Poll: Is sex sacred to you?

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Not at all.

Though I'm the kinda guy who will "lose it" if I'm not with a girl that I find attractive, so I generally wait for something special to happen.

Basically, I'd do it in a bathroom if the girl was willing.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I never, personally, felt the need to engage in casual sex with strangers. The idea of it has always creeped me out. I also felt that I couldn't meet the emotionally distant requirements to be a 'fuck-buddy'. If I couldn't keep the sex meaningless or not attach at least a string to it, then I'd just be putting myself into a place I didn't want to be and I'd end up feeling used. I wasn't willing to put myself or anyone else, through something I couldn't handle. It just seemed like it would create a mess, and since I am the only one with the problem, I'd have some lonely cleaning up to do.

I am not a 'free' person, I am a 'shy' person. Or modest, whichever word you'd like to put with this.I don't like being vulnerable. Being naked and having sex with someone leaves me, in what I consider to be, a vulnerable state. I have to love or care for someone enough to allow them full access to me in that regard. This is why my marriage is so reasonable. He's my Husband and my Best Friend. I've never had a better connection to someone. Did I save myself for this marriage? No. We were 'living in sin' , as-they-say, years before we even talked about marriage. If it hadn't been for him asking me one drunken evening at my Brother's house, we would never have gotten married; and I was alright with that idea too.

As for how other peoples sex life goes, it's really none of my business. I don't tend to ask.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Well I'm not one to wait for marriage, because I don't believe in marriage, but I'm certainly going to wait to have some meaningful sex, and if that relationship doesn't work out, and I become emotionally jaded, THEN I will try sleeping around.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Oh...ok. I took this topic in a different way than I think it's intended...but still, I think my answer is still valid.

So I think when I am in a relationship that sex with my partner is sacred. Basically I mean that I am monogamous to a degree that is like...hyper monogamy.

However, when I was single, it was seriously like COMEATMEBRO! (Except with women...comeatmebra?) I could give two shits when it was casual. Once I started dating the person, it was them and only them. And special.

Therefore, sex is as important as you make it. For me, that importance is purely subjective based on the situation.

tl;dr

COMEATMEBRA

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
ajemas said:
Whenever I encounter someone who says that sex is completely meaningless to them, and that it is just meat slapping against meat and therefore nothing to get worked up about, I like to present them with the following scenario:
Let's say that you have a girl/boyfriend who you have been with for a long time and have strong feelings for. Now let's say that your girl/boyfriend has sex with an entire football/cheerleading team. Assuming that they all used protection, would you feel the same way about your lover? Once you put it in that setting, it ceases to become a physical process and something that has to be shared between you two.
That's an amazing way to put it into perspective, mind if I borrow that for future use?

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
Sex is what you make it, sacred if you want it to be or something natural and fun, whatever tickles your fancy.

I like having sex. If I'm not in a relationship I enjoy chasing a good looking fella for sex and usually there's nothing more to it, in and out so to speak. As long as there's protection I see nothing wrong with it. *shrug*

I think sex becomes more meaningful when it's with a long term partner who I really care about.

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Yes. But not in the way you're thinking of. Great sex is a religious experience. Seriously.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Malconvoker said:
Sex is something I don't want.

Quick sketch of me: Female, 21, Asexual

There has never been a scenario where I have ever considered sex. It is something I see as a disgusting act that I would never willingly participate in.
I was honestly not expecting someone to share my position, least of all on the first page. Hell, change it to Male and 24, and this post may as well have come from me! :p

Basically, people can do what they want, as long as they don't do it to me. If someone wants to save themselves, then good for them. Likewise for anyone who does it whenever.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Not sacred, but I wouldn't do it with someone I don't trust. And unfortunately, I have trust issues, hence foreveralone.jpg

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
It's just a thing you do every now and then. One of the nicer things, but not worthy of elevating to some arbitrary status.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Honestly, sex has always been better with someone I was really close too.

Casual sex is fun and all, but not much more fulfilling than masturbation.

So do I think sex is sacred? No.

But I do believe that it is something better shared with someone you really love.

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
Yes sex is sacred to me...Mainly because I get it rarely!

But really it's just about having fun, now that fun can feel quite nice with 'deep feeling' connected to it but I can't say I have had an experience with a guy that made me think "wow, this is actually really special, I feel really 'connected' to him"...But I suppose that could change.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Bran1470 said:
I'm 17 and still a virgin not because I'm ugly (I'm fairly good looking)and not because i cant get girls.
...this is sounding like a suspiciously specific denial, but I'll read on.

Bran1470 said:
I have also been laying in bed naked with a girl about to do the dead
I don't think I've seen a Freudian slip that bad in a long time.

Bran1470 said:
but i feel like i should save it so i can experience my first time with someone i really care for and means something to me. Also it drives girls crazy when i tell them i dont want to have sex with them because they aren't special enough :D
...I see.

So your gift to 'that special someone' will be a short, clumsy, and ultimately unsatisfying bedroom romp? Not a great plan if you want them to keep being 'that special someone.'

Bran1470 said:
I'm sorry i should of explained that allow me to rephrase myself...

OK, have you ever been with a guy that you liked and cared for so much that you are whiling to do anything for them? So you try to have sex with him because you care so dearly for him; then you try to seduce him but in the end he just say's no to you because your not good enough?

I don't know about you but if that happened to me i would heart broken.
Ohh, that explains it. You're a good-looking gay bloke. Jesus, man, why didn't you just say so from the start?

Bran1470 said:
i guess your one of those lucky women you think with their head and not with their hearts.

I do also agree with you on it being a dick move. But if the guy hasn't made a move and even showed the slightest interest in wanting to sleep with you why would you be surprised with him not wanting to?
Wait, what? You just said that you were in bed, naked, and then you decided to call it off. How does that relate to what you're saying now?