Poll: Its midnight and there's power outage. Its dark everywhere and no electricity. What would you do?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I would just wait for the power to come back on because, unless something actually fucked up the lines, the power is never out for more than a minute or two where I live.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Hmm no option to go to the car and use the power in that to power laptops etc cause that what i did in the great blackout of 2003.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Had two power outages over the course of one week not long ago while everyone else was away. For the first one I read The Talisman. For the second one I read The Talisman with a hatchet beside me because a house around the corner had been broken into and robbed the night before.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Listen to iPod, then go to sleep. Hey, battery powered things'll still work. Unless, you know, it's an EMP, in which case, sleeping might not be the smartest move.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
Pull out my battery powered stuff till the power comes back if my girlfriend isn't with me. If I'm lucky enough to have her with me, scrabble by candlelight

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
The two major blackouts I've been through, I've done my best to sleep through that point (which was difficult due to them happening in the middle of a heat wave).

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(;,,;)(\/)

Silly/skewed poll? It's midnight! Sleep! Use the opportunity to go to bed early, why not. Sod worrying about it in the morning: deal with it in the morning.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Comment on how weird it is that the power went out just as I was going to bed and continue on my way.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Power down my two CyberPower 1000AVR's, then go to sleep. Never did bother to learn if I could turn off that incessant beeping.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
"Go outside and take a look around to see what others are doing."
with a machete in my hand
who knows, maybe zombie apocalypse just started :D

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
this happened to my area about a month ago. i just went to sleep. but now that some of the other comments mention it, it would be the best opportunity to go stargazing. i'll keep that in mind for future reference.

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
I can't sleep if there's a power outage. I need the sounds of electricity humming to lull me to sleep. I'd probably call the power company to see what's wrong, then, if it doesn't come back on, go out driving for a while.

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
The electricity is gone so I enter a state of hibernation. I sleep until the power is back. Apparently i'm incapable of functioning without electricity, i think im a robot