Poll: Least favorite FF villan?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It comes as no surprise to me that Seymour is a prime pick in here. Let's see... He's a stuck-up asshole, he's a monster, he's an amoral pissant, and he's an Oedipus. (No, seriously. Killed his father and stuck to his mother Aeon like glue.) We also freakin' hate his penultimate battle as much as Yunalesca, and some people hate his final fight...though I regard everything from his speech leading up to the fight straight through to the execution of it as pathetic. (You can just use an Aeon or two the entire fight and NEVER LOSE.)

HOWEVER...

I reserve my vote for Ultimecia, who is simultaneously retarded, full of shit, and the giant space flea from nowhere. Ayyyup, it's time for FallouJack's rant about FF8 again. But don't worry, it's all contained in spoiler tags. I are considerate to the viewing public.

Right, so! Some of you who know me are already aware that I hate FF8. That's good, because I'm not going to get into the whole game for this particular rant. This is all just about the dumbest and cheapest sorceress ever. It starts with an understanding of the timey-wimey plot.

First of all, we never even hear about her until like...THE END, just about. Already, we've hit Necron and I'm not even worried about that guy. So, this sorceress hears some tale in her future world - where she is the absolute ruler and nobody can oppose her - that SeeD will destroy her. Hmmm...no members of that organization can exist, so how is that even possible? Gee...if they don't exist in this time, where all her opponents are dead, that means everything's fine, right? Well, not according to HER. No no, we have to go mess with time for some reason and compress time somehow in some weird-ass way, thereby alerting the main characters to the NOT-SO-SUBTLE threat from an outside source, a villain apparently from the future. This doesn't really make that much sense, but it boils down to this: Ultimecia is a moron because she caused her own stupid death.

Oh yes, she would've been fine if she left well enough alone, no problems whatsoever. If you can't be satisfied with a world you control without opposition, there's no helping you. So, you know why the obscureness and the stupidity. Let's get down to the fighting aspect of hatred. Oh, this is great[/i] freakin' BAD. We all know how these battles go. Ultimecia lashes out with spell after spell - because she's a sorceress, natch - and then once you apparently beat her, she summons the Giant Space Lion From Nowhere, Greiver, who proceeds to pick up where she left off. The thing that gets me is that after they're both taken care of, they should be POOPED! Finished, ended, no health or mana, DONE! It doesn't end...

Why doesn't it end?! Trying to top Sephiroth is not a good enough reason for extra forms! At least Yunalesca has justification for being a REALLY OLD FIEND! So, the evil Guardian Force and the sorceress join into one being, which is apparently impossible for everybody else in the world, these things having been around a long F-ing time. And you beat that down until...Explosion Day! Ulti-Greiver explodes! There shouldn't be anything mo- OH, WHAT THE FUCK, MATE?! Another form, one without a face? Bullshit! There should not be a sorceress here, let alone at full power. Completely impossible. I don't buy it. They pull this on you and they give her way too much HP than a glass cannon like her deserves in ALL her forms and somehow this was suppose to be your great ultimate final boss.

Right, and like Ultimecia is a catchy name, right? WRONG! What were they on here?"

ineedscissors

Oct 24, 2009
What's his face from FF13. Say what you want about these guys, but at least they had personalities for God's sake.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Definitely other.
So yeah, Seymour was a dick and Kuja is just ugh, Leblanc from FFX-2 is my least favorite. She's just...I wanna puke type of bad. I mean is she even considered a villain,
seeing as she eventually turns good
?
But if I had to pick from the list, I'd say Kuja. Yep.

Saxm13

Feb 22, 2010
Bartandolous or what ever his name is from Final Fantasy XIII.

-painfully long boss fights

-spends the entire game gloating at you

-he looks like the pope....

-stupid looking transformation (art design isn't really my cup of tea)

-looped music drives me insane on account of it being to short

Overall, great game though.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
blakfayt said:
Ok, I've only played 1-4 and 7-10, but having played Dissidia, I must say FUCKING KEFKA THAT GOD DAMN CLOWNED UP MOTHERF**KING MAGIC CASTING A-HOLE! His voice, his actions, his movement, they all PISS ME OFF! ...and then in his death scene in 012 the bastard makes me cry, showing me that if I was just a LITTLE more insane, he would be me. So fuck him, there can only be one me, and that's me!
If you're going by FF Dissidia, Kefka is my 3rd. Jecht is second because of Tidus' story was a *****. But leading them is Ultimecia... especially in Duodecim. Her bravery attack that she always uses prevent me from trying my close combat tactics, forcing me to rely on range abilities when I focus on close range combat. In the original games though, Seymour because of his last fight you have with him was impossible for me, I tried it over 50 times in over 4 different parts of my life, coming back to it months or years later just to get stuck there again.

Hilton Collins

May 2, 2011
Jesus, I am such a comic book nerd. When I saw the letters "FF" I immediately thought of the Fantastic Four. And it's hard to think of a least favorite Final Fantasy villain, or any of them, because the heroes are the ones that I remember most strongly.