Poll: Kid Banned From Scoring For Being Too Awsome

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
If the kid wants to play, let him play, if he's besting everyone then you've found his talent. For fuck sake, if music was taken away from me I'd have gone and dealt a columbine.

Yeh, I went there.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I think it's kinda shitty that they force a limitation on him for being too damned good. Ah, well, kids' sports, what're you going to do?

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
As long as the kid is cool with it i dont see a problem. Its not an ideal ruling but the other kids need to be allowed to play.

Lets face it, this kid likely has an incredibly bright future ahead, i think he can probably live with being held back a little in the meantime

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
SacremPyrobolum said:
Well, if you are getting good grades you are not effecting anyone learning while if you are the only one with the ball during a game then you are keeping other, less experience players from catching up to you so the whole team is lesser for it.
Obviously you've never heard of the bell curve. I got into a lot of fights in school for screwing other kids grades because I skewed the bell curve. Don't know what I mean? Look up bell curve grading, I don't have the energy to devote to explaining it.
Suffice to say that because I tended to ace tests (100%) other kids grades got screwed u by the curve.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
genericusername64 said:
Tanakh said:
Wait, what? you mean teenagers have a stronger self esteem than kids!?
Yeah I do, a fifteen year old isn't gong to go home and cry himself to sleep because he lost.
How can you be sure? I recon some kids do, competitive kids. Hell, top of the top chefs sometimes commit suicide when they are beaten. How's that for self confidence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Loiseau
When you are in to something so immensely, being your job or hobby, and you get beaten in any way, while being very good at it, is hell I imagine.

Also, OT
The kid seems fine with it, and when he's in 7th grade he'll have no restrictions. He'll beat everyone then.

Ralphfromdk

Mar 26, 2009
Come on now America. Grow up. And let your kids grow up as well. Or they will be having a hard time when they are let loose into the real world where nothing is fair.

Also, Isn't this Communism? I thought Americans didn't like that sort of thing.

bbad89

Jan 1, 2011
Would love to remember that one short story where all the intelligent, athletic, and/or beautiful people have handicaps, but I can't.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008

"I warned you the parasites would do this"

Whelp, guess we better build a new utopia at the bottom of the ocean. Where the great are not constrained by the small.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Yeah I can see how that may make the other kids feel better.

"Well timmy, the only reason you and your friends weren't shamed on the pitch today is because they stopped the good player from running rings round you and making you look shit".

TheSmokingFox

Jul 12, 2011
It'd not nice, but from the point of view of the other kids i am kinda glad, it's not like they are gonna lose out not having this kid be able to score every time he gets the ball. anyway i think it's pretty galling when you entire tactic is "GET THE BALL TO HIM". not much fun anyway, but hey this is junior crap, the fact that he needs a handicap proves he has the talent to take this a hell of a long way.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
While this sounds kind of silly at first, this is going to hopefully stop him from 2 things, 1) He might not get such an inflated ego as to think he is better than everyone else ever. and 2) The other kids won't want to hurt him because they never get to play.

I think as long as this doesn't hinder his stats when in highschool and doesn't somehow prevent him from scholarships and college then by all means they should implement this rule

Edit: The title of the forum is very misleading as well, it should be something more like "Kid only allowed to score 3 times a game if his team is up by 14"

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Yeah, nice message they are sending to the kids in the other team: don't worry, boys, if you can't handle someone, we'll just handicap them so you have a fair chance. I would be secretly stoked to find out that they are pulling a dick move just for me, so it might be a confidence boost for the kid. Anyway, he's eleven, and he's got a long, long way to prove himself.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Reminds me of that kid who threw his baseballs a bit too fast for his age group or w/e so the opposite team wouldn't play his team if he participated so they made him stand out. Bunch of fuckwits.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
He's not being banned from playing. He's being told if he scored three touchdowns already, and they're already ahead by two to not do more. So please don't crush your enemies into dust, just mush them into pudding. And he's okay with it. It's like playing street fighter and giving one player a handicap, it's fine. and it's only until 7th grade, so as long as it doesn't matter.

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
ONE: They're really young

TWO: They're still guaranteed to win with him, it just gives the other kids a chance

THREE: By the time the rule gets enforced (14 point lead) they haven't limited the kid any, Spock take it from here:

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
Run Jimerson, Run!

I just think this is a bit silly, but I do think it's alright to "ban" him to level out the teams a bit.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
Give him a scholarship already. Solved.
Also,
Treblaine said:
Whelp, guess we better build a new utopia at the bottom of the ocean. Where the great are not constrained by the small.
DICK JOKES! FIRE AWAY!

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
That's the world we live in. If one kid is too badass, the other kids will cry, so the awesome kid gets taken out of the game so the others can "feel better." I feel like my grandpa...

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
The title of this thread sort of tickled me because of the different meaning of "score".

Anyways, this isn't too unusual. Sports at that age are for fun, and it sort of ruins it for the other kids when an ueberkind is crushing them. This isn't like a sports league in Middle or High school... it's just a little youth league. Most people who played in one as a kid can testify this might of happened to a player on their team.