Poll: James Wan To Produce Resident Evil Film Reboot

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
James Wan, director of Saw and The Conjuring will be attached to the Resident Evil film reboot as producer.

http://www.avclub.com/article/james-wan-produce-resident-evil-movie-reboot-255765

I haven't seen any of his movies but I do hear good things about him. So this might be good or at least better than the previous movies.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Resident Evil gets a reboot after 7 sequals but Warcraft won't get one sequal :(
If only Duncan Jones felt the need to show off how awesome his wife is.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Chimpzy said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Resident Evil gets a reboot after 7 sequals but Warcraft won't get one sequal :(
If only Duncan Jones felt the need to show off how awesome his wife is.
Bah I wanna see Thrall, Son of Durotan, and the greatest Warchief of his day!!

I wanna Arthas, Jaina, Uther, Illidan, Kael'thas, and Slyvanas and Varian Wrynn aswell :(

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Resident Evil gets a reboot after 7 sequels but Warcraft won't get one sequel :(
I didn't like the Warcraft movie, but I know how you feel. There are several franchises I love that don't get sequels, but crap I hate that do and don't deserve it.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Oh God, the Saw and Conjuring?! Oh well, I guess cheap date night for teenage boys trying to get to 2nd base when a girl screams and grips them when a thing happens is as good a death for Resident Evil as anything else.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Agent_Z said:
James Wan, director of Saw and The Conjuring will be attached to the Resident Evil film reboot as producer.

http://www.avclub.com/article/james-wan-produce-resident-evil-movie-reboot-255765

I haven't seen any of his movies but I do hear good things about him. So this might be good or at least better than the previous movies.
He's a great director and The Conjuring is a really good horror movie.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Natemans said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Resident Evil gets a reboot after 7 sequels but Warcraft won't get one sequel :(
I didn't like the Warcraft movie, but I know how you feel. There are several franchises I love that don't get sequels, but crap I hate that do and don't deserve it.
The Human actors were horribly miscast.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Natemans said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Human actors were horribly miscast.
Not just miscast. They were poorly written too. The only people I cared for is maybe one of the orcs. That's it. I was kinda bored too since it kept being too much focus on lore. I'm fine with lore, but I kinda need some interesting characters and a story to gripe me. Though some of the action was not bad.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I'm not much of a Saw fan, but Lights Out was pretty good. Also the Conjuring was fairly competent. I'd watch a Resident Evil reboot with James Wan involved. The worst they could do is slightly improve over the originals. Those movies have sucked.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
If the new movies were more in-line with the first few games and didn't feature a Mary Sue protagonist, I would actually be up for seeing them. It's not like Resident Evil doesn't have the potential to be a good horror film without all the coke-fueled, over-the-top action.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Five sequels, not seven - the live-action series only had six installments. And as for Warcraft...sshh...let it go...let it go...

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Five sequels, not seven - the live-action series only had six installments. And as for Warcraft...sshh...let it go...let it go...
Eh its not as painful of a loss compared to Power Rangers.

And they botched the lore by making Garona Warchief of Horde and not having the Siege of Stormwind happen at all.

Mar 26, 2008
Well he certainly couldn't do worse. James Wan is kind of king of the jump scare, so I'd expect them aplenty in a new RE movie. The RE games' stories have become almost a self parody, so it'd be interesting to see what line he took.

Vanilla ISIS

Dec 14, 2015
Wan knows how to make decent horror movies, it will definitely be better than the ones we got so far.

Samtemdo8 said:
Budget to profit ratio.
RE movies make a ton of money (last one made $312 million on a $40 million budget) while Warcraft barely broke even.

Wintermute said:
Yes and I don't care. 7 movies in 15 years and they're already planning to reboot the damn thing? Give it a rest.
The story (if you can call it that) was finally finished in the last movie and the game series is popular again so why not?