Poll: Is it 'cool' to use Internet Explorer yet?

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
I don't really know, before Firefox I used IE, but then switched to chrome and never been happier with my browser. Internet Explore sucked, big ass bar, trying to open a tab was a *****, this was before 1.9, and I still think with all the improvements I won't go back. It was mostly laggy and took way to long to open a page, firefox had a better bar, but had some lag issues, not as much but still some. Chrome did everything I wanted and I really like it.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I use Firefox and I like Firefox better so sorry IE you just get to waste space on my hard drive forever. Oh wait I still use IE every now and again for........ things.

Byrn Stuff

Nov 16, 2009
GalacticNexus said:
I don't think so, it still has the stigma of being riddled with security flaws and such (I'm not sure whether they've been fixed yet).
I use Chrome myself and have since beta. I prefer it's speed and streamlined design.

Byrn Stuff said:
I use it for most of my browsing and only revert to IE/Firefox when some site (I'm looking at you, Lotus iNotes) doesn't support other browsers.
Protip: Download the IE Tab extension. It allows you to open what is essentially an IE emulator inside a Chrome tab if a website is buggy in other browsers.
<3 Will do.

Boletes Net

Nov 9, 2010
Its not because its uncool its cause it sends shit loads of info to microsoft and that makes it slow as fuck its far too based around making microsoft more money than being the best browser...thats why I don't like it anyway.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
bibblles said:
So, got an update for windows to upgrade Internet Explorer to IE9. And from what I've seen it looks pretty tight and refined. The browser bars are slimmer than Chrome, and its (for me) free of the countless add on browser bars that it had years ago.

So bearing in mind it seems to be actually on par with Chrome (which I'm using now), is it 'cool' to use Internet Explorer 9 now? Or is it just the same old Internet Exploder that we all used to hate.
its still the only browser webdev's have to go out of there way to make speacial aragements so that there website can be viewed properly.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
I just like the design of Chrome, and the fact that it is noticeably faster on my computer. Plus AdBlock is a gift from god.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
"cool"? i thought we all hated IE cuz it was slow as hell. tbh, i dont notice any difference at all. last year, some guy told me to switch to chrome, something about memory leaks, and i was just like, whatever.