Poll: Is LoL's community really that bad?

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
KaosuHamoni said:
After watching a load of TotalBiscuit videos, and hearing the name mentioned several times in several articles, I delved into League of Legends. Despite the stigma that seems to surround the community, I though "What the hell. It'll get me ready for DOTA 2, and I haven't played a MOBA game in ages.". Now, I went in cautiously, and, to my surprise, after announcing that I've never played the game before, my team were really friendly, consistently gave me advice, and, I am yet to see evidence of the horde of trolls and assholes that seemingly populate this rather fun game.

Admittedly, I seem to have become smitten with it, because it's just so damn fun, however, as I level higher, and unlock Ranked play (I'm only lvl 8), will I suddenly see what the people who play this game are really like, or is it just all sensationalism?

Edit: Thread merge please? =]
The only tip you will ever need..../ignore is your best friend. I start out half my pub games with /ignore all.

Pacerman

Nov 18, 2009
No one ever remembers the polite or quiet ones, only the A-holes.

By this logic, any medium with a social environment has a bad community!

Face it, you already forgot the Alistar who saved you at the cost of his own life, but you still curse the username of that Master Yi who fed the other team and blamed everyone else for it!

Now go out there and give your tanks and support classes a hug!