Poll: Male Self-Image.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Nope, my body is a bit weird in that I got really muscly and thick legs (you don't want to get one of my kicks!) but averagely built arms giving me an inverse V shape (as opposed to the classic V shape a good looking guy with broad shoulders and big arms is meant to have) so will therefore automatically look less attractive body shape wise if you put me in same clothes as other dudes.

Billy D Williams

Jul 8, 2013
Dethenger said:
Billy D Williams said:
Nope, but that's cause I still got a few more pounds till I get my abs :p

Not even joking about that. I seriously just can't be satisfied without them... and I'm sooooo close!
Basically this. Fucking human body, holding on to fat during the winter. I don't care if it's -3 degrees Fahrenheit outside at noon, I want my goddamn abs!
Well its not so much that I lost them and need them back, I've just lost like 40 pounds in 7 months and I'm like 4 away from abs XP

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Billy D Williams said:
Dethenger said:
Billy D Williams said:
Nope, but that's cause I still got a few more pounds till I get my abs :p

Not even joking about that. I seriously just can't be satisfied without them... and I'm sooooo close!
Basically this. Fucking human body, holding on to fat during the winter. I don't care if it's -3 degrees Fahrenheit outside at noon, I want my goddamn abs!
Well its not so much that I lost them and need them back, I've just lost like 40 pounds in 7 months and I'm like 4 away from abs XP
More or less the same here, it's just that I made so much progress during the summer, I was this close. It got to the point where I could see them sometimes when I was doing cardio, just not otherwise. But then fall swung around, and now it's just getting colder and colder. I'm still pretty lean, but I have gained a little weight, and when it gets too cold, I won't even be able to go to the park to work out any more. Fall and winter are my favourite seasons, but as far as that goes, I can't wait for summer.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
I have a lot of problems with the way I look. Lack of self confidence mostly. I feel I'm way too skinny (6ft 3 and only 10 stone). Though I'm going to the gym now so maybe it'll change.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
It varies. Sometimes I think look pretty good and then other days I think "only my mother could love this face".

But it's generally a "sort of okay" look.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
My face is something like those portrayed as giants or brutes in movies. Not ugly but not glamorous.

That being said had I been born when natural size and strength were the important traits being I'm over two meters tall.. well dating would have been much simpler. Kind of sucks. Babies cry after looking at me a few seconds, I'm just naturally intimidating :(

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
No... Not one bit.

I'm an ugly, fat blighter with a face that even one's mother couldn't love.

I hate myself so much...

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
A self-image? Don't have one of those. But I do have a functional pair of testicles. Do those count?

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I've been told on a number of occasions that I have long and pretty eyelashes, but I'm a guy so... Sort of?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I wish my hair was black and my cheeks were a little more gaunt but I am otherwise satisfied.

diligentscribbler

Oct 22, 2013
I hear I am a bit handsome-ish.

but i definitely fall more in a 1950s-60s opinion of an aesthetically pleasing male like Errol Flynn or Clark Gable (I've started dressing to accentuate since it was pointed out to me)

tall thin and toned with dark hair a prominent nose and a defined jaw, and no matter what i wear or how i wear i have that "so you slept in those clothes" sort of look (seriously what the fuck iron?).

i kinda like it, except thee days i wish i was Robert Plant, he is a paragon of manhood.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
No, not really. Never have. Though I'm working at getting fitter, so at least I'm getting healthy.

m0ng00se

May 5, 2005
although i think i look alright (nothing terribly right with my face but there's only a couple things wrong), women seem to think i look /fantastic/

since i can't see my own face most of the time i just take their word for it

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Not really no. I am skinny and incredibly pale. I hate my hair too, if I let it grow to a decent length (like it is now) it gets these weird little curls and flicks (e.g. my sideburns) which I can't stand!

If I got a haircut (which I will after my exams are done) and started exercising again I'd probably feel better about my image.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I'm a huge burly viking dude, that's cool.
Otherwise I look pretty good, except that I'm a whole lot balder than I'd prefer....

Still, I've elected to go with the "Fuck it, it is what it is, and I can't change it. Accept it and move on." method.
Given the obscene rate of scientific advancements that have been snowballing in the last year and a half, it's possible that that may actually be entirely and easily fixable very soon too, so double whatevs.

Paradoxically, I've derived ridiculous confidence from that.
Once you accept your most obvious flaw and stop letting it bug you, you suddenly become far less bothered by everything else.
That confidence works miracles.
*shrug*

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
Sort of. I'm feeling a bit too scrawny right now. Money has been tight so I'm eating like a normal person, so I can't keep any weight on.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
"Sort of"
I'm pretty much OK of how I look on an everyday basis. There's only this only little thing that doesn't let me be Narcissus himself and kiss myself in the mirror.

I hate my facial hair. It gives me a dirty look. Shaving doesn't really help cause that only lasts for one day and you can already see the 'shadow' of it growing on the next morning...

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
I can say: I like myself! My nose is a huge boulder and my eyebrows could eat me if I don't keep them tamed, I have rings of tiredness underneath my eyes and I look really dumb whenever I grin hard enough to show teeth. But all in all, I look good, somewhere between "a bit handsome" and "a bit cute". I've come to terms with the fact that I don't look particularly masculine, especially since I have the waist-curve of a female supermodel.