Poll: Is Microsoft out?

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
The console isn't going to win in the gaming circles. Microsoft created a set top box that can play games and has kinect integration.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
research show that while many talk, only 1-3% of gamers use backward compactability. it will not affect sales much despite what people on this forum tell you (escapist is not a palce to find average gamer, you would be better suited for that at IGN or gamespot, but i dont suggest you going there, you dont want average gamers trust me).
The used game fees are not really set in stone yet. we dont know how it works.

I am of the opinion that for both consoles we will wait and see because right now we dont even know much really.

If anything, history has taught us that the average consumer wont care much, and i doubt this will ruin MS.

Also, why is there no option: no i think the features are great. i mean sure i understand you dont like it, but there may be some people that do?

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Microsoft could have announced that they are coming out with a new Xbox console, and the only thing it does is have a little better hardware and it would have sold to the ignorant crowd. Microsoft won't be out this round, but the vocal minority seems to be leaning heavily towards the PS4. I think, this generation, the PS4 will be on top.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Zeh Don said:
RoBi3.0 said:
or it is a game console priced as such that is also a general media device made to complete with smart TVs. Seriously did people miss the part of the conference where they mentioned that it will play games.
No, it's an "entertainment media device", as Microsoft put it. They're not selling a games console, and they're not in the games console business. They want people to buy this thing to watch TV on, and maybe play games.
Seriously, did you miss the part of the conference where they mentioned everything else other than games for nearly an hour, and then spent 10 minutes covering games that fail to show off anything remotely interesting?
If you honestly believe that the new Xbox will not play games I don't think there is any help for you. I agree that Microsoft really did a piss poor job pitching the console, but it still plays video games so it a game console.

I think Microsoft spent a lot of time talking about the TV stuff because it assumed its target audience was smart enough to realize that the Xbox will be just as good at playing games as it was last gen. Apparently they were wrong that's what they get for not treating gamers like they are stupid like they usually do.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
xPixelatedx said:
What you aren't taking into consideration is the Xbox crowd is basically the crowd of disposable games. There are more used games turned in for Xboxes then PS3s and wiis combined, at least you'd think that looking at the racks at any Gamestop. The 360 runs on the sports games, CoDs and Halos, after all. These games all become moot once their next iterations pop up. Knowing the crowd who is the most devoted to xbox is basically attached to Gamestop at-the-hip, it seems unlikely that the console will be as big a success as the 360. They basically called out their target audience and admitted upfront, "We are going to fuck you over, lol".
That's a good point, actually.
I remember when Halo Reach launched; it enjoyed a great deal of success.
And then was immediately ousted and forgotten about three weeks later because of CoD.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
There is no poll option that adequately describes how few shits console gamers care for backwards compatibility and blocking used games. If the latest Call of Duty game is on it, they will buy it.

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
I'm not sure if they are out of the console race yet. But, what I can say is that it's the first tech reveal that's made me not want a product that I once wanted.

If they can pull it together and realize many gamers do not care much about the extras packed into the system and care much more about actual gaming then they could make the system great. Seriously, Microsoft, I'm not trying to buy an "all in one entertainment device" that's what I use my computer for--The keyboard/mouse input is better than voice/gesture from 10 feet away, anyway.