Poll: Just One Thing Wrong

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Danzorz said:
There is one missing.
Bad difficulty settings *Glares at Midnight Club*
*Glares harshly at Ninja Gaiden*
But I chose voice acting, I don't much care for the voices in games, I rarely pay attention to cutscenes as it is.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
JMeganSnow said:
Hmm--I'll grant that a bad plot can be ignored in some games, just not in the ones that I usually play. In games like Diablo the plot is actually kind of extraneous to the game. However, in RPG's it's not possible to ignore the plot in the slightest.
I predominantly play FPS... see, I'm kinda immune to bad stories after playing a few FPS.

BioBeast

Dec 30, 2007
Bad music.

The voice acting in Oblivion just ruined all NPC interactions. (Fallout 3 has issues with it too)

(Oblivion did have some good music but I would have traded it for better voice acting)

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Bad AI, it's funny watching the dumb things your enemies do like accidentally killing each other and getting stuck on walls.

Bad graphics came close as well, I don't need fancy-ass graphics to enjoy a game (Balloon Fight, Ocarina of Time, you get my point).

I was surprised at how many people said bad music and voices, they're two of the things I value most in a game, music and voices tend to pull me more into the story and set the mood for the entire game, I know it's not that important to the gameplay but if I'm playing a game that has terrible audio it distracts me A LOT from the rest of the game.

But hey, that's me speaking as a musician.

Sporadic

Sep 10, 2008
This is difficult, I mean, I'd say bad voice acting in most cases. I mean, it won't hurt the game much, but then, i would say bad plot for games like CS, now there is a win/win situation!

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Bad music, because that's the one thing I could actually turn off in Options. And then I could always play my own music over it. So really, I haven't lost anything.

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
Definitley bad voice acting, it's usually the least noticed for me, and I would never be able to stand bad music.

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
Bad AI for me. Honestly half of the reason I love the Star Wars Battlefront series is because ally AI is so bad that they don't kill anything which leaves more bad guys for you, and because it's really fun to manipulate them into tragically hilarious endings. My favorites are stacking soldiers on top of each other before hitting them with a grenade or making them walk in a single file line of a cliff.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Bad music for me - if its really that bad, you can mute the game and put some of your own on.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
JMeganSnow said:
Whoever picked "bad plot" needs to admit it so I can smack them.
I did.

My favourite gametypes are shmups and fighting games, which admittedly have no plots at all. Those that do try to have a plot have an extremely poor one. Like Gigawing 2. Or Radiant Silvergun that tries to pass itself off as an Adam and Eve plot. It fails spectacularly, of course.

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
I'm not criticizing, I just like smacking. But, yes, as I said above, if you play games that really don't need a plot, then having a bad plot isn't going to bother you.

Firzen777

Nov 15, 2008
Bad graphics. Yeah sure I miss out on all the extra lighting effects that blind you these days or the 'realism' brown tone overlay.