Poll: Male Self-Image.

Vale

May 1, 2013
Nah. I really hate the entirety of my physical (and otherwise) existence in general.
Literally the only positive feature I can think of is the bright green eyes (because for some reason I think those are attractive), but mine have horribly scarred-looking irises (literally, they look like they were partially burned away or something) and droopy, somewhat inflamed eyelids so even that is more disturbing than anything.
Sigh.
Well, the life of a monk truly is for me.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Sort of. I'd be one sexy son of a ***** if it wasn't for the fact that my skin is absolute crap.

Unfortunately the sun really does a number on my skin. It's always dry, and being in the sun for long periods of time causes me to get moles. Considering I live in southern California, not being in the sun isn't exactly an option.

So while I'm tall, muscular, lean, with thick head of hair and good bone structure, the fact that my skin is just awful really kind of ruins it.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
No I don't like my own looks, my right side is weak because of brain damage I got from a fight, the weakness has shifted my spine and caused my posture to get ruined. My skin on my neck and chest is scarred from a infection I got as a teen, it basically ate the layers of skin away leaving white spots.

I hate what my body is at the moment. It used to be in shape, I respected and took care of it, but then it gave up on me, I hate it for that. I will never forgive it.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
I wish my beard would come in all the way in the middle of my chin, but, aside from that, I'm perfectly happy with how I look.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Yes. Sure there are a fee things that I'm not entirely happy with, but overall I wouldn't want to change almost anything about how I look.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Sort of. From most people's perspective I should probably be answering 'Definitely yes' but because I know what I could do with a better food budget (see also: healthier) and membership to an actual gym (as opposed to improvising) I chose to go with 'Sort of'.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
No not really. There are plenty of things I'd change about myself. I wish I had a skinnier build, a bit taller, better jawline, straight hair. Basically everything

Billy D Williams

Jul 8, 2013
Nope, but that's cause I still got a few more pounds till I get my abs :p

Not even joking about that. I seriously just can't be satisfied without them... and I'm sooooo close!

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Billy D Williams said:
Nope, but that's cause I still got a few more pounds till I get my abs :p

Not even joking about that. I seriously just can't be satisfied without them... and I'm sooooo close!
Basically this. Fucking human body, holding on to fat during the winter. I don't care if it's -3 degrees Fahrenheit outside at noon, I want my goddamn abs!

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Definitely Yes for me. I'm in great shape, I like my face enough. My hair is glorious, if a bit hard to style. I won't claim to be super handsome, but I'm very happy with my overall appearance.

My only problem with my appearance is having bi-polar acne on my face. Sometimes is calms down and doesn't look too bad, and other times I should be called pizza face. It sucks to know I had no acne problems in high school, and BAM! I get to college and my body decided I can't look too good. :/

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
I'm somewhat narcissistic in nature, so yes I definitely think I look good.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
I voted "Sort of". I've dropped over 20kg during the last couple of years, so I'm more comfortable about my image and undeniably better looking than ever.

However... I badly need style. I've never had a clue what to do with my hair for one, I'd like to do the handsome parted hair look but I can't pull it off. I'm comfortable wearing tighter clothes now which is good but I still have no fashion sense. And I've got really pale skin and probably bad posture.

So I'm happier than ever about my body, but not satisfied yet with my image and presentation. So I'm "sort of" happy. At least I still have the broad shoulders going for me thanks to how active I was as a kid.

Byte2222

Jul 2, 2012
I like studies. Don't forget you're going to have a sampling bias if you just use data from the Escapist.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
On the outside I'm big, fast, smart, and mean.
On the inside I'm bigger, faster, smarter, and - indeed - a bit meaner too.

Definitely yes.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I'm pretty much ok with myself.
While I don't and can't flaunt this imperfect body of mine, my face is quite unusual in some nice ways and it really lends itself well to the big cheesy grins I'm so fond of making. Even though I love all of this about myself I still try to improve myself at every opportunity as I know I could be in better shape and I could take better care of myself I just need to learn how.

For me to have total confidence in my looks I'd have to;
lose 15kg of fat and replace it with muscle,
go into the sun more often and stop being so pale
and get the tattoo I want done once I lose that excess fat.

So to sum thing up "Sort of"
[sub][sub]Also my hair is fabulous.[/sub][/sub]

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Whether I look good to others is irrelevant to myself, that I am satisfied with my appearance is all that matters to me, and I am quite proud of my silky over-shoulder-length hair and soft trimmed beard, that 'ye very much.

I used to be really dissatisfied with my appearance, being that the common opinion is that a handsome man is a man with short hair and a bald face, but then I realized that opinion is created by all the fake d-bags in the media and yuppies, I am neither, thus I shouldn't be ashamed that I ain't a pretty boy, so I ain't.

All that aside, I tend to stand out in a crowd where ever I go due to my appearance, and not in a "Ew, what a neck beard/troll/hipster" way either, so that could be argued to be a good thing, depending on who you ask.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
sort of. i could do with losing a stone, maybe 2. or just gaining a few inches in height to offset it. i don't think i'm growing anymore though... best get the ice cream to comfort myself

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I'm short, thin, scruffy, pale and ginger. No, I'm not too happy.

People aren't repulsed by my face, though. I have been kissed on it, but only by men.

I suppose I'm lucky in another way. I got really bad sunburn on my nose one summer, and it killed the ability to form freckles on my nose. I don't have a very freckled face in general. Thank god. I hate freckles...