Poll: Is my brother weird?

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
So that explains his mysterious trip to Holland.

I voted that I didn't think it was that weird, but actually I know if I saw someone do it in front of me I'd find it really fucking weird. I'm torn.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
I would be more worried about him being a little dumb than weird. Eating non poisonous flowers out of curiosity it's fine and dandy, but thinking a dandelion will ease the peckish is a stretch, not to mention the sanitary concerns.

Weatherking

Jul 21, 2012
I have been known to eat flowers and other similar items of nature, moss , grass, once I ate a piece of bark(wasn't very good), don't like mushrooms though, they're weird...
Oh yeah! My point is, yeah maybe I'm weird or something, but sometimes a flower just tastes good, and you can't beat that. You just can't! You can't. Trust me on this!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I can say without hesitation (and without reading this thread or the OP in the slightest) yes, he is. Everyone is. For all time.

AT ANY RATE *begins reading*...

ah, ate a flower? Yeah I spose you don't see that every day. Then again, no harm no foul. Van Gogh cut his fucking ear off, and in retrospect he's (rightfully) considered an artistic genius.

(NOT that I'm comparing severe depressive disorder to eating flowers but... y'know...)

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Not particularly odd at all, parts of it at least are edible. Other flowers are also edible, I've never done it but I know it's a thing that is done and I wouldn't be particularly averse to trying it either.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
LTlewis said:
Yes he is. The story; on his way home my brother felt a little hungry, not staving, not famished just a little hungry. So to cure his hunger he thought that the best thing to do was, not walk the last 15 minutes to home, not find a corner shop and get something but to EAT A FLOWER! He bent down on the side of the road, picked up a dandelion and ate it. No lie. Please tell me that you think that this is as stupid and bizarre as I think. Also if you have any similar stories please tell. Maybe I will think this is less strange then.

Dandelions are actually quite high in nutritional value....the circumstances for this experiment may have been a bit odd but the act of eating a dandelion itself isn't. My dad used to make dandelion salad for himself, he never made us eat it but he did it in part on the recommendation of his MD. The local apothecary where I live now carries dried dandelion for making tea. My big concern would be that a randomly picked dandelion might have pesticides/herbicides on it.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Maybe we are the weird ones and he is the only normal man left in this fucked up world. It is a feminist conspiracy I tell you!

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
xplosive59 said:
Maybe we are the weird ones and he is the only normal man left in this fucked up world. It is a feminist conspiracy I tell you!
MAN THE HARPOONS! PATRIARCHY'S AT IT AGAIN!
OT: I remember in elementary school kids were eating the grass fertilizer. They looked like mangled up sugar cubes and it became "cool" to eat them. I never did because I wasn't cool and the one time I licked one it tasted horrible. I have no idea why anyone started doing it. As far as flowers go, I mean I would assume they're eatable. I mean sunflower seeds are a pretty common thing so I would guess actual flowers wouldn't hurt you. Don't know how filling it would be, but whatever.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
A weed is just a plant you don't want in your garden.

I used to eat dandelions when I was little. I still might if they grew anywhere around here. I'm genetically predisposed to liking weird foods (a mutation, as I found out a few years ago in college doing a genetics experiment) so I don't think it's a big deal though I do agree with most of the posters that it's way weirder you both decided to spar about it here.

Oh patriarchy, you so crazy.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
xplosive59 said:
It could have been any kind of conspiracy, man! I'm partial to the "sentient flower people monitoring our behavior and ticking off another minute until the apocalypse every time a flower is eaten" conspiracy, but now we officially have a feminism thread. About two brothers. Everyone is weird.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Ehh in the south (American south) people eat fried dandelions, I don't know how they taste, but the only weirdness I see here is that he didn't throw them in boiling oil first.

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
Nah, he's not that weird for eating a flower, but his reasons for eating it are a little odd. Although I do enjoy a good sibling squabble on the forums for us all to see!

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Well, that makes perfect sense to me. I love dandelion and burdock pop, so I bet dandelions make good eating. As do Burdocks, whatever the hell they are.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
LTlewis said:
This is true, and I should of said this to start, he is 19.
Perhaps you should HAVE done that, yes.

OT: At first I was like "yeah, I guess that's a bit weird, but hardly anything to get wound up over". After his post, presuming it actually is the guy in question, no doubt about it. That's way too elaborate an explanation to not at least be considered "weird".

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
He may simply have a condition called pica, a condition that causes people to eat items that are not considered food or of any nutritional value. severe reports include people eating coins, glass, and metal but for now, this may be a one time fluke but I would keep an eye out

h4xor555

Aug 25, 2010
Hes going to get himself seriously hurt on day.

How the hell do you eat a dandelion? Just how?