Poll: Is It Weird When Men Love Cats?

Takumashii

Jul 16, 2011
When I was younger cats seemed to be more of a pet for women, but I think the growing popularity of lolcats has changed the view of owning cats to something more amusing than people previously thought. Personally I think it's fine for anyone to own a cat, there should be a cat owner's cult.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I think cats are much more masculine than dogs. Dogs are far too emotional. As with women, they can't stand being alone. Wow, that was probably really offensive. Ah, well. I like my cat. If anyone thinks that's weird, they probably are dealing with their own repressed catosexuality.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
P0RTAL said:
Jamaicob5 said:
I love cats, but all the ones I owned were evil bastards. My latest cat the other day stripped all the feathers off a pigdeon, but left it to die. Then broke the jaw and kneck of a grass snake, which are really rare in this part of england. But didn't kill it. Then she caught a black rat, which are only found near the coast where I live, and I'm no-where near a port or beach, so how she got it is unknown to me. She did eat it, but rats are the only thing she does eat.

And this was in one day. I hate having to put animals out of their misery just because of her :mad:
My cats a warrior but one day she brought me a live, unharmed bunny. I think she knew I wanted another pet. Except then the rabbit screamed and ran away and I had to protect it from all of my cats. Why had no one ever mentioned before that bunnies have bloodcurdling screams?
One of my own cats (dead now) done that once. Infact she was the only cat I ever had that didn't want to go on a killing spree, or indeed kill anything :L

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm a proud penis owner and I love me some kitties. I don't have one at the moment though but I really want another one...I prefer birds over cats though.

Jan 23, 2010
crystalpyramid said:
P0RTAL said:
The Almighty Grigard said:
Seriously....

How can you not love this singularity of adorableness that is a cat.

I'm gonna say the same thing that multiple people surely have said already. Sure cats might not be "manly" but are you manly enough to have a cat and not take shit from others?
Can I steal your cat? It is double plus cute.
I call Shenanigans!! That's just a pillow with a face! Albeit a furry cute pillow with a face.
I'm going to fetch my broom then i shall return to confiscate your 'pillow'
Hey hey now. I do not approve of this conspiracy to steal my pillow, I mean cat!

He's a Ragdoll if you are interested in a lovely cat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragdoll_cat

platinawolf

Oct 27, 2009
crystalpyramid said:
P0RTAL said:
Seriously....

I'm gonna say the same thing that multiple people surely have said already. Sure cats might not be "manly" but are you manly enough to have a cat and not take shit from others?
I call Shenanigans!! That's just a pillow with a face! Albeit a furry cute pillow with a face.
Hey hey now. I do not approve of this conspiracy to steal my pillow, I mean cat!

Hey, if there's any stealing to be done I'm gonna be the one doing it!

Nov 28, 2010
Yeah, I've also noticed articles like that lately and quite frankly, it's the people who write articles like that that are weird. A love of cats says as much about your masculinity as say, a love of office paper. It's totally irrelevant.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
I am male and I like cats. I dislike any implication that I should conform to the various idiosyncrasies of 'manliness', or that my liking cats is somehow in violation of some unwritten social rules that I am not privy to. Anyone who desires to stifle my personality in relation to this is wholly undeserving of my attention.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
It's not socially normal for men to like cats. To even bring up the question enforces this. So yes, it's weird for men to like cats. Is there honestly something wrong with it? No.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
It's more manly to love cats and not be a wuss about it.

"Yeah, I'm a cat dude. Gotta problem wit' dat, punk?"

P0RTAL

Jan 17, 2011
platinawolf said:
crystalpyramid said:
P0RTAL said:
Seriously....

Ok fine guys, we'll toss it in the cloning machine and we'll each take a kitty clone

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
P0RTAL said:
platinawolf said:
crystalpyramid said:
P0RTAL said:
Seriously....

Ok fine guys, we'll toss it in the cloning machine and we'll each take a kitty clone
Yaaay!! That 'pillow' is totally adorable. As are most cats.
Just make sure it isn't the Professors cloning machine that makes two of something at half the size.

P0RTAL said:
woah i managed to get 214 posts on here. If you guys keep coming this will be my biggest thread
This thread has spiralled wildly out of control. Although i think it pretty definitively answers your question about men loving their cats!