Poll: Least favorite FF villan?

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Inspired by the "Kefka or Sephiroth" thread, who's your least favorite FF villan and why?

For me it would have to be Seymour from FF10. There are many parts of the game where he just feels tacked on for an extra fight (pretty much every time you encounter him after beating him in Bevelle). He's arrogant - alot of FF villans are - but he doesn't really have anything to back up his arrogance. Kefka becomes a god so feeling superior is kinda justified for him, Kuja starts off arrogant but that changes rapidly once he goes off the deep end. Most villans have some development and change as the story progresses while Seymour is a stagnent "I'm better and speaking in a monotone voice".

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I have played 6 through 13 and I cannot think of one I do not like. FF 9 is my favorite FF game and as much as I like Kuja as a bad guy he did look like a woman. I actually thought he was a woman for the first half of the game.

On a side note did anyone else take one look at Seymour the first time he appeared in 10 and just think " He is definitely a bad guy". He looked like a camp Sephiroth.

EDIT: Now I think about it. Necron. Just could not beat that guy. Always inflicting status effects that I could not protect against. I beat he eventually but it to0k about 15 go's. And that is the best time. Out of the 4 or 5 times I have completed 9.

I could never see why people say 3rd form Sephiroth was so difficult when it is so easy to get 3 ribbons on FF 7. Beat him in 4 minutes.

juliett_lima

May 12, 2009
Seymour. SEYMOUR. Not becuase he was a rubbish villian anyways, but because of that FREAKIN' fight on the mountaintop. That fight made me stop playing FFX.

EDIT: also, Necron - mainly because he was absent (not even mentioned) for 99% of the game. . .

and

Gizmo1990 said:
I have played 6 through 13 and I cannot think of one I do not like. FF 9 is my favorite FF game and as much as I like Kuja as a bad guy he did look like a woman. I actually thought he was a woman for the first half of the game.

On a side note did anyone else take one look at Seymour the first time he appeared in 10 and just think " He is definitely a bad guy". He looked like a camp Sephiroth.
yeah I still think he's a woman - there cannot be man-parts behind that thong. Makes you wonder about Zidane. . .

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
Another vote for Seymour I'm afraid. Not that he's totally crap, but he doesn't hold the same sort of menace as Kefka or Sephiroth does for me.

valleyshrew

Aug 4, 2010
VIII-XIII all have bad villains. Seymour isn't even the antagonist of FFX. Imo it's usually these sub ones that are a lot more memorable and better developed. Such as Ba'gamaan in FFXII and Cid in FFXIII. VII also had the turks, shinra and hojo who all together were a lot more memorable than sephiroth imo. VIII had Seifer and IX had Beatrice. Barthandalus and vayne were utterly forgettable. I would vote for kefka, just a stupid clown with very little depth and only a dozen lines in the whole game. He's about as good a villain as bowser or ganon, and I find that it's people who accept those as good villains who think kefka is also good (i.e. infantile simpletons).

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
None of those characters are in the Famous Five, the greatest series ever created ever...

(but I answered Kefka -- looks to stupid to be taken seriously as a baddie imo)

(and he wasn't even in Famous Five, the inconsiderate bastard)

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
As stupid as Necron was I have to say Seymour's ridiculous hair and terrible voice acting makes him the winner.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Well, Kefka has the single most awesome theme music. Sephiroth does have a certain coolness factor, especially at the first time you play. Ultimecia basically came right the fuck out of nowhere. Kuja is a fucking Super Saiyan so no complaints there. Seymour is so obviously evil that it's comical and he won't bloody die no matter how many times you kill him and he never lets you get to the real villain. My levels of hatred for XII and XIII are well documented that my bias against those games, and especially XIII's complete inability to tell a fucking story--

Actually, wait, that makes sense. XIII does have the worst villains because they never actually explain shit about their motives. Seriously, when Cid turns evil on you, I didn't even realise I was being betrayed or who that character was, because they had spent no time establishing his character. Why am I supposed to care I'm being betrayed by a guy who's had about three lines of dialogue and contributed nothing to the plot?

So yes, XIII has the worst, because they never took time to establish who they were, why I should care, or what was at stake, and they bored the hell out of me. At least FFVIII and FFX and FFXII and their villains managed to elicit the reaction of pissing me off at their annoyingness or the silliness of their plot at points.

ratebbbbb

Oct 8, 2010
Yu-Yaven, I mean think about it, he is supose to be this great Sin that kills everything and everyone, and yat the final battle with him was just lame and I was sad that after all the time I spent tring to finish the game ended up beating a bug-shaped-thing.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Seymour is pretty 'lol' and as far as I remember I one shot him with Shiva in his final incarnation. The guy was such an utter creeper aswell. /shudder.

Im afraid my vote goes to Kuja though becuase well... put some clothes on... really you will catch your death.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Knowing only Kefka and Sephiroth, I'm gonna say Kefka, because I don't like his laugh.
An Sephiroth throws meteors around and destroys the solar system just to get the player.
Which is awesome.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I have to say Ultimecia, for the sole reason that the character didn't, and still does not, make one lick of sense to me. I'm a guy that play Final Fantasy games primarily for their stories, so it's not that I wasn't paying attention... It's just that she kind of came completely out of left field. And just what were her motives, anyway? Time Compression? Uh, okay... Why? Just because? Weak.

starslasher

May 21, 2011
Okay, I'm most likely going to be in the minority here. But I think that Garland was way too one-dimensional. Sure, he's the first boss of the entire franchise, as well as being the first final-boss of the entire series. But didn't anyone else think that it was a big stretch for him to appear at the very end? Besides, he was a relatively easy final-boss. But then again, the quality of Final Fantasy (I) was very...rudimentary in retrospect, needless to say.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
juliett_lima said:
Seymour. SEYMOUR. Not becuase he was a rubbish villian anyways, but because of that FREAKIN' fight on the mountaintop. That fight made me stop playing FFX.
OH GOD. That was...I don't even...wh...
oh man. Bad, bad memories.

I gotta say, most disappointing villain is probably Yu Yevon.
Sigh.

But meh, all the others are pretty reasonable .

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
Why are people complaining about Necron? He isn't a villain he is a force of nature. Only acting because he was made to do so. And on the topic of FF9 Kuja was probably the best villain of the series aside from his choice of clothing.

My vote goes to Sephiroth being that he himself doesn't do all that much. He killed like what 30 people tops? The nameless Shinra president at the beginning was a better villain for being such a horrible greedy bastard.

Drunkbot

Nov 9, 2010
The emperor in 12. Actually, I disliked most everything in that game. The final boss form making me hear "Kaneda" screamed over and over in my head was just the icing on a cake made of ideas stolen from other media.

In my opinion, that was the worst Final Fantasy until the more recent release of 13. Definitely the worst one that I played all the way through.