Poll: mass effect: The council

Ryanrulez5

Nov 24, 2010
in mass effect remember the final decision where you choose to either help or abondon the council did any of you actually save them because i think everyone hates them and i really think this is gonna effect ME3 hugley.p.s who did you pick as the human ambassador

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I always save the council, even though they stand in Shepards way 80% percent of the time. Theyre only doing what they think is the safest course of action, and I believe that it will be a huge boon to have them all alive during ME3, a united galaxy should not be lead by just humans.

EDIT: Oh an Anderson as the human councilor, its important to have some new perspective in politics. And Udina is a douchebag too often for it to be waved as "doing whats best for humanity"

Sep 14, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:
I always save the council, even though they stand in Shepards way 80% percent of the time. Theyre only doing what they think is the safest course of action, and I believe that it will be a huge boon to have them all alive during ME3, a united galaxy should not be lead by just humans.

EDIT: Oh an Anderson as the human councilor, its important to have some new perspective in politics. And Udina is a douchebag too often for it to be waved as "doing whats best for humanity"
agreed on this.

letting them die only proves to them that humanity isn't worth having a position in the galactic council.

also i picked anderson, cuz like said, udine is a frickin douchebag, anderson actually had the best interest of humanity in mind when he was in office.

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
I'm going for my first playthrough here, which I did as a "what would I do run?" and ended council dead anderson.

My reasons. You are specifically told that saving the Acension will result in many casulties, possibly meaning not there will not be enough ships left to beat Sovereign. Under those circumstances the only logical choice is to let them die so everyone in the galaxy doesn't.

Yes I know that Shepard was always gonna win and after seeing both endings there is no real difference whether they live or die. I really think there should of been more difference depending on what happened.

Jan 27, 2011
I killed off the council and picked anderson.

...No wait, hear me out!

There was a reaper PLUGGED INTO THE CITADEL. Every second counted. I was NOT about to waste time saving a council that can be replaced (and was also pretty useless) when the Galaxy is on the line.

And as for picking the new human coucil person...!@#$ Udina. He was a moron and an ass. Anderson knew what had to be done, and was willing to get his hands dirty to do it.

EDIT: Although, I was pretty pissed when I found out that they replaced the council with only humans. That's a massive dick move, IMO.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
I always save the Council in the end, either on my Renegade or Paragon playthroughs.

Simply because, the Council is crucial towards the greater picture of a united galaxy in preparation to face the Reapers. The Council dying is essentially the greatest selfish act you can perform in that scenario, elevating humanity above everyone and everything else (mostly due to petty vengeance) in order to complete your objective and leaving the galaxy in a state of civil unrest. Which no less, is a pretty damning thing when the Reaper invasion actually does begin, and the Humans and Turians are still taking shots at each other at the expense of the greater picture.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
I have a save with each option, but if had to do it the way I would actually choose I would save them and choose Anderson.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
aegix drakan said:

...No wait, hear me out!

There was a reaper PLUGGED INTO THE CITADEL. Every second counted. I was NOT about to waste time saving a council that can be replaced (and was also pretty useless) when the Galaxy is on the line.

And as for picking the new human coucil person...!@#$ Udina. He was a moron and an ass. Anderson knew what had to be done, and was willing to get his hands dirty to do it.

EDIT: Although, I was pretty pissed when I found out that they replaced the council with only humans. That's a massive dick move, IMO.
This. Right down to the point where I learned about Humans taking over.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
aegix drakan said:

...No wait, hear me out!

I concurr i did the same thing . Plus they didn't believe me and were trying to discredit me . And eye for an eye , if they listened to me MAYBE they would have survived.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
I killed the Council, because there was a Reaper about to destroy all life on the galaxy, I didn't know the consequences so I just focused on attacking Sovereign. It was the only logical choice.

I thought i'd get a multicultural council with Anderson present, but I didn't, was a little disappointing.

ShadowsofHope said:
I always save the Council in the end, either on my Renegade or Paragon playthroughs.

Simply because, the Council is crucial towards the greater picture of a united galaxy in preparation to face the Reapers. The Council dying is essentially the greatest selfish act you can perform in that scenario, elevating humanity above everyone and everything else (mostly due to petty vengeance) in order to complete your objective and leaving the galaxy in a state of civil unrest. Which no less, is a pretty damning thing when the Reaper invasion actually does begin, and the Humans and Turians are still taking shots at each other at the expense of the greater picture.
I wouldn't say it's petty vengeance, sure I didn't like the Council but I was doing it to save the galaxy, you think in the moment. If Sovereign hadn't been defeated then there might not have been a galaxy to unite.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
I saved them and watching what happens when the council isn't saved thing in 2 reinforced that saving them was for the best. Anderson may not like the position but at least he will do a better job, since he's been on the other side so he know more then undina ever will.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
The council may be a bunch of assholes, but ME2 proves to us that a Human led/all Human council is even worse, at least they give you your Spectre status back. Also that's not going to help me in ME3 methinks "what's that Humanity? You need help? I'm sorry I can't hear you over the cries of anger that my people are shouting from when you let the Council die and took their positions"

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
As I have a very pro-alien Shepard, I kept the Council alive and had Anderson on the Council. Awesome as humanity is, the aliens were there first and had been doing a pretty good job before the Reapers showed up. And honestly, you can't blame them for erring on the side of caution, Shepard's claims were pretty out there.

Even if it screws me over in the third game...

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
I saved them, partly because that's just how my Shepard rolls, and partly because I figured humanity probably can't fight off the Reapers with one hand and every other galactic superpower with the other.

Having said that: they'd better get off their asses in ME3. My Shepard may be a hero, but I imagine she's finally going to run out of patience if they pull that ah-yes-Reapers crap again.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Udina reminds me of my landlord, so I chose Anderson...I also let the council die as it seemed like the best tactical decision at the time. I get the feeling it's going to come back to haunt me in Mass Effect 3.

Cabboge

Mar 29, 2009
The only regret I had on killing the council was that I wasn't there to kill the fools myself. I know there is a lot of doubt on Shepard but seriously they were thick...

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
i voted for the wrong one... damn it...i meant to pick alive and anderson not udina... oh well.. thats what is in my game