processor)doesn't make it as good because the bloody thing has never been secure. So we'll just have to see.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Whilst IE9 is the most popular and the default browser for people who don't care what their browser is, it will never be as safe or as cool as the other browsers.

I use Firefox 4 for the flexibility (and seem to get comparable speed to Chrome) and Chrome is my back-up browser in times of dire need. I find that whilst Chrome starts up much faster it doesn't actually let you use the internet for just long enough to put it somewhat equal with Firefox. I've heard that Firefox profiles need to be basically reset after a couple of years though if it#s getting very very slow

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Among the recent versions of the five big browsers Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera and Safari there aren't really any significant differences in quality (although IE9 has the huge disadvantage of not being cross-platform, although that isn't really related to quality), and whenever one of them implements a succesfull new feature the others will quickly follow.

I switched from IE6 (which contrarily was total and utter shit; it was also a pain in the ass for web developpers who for years had to make two version of each web page: one for normal standards-abiding browsers and one for IE6) to Firefox many years ago and since then I got used to Mozilla's browser and never saw any reason to switch. I tried Chrome for a while but the user interface just didn't appeal to me for some reason.

smallthemouse

Feb 21, 2011
I would switch to IE9 in a heartbeat since it works incredibly fast and looks good, but the only reason I still use chrome is cause I have two computers, and an Android phone, and a Gmail account. I love having all my passwords, favorites and calendar events be updated on everything at once whenever I change something.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I dunno, but Chrome and Firefox are damn slow for me at the moment. I keep getting that 'Kill Pages' message.
Same here but I'm not about to pass judgement just yet as the internet here is shit almost unbearable.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I've never seen IE offer anything new, it just seems to copy other browsers rather shoddily.

I've hear web developers say "For the love of god upgrade from IE asap!!" on a regular basis, I trust they know a lot about this sort of stuff and IE seems to be universally hated among them.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
All they did is take chrome and rename it IE 9.
So, no. It's just Chrome but suffering from the same problem Chrome wanted to get away from; each browser stealing rival browser's ideas until they're all bloated and horrible.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
As far as I've heard IE's two big disadvantages are still a) being insecure as fuck and b) not being FireFox. Or Opera. Or Chrome.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
I think when it comes to arguing over which browser is best nobody is "Cool" But IE does still suck, imo of course

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I'm trudging through Firefox 4 at the moment, and in my opinion it's a shithole next to 3.6. The interface is terrible, the new-tab button can only sit on the very left or very right. Ew.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Squid94 said:
Am I the only one using Opera?

I used to be on Firefox, but it was too slow. As was IE before that.
I use the Opera, too! I like it, but there's no using Netflix streaming, and I don't want to lose all my history by going back to Firefox.

Can I transfer my data?