Poll: Magic the gathering. What color do you prefer?

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Black and Red.
I can hold beat an opponent down with brute force while building up a massive strike that ends things

HeWhoFletches

Jun 4, 2011
I generally used a white deck but that was mainly because I preferred creature themed decks and I had a particular fondness for soldiers. Then again, I haven't played much since the Mirrodin block so maybe I would prefer something else if I got into it again. Outside of a creature theme I like white/green or white/red splits.

GuideBot

Feb 25, 2010
Only very rarely will I play a mono-color deck, but when I do it'll either be blue or white.

I usually play blue/white =). Control FTW

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer blue black, partially because it's the colour of Tzeentch, but also because it's the colours who's philosophy I feel most attuned to.

Gametek

May 20, 2011
I like to use more than one deck. All of them are mono color, and range in the red/black/blue. I like to change playstile and strategy, as Using everytime the same card turn out boring to me.

The strategy of my deck are:

Black, a deck based on a "swarm" style, full of little and fast played monster easily powered up with a lot of +1/+1 to turn them into an horde of resurrectable monster

Red, a deck full of magic that directly inflict damage, big monster, and way to produce high quantity of red mana. Kind of a powerhouse deck.

Blue, based on the old dark steel season... I;m giving it only some little change over time... But the core strategy is still rounded on my platinum angel [love him]

evilstonermonkey

Oct 26, 2009
I always prefer the 'bad guy' in games, so when I first started I bought a black undead-based starter deck. I have tried pretty much every combination available, and I still always come back to black. I am currently running a black vampire deck that consistently does very well and a black-red deck that I haven't gotten to use much yet but is seeming promising.

Gametek

May 20, 2011
Summerstorm said:
Uni-color is WEAK. My old deck (haven't played for while now, sadly) was a: Green dominant, red enhanced deck; 120 Card-behemoth. Speciality: Sniping out dangerous foes with red while building INSANE monsters.
Absolutely NO. A uni-color is really better at managing mana. A bicolor deck have a lot of problem to build the mana pull fast enough to stop a swarm, or to stop a stasis deck, or any fast-peace deck. The only exception to this rule, IMO, is my elemental fire deck, where I have my deck composed of green powerhouse, blue stasier, and a hell of red damaging spell. Only because my main card is able to change color and produce mana.

For a bi-color, this is possible, but I burn myself a lot of turn waiting for the mana, that I could use to attack my opponent.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I don't play much, but I tend to prefer using either red/black creature spam or just straight red burn. I haven't actually played a game of magic in years though.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
I can never choose. At the moment I've really gotten into white/green, black/green decks. The New Phrexia whites are just awesome:

Very delving deep into 'White is not Good' territory. And the design of the new whites is fantastic. Sleek curves and blood. :3

Murtdragon

Apr 5, 2010
I used a mix of green and red, I picked enough of the "cheap" red "burn enemy Life" cards and enough green to get enough creatures out to block creature attacks. I never really played to seriously.

My friend used a mix of white and black, with a lot of black mutual damage cards and white healing effect cards. Was devastating, but I did manage to get a few quick wins in.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Zhukov said:
I don't play any more, but back in the day I was a big fan of Blue.

"I play my awesome creature of awesomeness."
"Countered."

"I target your wizard with shock."
"Redirected."

"I use my extremely expensive enchantment to..."
"Bounced."
Posts like this make me think I play the game wrong (back when I played, anyway). My preferred blue deck - an all-wizard tribal deck - admittedly had some countering as a stall tactic. Oh, and some bouncing too. Like I said, though, it's all stalling for a decidedly un-blue finisher: one-shotting my opponent with a giant flying and occasionally unblockable wizard. Generally no less than 30/30.

Like I said, doing it wrong. Personally, though, I prefer playing white/black or green/black. That said, I tend to play with combo decks, which means colours take a back seat to whatever I need to achieve.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
GREEN! because I love the creatures. Wurms are my favorite creatures in magic. get a Liege of the Tangle in that with overwhelming stampede and... by best combo dealt 240 something damage (trample) in a single turn.

I LOVE green decks.

(second best is blue. I love Merfolk. Plus blue is the "fuck you" color. "Oh, you wanna play a spell? Fuck you, and every monster you play. BACK TO YOUR HAND WITH YOU!")

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I play multiple decks of each color, and couldn't imagine picking only 1.

Gut reaction says white though, since it has the best weenies and sweepers. Allowing it to dominate in early game, or control builds.

Blue by itself is quite weak since counters nowadays blow, and it has always had horrid creatures. It really only works as a splash color, aside from extreme legacy builds.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
My preferred color is blue but I usually play split color decks. I love the flexibility blue adds to any other color by way of countermagic specifically.