Poll: Mass Effect 3 Rage!!!!

Karathos

May 10, 2009
I've made up a new forum game. Without using any "find posts by user X" functions such as checking his profile - try to find threads you're 100% certain Zeel has raged and/or insulted someone in.

If you pick one and he HASN'T been in there, the counter starts over. I'm going strong at four atm!

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
I'm happy that I'll never see Ashley once in ME3, so her new model doesn't bug me in the slightest. However, anything would beat having to look at Miranda's ugly mug again.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Karathos said:
I've made up a new forum game. Without using any "find posts by user X" functions such as checking his profile - try to find threads you're 100% certain Zeel has raged and/or insulted someone in.

If you pick one and he HASN'T been in there, the counter starts over. I'm going strong at four atm!
I'd play if I wasn't in the middle of playing The Old Republic.

OH NOES HE'S GONNA CALL ME A FANBOY BECAUSE I ENJOY A GAME MADE BY BIOWARE

SOMEBODY SAVE ME

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
My gripe is that Ashley is back in the first place. She was a total ***** to you in ME2 and she was highly unlikable in the first. Other than that though when the 6th comes my life is gone.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
Karathos said:

I'd play if I wasn't in the middle of playing The Old Republic.

OH NOES HE'S GONNA CALL ME A FANBOY BECAUSE I ENJOY A GAME MADE BY BIOWARE

SOMEBODY SAVE ME
Goddamnit, I picked the "Mass Effect fans rip book to shreds" news story and he hadn't been in there to call anyone a rampaging fanboy.

Oh well, four in a row wasn't bad.

And yeah, careful. You're not allowed to enjoy things Our Great Leader Comrade Chairman Zeel does not enjoy. It's called free will and it's overrated.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Zydrate said:
Of all things, I don't like the spike in difficulty. I play games for story and experience, not to get my ass kicked.
I quite enjoyed the extra challenge but I imagine there'll be an easy mode for those who just want to enjoy it for the story - I think they said that Normal in ME3 was the same as Hardcore from ME2.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Not really, in all honesty. The demo seemed perfectly playable to me, and nothing about the story has alarm bells ringing.

You have to understand, story is normally my primary concern when it comes to games. I love the ME series for its story first and foremost; the fact that I enjoy the gameplay is just a pleasant bonus.

So yeah, nothing too upsetting here. James Vega doesn't concern me too much, at worst he'll be nondescript like Jacob. The showdown has me interested, the return of old characters has me excited, and I find the story-linked multiplayer an intriguing concept; awesome if it works out, ignored if it doesn't.

So yeah. All in all, pretty stoked for two weeks to hurry up and get out of the way.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
MiracleOfSound said:
Zydrate said:
Of all things, I don't like the spike in difficulty. I play games for story and experience, not to get my ass kicked.
I quite enjoyed the extra challenge but I imagine there'll be an easy mode for those who just want to enjoy it for the story - I think they said that Normal in ME3 was the same as Hardcore from ME2.
i though it was the new veteran

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
boag said:
Eddie the head said:
jibjab963 said:
Zydrate said:

Easily one of the more minor issues.
Wait. You thought the single player demo for ME3 was hard?
Well difficulty is subjective but, I will say in ME2 having never played a cover based shooting game I played on the hardest difficulty and I didn't fined it that hard. So I am all for an increase in difficulty.
well the Ai isnt a dumb bag of bricks that screams ENEMIES EVERYWHERE anymore, thats for sure.

Fuckers are working together to kill your characters, flanking manuvres, cover fire, tactical formations. It took me a while to leanr how to deal with each group of enemies and work together with other people to counter their advances.
To be fair I didn't find my companion AI to be that much better. I remember taking I think Kasumi and Grunt all the time. Kasumi because she couldn't be shot half the time and Grunt because he didn't die.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Zeel said:
3) Now you're on dangerous territory my friend. Fanatic? FANATIC? I don't ever want to be compared to these holy bioware knights. THey exercise little thought and their completely content with Bioware reaming them.
And there I was thinking I only loved Mass Effect because it was a great game that made me feel awesome. Silly me, eh...

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i plan to play it but i'm not sure about the difficulty stuff since i am on veteran so i hope i don't have to change it or hit a brickwall

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
tony2077 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Zydrate said:
i though it was the new veteran
I believe you are right

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Don't like the new way Tech Armor works. It makes me concerned for the future viability of my old ME2 Sentinels.

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
M<span id= said:
Zeel said:
3) Now you're on dangerous territory my friend. Fanatic? FANATIC? I don't ever want to be compared to these holy bioware knights. THey exercise little thought and their completely content with Bioware reaming them.
And there I was thinking I only loved Mass Effect because it was a great game that made me feel awesome. Silly me, eh...
I was almost tempted to say "don't feed the troll", but he's just so fun when he's mad.

ps. Looking forward to the future adventures of Fwappy :D

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
My main complaints are thus:

1: The difficulty of getting a hold of a Collectors Edition that ISN'T already pre-ordered. DAMN THIS GAME FOR BEING SO POPULAR! Thankfully, I managed to last-minute pre-order one at Best Buy.

2: The fact that in multiplayer, getting a new character, a new gun, or an upgrade for a gun you already have is extremely hit-or-miss: You usually get either an upgrade for a class and race you already have, or one of the starting guns. But, I've heard that the retail version of multiplayer is going to have character and weapon packs, at least supposedly. If thats the case, awesome!

3: Not all classes in multiplayer were created equal. Yes, I know, some are very specialized, but some are clearly better than others. Not REALLY a bad thing, but for me, its just not fun playing as anything other than my Level 20 Quarian Engineer. Though, part of that is due to the fact that, well, shes a Quarian.

4: The changes of some weapons. Very minor complaint, don't get me wrong, but I remember the Mattock being more powerful, and a little more accurate. On the other hand, I also remember the Revenant being less accurate and more powerful. Still pretty damn fun to use one or the other though.

And lastly, 5: The fact that it hasn't come out yet. I seriously want to play this, and I want to play it NOW. March 6th can not come soon enough even if it was suddenly March 6th this very second, and I had the game in my hands at this very moment. Well, actually come to think of it, that might be soon enough, but you understand my anticipation and excitement regardless.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Oro44 said:
M<span id= said:
Zeel said:
I was almost tempted to say "don't feed the troll", but he's just so fun when he's mad.

It's true, he's like our own little pet beehive. We poke him and the bees fly out and try and sting us and call us fanboys.

Little to they realize they have no stingers and we don't give a fuck what they think.

Haha. Silly bees.

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
Oro44 said:
M<span id= said:
Zeel said:

It's true, he's like our own little pet beehive. We poke him and the bees fly out and try and sting us and call us fanboys.

Little to they realize they have no stingers and we don't give a fuck what they think.

Haha. Silly bees.
March 6, 2012: 1. Mass Effect 3 is released. 2. Zeel goes ballistic. Mark your calender!

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Wierdguy said:
pancakes vs waffles
Pancakes! Death to the square pancakes, they are the false ones, full of lies and untruths! They are the bringers of all ills and shall be destroyed by the power of the pure pancake!

Forgot where I was going with that.

Oh well I typed it out too late to delete it.

I have not played the demo but have seen it played. it makes me wonder how my sniper will play. It seems to have a focus on mid to close range combat. That may or may not be a negative change from ME2.

I fear I cannot say much until either I play the full game or at least watch a lets play of it. But I am curious of Ashley's new look and I wonder what other changes/ new characters will be less than stellar. All I need is wrex, tali, and garrus and I am set ( liara is a nice bonus).

It would be a kick in the teeth if the crew from ME1 and ME2 were not able to join you.

I fear I cannot claim any major issues at this time.

|Sith|Eldarion

Nov 14, 2011
Well, the dislikes of the demo, from Ashley's new look and the slightly dodgy animations, have already been covered, so I'll give something I liked, and how I might dislike it.

I liked how the guilt and stress of Shepard's career is reflected when he tries to help a young kid escape, and when you look back it was a figment of your imagination. Then, when you're about to leave, the hallucinations return to haunt you as take off. It's a nice bit of symbolism and fragmentation of reality that adds an aspect of character building, even if it's a mandatory bit that every shepard regardless of personality goes through. However, the blade is double-edged. If they follow this up with some more psychological hopelessness that interferes with reality and needs to be dealt with somehow that isn't pretentious, then it's the bit that could turn this from a good game into a great game. If it's just something they put in there to have a shocking moment, then it's going to be a stupidly out of place scene that we'd rather hadn't been thought up. I'm hoping that the former is the case, because Shepard has come across rather like Batman in the sense that both are completely competent and can handle anything thrown at them with nothing ever shaking them. Some sense of vulnerability and emotional weight would be a welcome addition.