Poll: Mass Effect 2: Tali or Jack

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
If the Quarians had any technological breakthroughs, they certainly didn't have anything to do with immune-system boosting.
But but but...

And the Quarian marine who get shots once ends up being sick for a week. Despite having combat sealants and a massive amount of anti-biotics, a small infection still incapacitates him for an entire week.
Perhaps a bullet in a warzone is more dangerous than a decontaminated Shepard on a spaceship?

Awake-

Jun 7, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
How about you go for neither? Frankly I hate both of them. Though I guess that's just my opinion, but hey you asked for it.

You should pick the one that you want. Just keep in mind that Tali is a Quarian, and as such having sex with her will probably have repercussions at some point in the third game. Oh and it's inter-species, you have no idea what she looks like, it's fucking creepy etc. At least that's what I think. The only consequences of having sex with Jack are.....well you had sex with Jack. What the hell is wrong with you?

You could also romance with Miranda or Kelly (I think).

WayOutThere said:
You can have a romantic relation with Tali? How does that work with her enviornmental suit and weak immune system and all? Nevermind, I'll find out on my own.
Well if you care about the game's plot then prepare to be disappointed.

Yurimistress said:
Oh and for everyone crying bloody murder to the fact that Tali can boost her immune system for a short while so that she CAN engage in a physical relationship with Shepard just get over it already. It isn't your game and the developers can change whatever the hell they want. Besides, Shepard was gone for two years, who knows what technological breakthroughs were made.
I'm not going to get over it. I think it's ridiculous that BioWare did this just for fanservice. I believe that romances in video games have never been done correctly, and when BioWare just hastily throws them together like this it's not convincing me otherwise. It's just wasted story potential.

And the Quarian marine who get shots once ends up being sick for a week. Despite having combat sealants and a massive amount of anti-biotics, a small infection still incapacitates him for an entire week. If the Quarians had any technological breakthroughs, they certainly didn't have anything to do with immune-system boosting.
I'm loving this post.

Miranda seems to the only sane female romance choice in ME2.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
DJmagma said:
and so the most one sided thread ever begins.
And so a pointless thread begins.

Well I guess I find it kind of pointless. Picking between two virtual relationships isn't really all that important or hard. AS A MATTER OF FAC- . . . I should stop. I'm sounding like a dick.

Awake-

Jun 7, 2010
DJmagma said:
and so the most one sided thread ever begins.
Actually the most one-sided poll I've ever seen is one about who do you think is the better warlord for the Urdnot clan, Wreav or Wrex. See yourself : http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.194519-Poll-Who-makes-a-better-leader-for-Clan-Urdnot#6203371 .

Connor Lonske said:
Bullsquid said:
I'm just wondering how a female Shepard could do it with Garrus. Imagining the details is making my skin crawl.
Dear god, I did not even know that was possible in the game. I think I am going to be sick.
"Do not... *cough* ..ingest.".

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
zombiejoe said:
In an other thread a little while back, I asked which girl I should get with for Mass Effect, Tali or Laira. But apprently, you could not get to Tali in the first game. But now the second game is out, and I think I am reaching the end of the story. So I have come down with two possable choices, Jack and Tali. Tali was from the first game and I was thinking about getting with her. But Jack has that kick ass personality, and I have grown a connection with her. So, which girl should I pick? Please no spoilers.

EDIT: I was thinking about getting with Tali in the first game, but it seems so close near the game, and I spent more time with Jack

EDIT: OR SHOULD I...
Should I talk to both of them and see if I get a choice in the end.
Well for Jack it depends on if you're playing Paragon or Renegade. If Paragon, you basically calm her down and heal the broken bird, while I think(not entirely sure, going off assumptions) if Renegade you're helping her become more destructive.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Danny Ocean said:
Internet Kraken said:
If the Quarians had any technological breakthroughs, they certainly didn't have anything to do with immune-system boosting.
But but but...

And the Quarian marine who get shots once ends up being sick for a week. Despite having combat sealants and a massive amount of anti-biotics, a small infection still incapacitates him for an entire week.
Perhaps a bullet in a warzone is more dangerous than a decontaminated Shepard on a spaceship?
The bullet isn't what caused the problem though. The tiny hole created in his suit because of the bullet wound that exposed him to infection was the issue. If it weren't for Quarian immune systems being nonexistent, he wouldn't have been down for an entire week. So to a Quarian, the resulting infection is more dangerous than whatever damage the bullet itself causes.

So yes, Tali having sex with Shepard is stupid since that leaves Tali completely exposed. The Normandy is not a sterile environment, so the whole thing doesn't make sense. I wouldn't be so opposed to this romance if it was a blatant violation of lore established in both games. They could have made it far more interesting if it had to be a platonic relationship, but instead the writers took the easy route.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
The bullet isn't what caused the problem though. The tiny hole created in his suit because of the bullet wound that exposed him to infection was the issue. If it weren't for Quarian immune systems being nonexistent, he wouldn't have been down for an entire week. So to a Quarian, the resulting infection is more dangerous than whatever damage the bullet itself causes.

So yes, Tali having sex with Shepard is stupid since that leaves Tali completely exposed. The Normandy is not a sterile environment, so the whole thing doesn't make sense. I wouldn't be so opposed to this romance if it was a blatant violation of lore established in both games. They could have made it far more interesting if it had to be a platonic relationship, but instead the writers took the easy route.
I'm thinking that Quarians have vaccines. It'd make sense to vaccinate against other species' just being in contact with them, no? They do have immune systems, they're just weak.

And don't you go through the decontamination chamber every time you enter the ship? Surely that would make it sterile?

Besides, we don't see them having sex, just making out. It's not that a big a deal. =P

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Danny Ocean said:
Internet Kraken said:

I'm thinking that Quarians have vaccines. It'd make sense to vaccinate against other species' just being in contact with them, no? They do have immune systems, they're just weak.

And don't you go through the decontamination chamber every time you enter the ship? Surely that would make it sterile?

Besides, we don't see them having sex, just making out. It's not that a big a deal. =P
Why would the Quarians, a species that has been isolated from the rest of the galaxy for 300 years, have vaccines specifically designed for the purpose of curing diseases transmitted by other species? Romance with other species is definitely not something I would see the Quarian government promoting. This seems a like a very niche group to be developing incredibly advanced vaccines for. Plus if the Quarians could produce magical cure-all vaccines, their suits being ruptured would not be an issue.

And yes the ship has limited decontamination, but it's not perfect. And it is said that the Normandy is not a completley sterile environment. Plus that wouldn't rid you of all the germs crawling around inside your body. And when you make out there is enough exchange of body fluids to cause problems.

Nothing anyone says can convince me this wasn't a poorly written romance since the writers evidently can't come up with a romance that doesn't end in sex. It screws with lore while providing no good explanation for it, but we're just supposed to accept that for the sake of Quarian tits. It pisses me off when writers butcher their own work for this kind of crap. I was worried about them doing that in Mass Effect 2 when I heard about the Tali romance, and that's exactly what they did.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
Hiphophippo said:
I went with Jack as a Paragon myself. We worked through her demons. I'm a badass.
High five, me too! The number of people who dismiss her out of hand infuriates me. I mean, why should every squad mate be as friendly and pleasant as possible? Jack seems to think for herself far more than Tali does. Plus she has my favourite line in the game:

*To Commander Shepard*
Jack: Shit, you sound like a pussy.

I just congratulated someone over the internet for romancing a virtual character. I think I hate myself even more now.
We're the coolest. Fact: I prefer a chick who's a little crazy and a lot of intense.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I actually didn't go with either, I chose to stick with Ashley from Mass Effect 1. I liked her tough attitude and flirty chemistry with Shepard and it seemed like the plot was better suited to her than anyone else. From my view anyway.

That said, if I had to pick it would be kind of difficult because on the one hand Tali is quite sweet and likeable but on the other hand Jack has a tragic backstory and long lasting sad life and above all else just needed someone to show that they loved her.
So it's hard to choose but part of me reckons, if I had made the choice at all of course, that I would go with Jack. Because her romance subplot was probably the one with the most real emotion, especially in the last scene (at least according to clips I saw off youtube).

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
I believe that romances in video games have never been done correctly, and when BioWare just hastily throws them together like this it's not convincing me otherwise. It's just wasted story potential.
Never? You, my friend, should play Half-life 2 and its episodes.