Poll: Masturbation and you.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
1. Male
2. Maybe once a week, depending, denial of obvious and easily found comforts strengthens character and improves the drive to do shit rather than sit around and wank.
3. No, not for awhile, I'm in a bad funk.
4. What masturbate while in a relationship, no, never *shifty eyes*, when a ***** tries to use sex to control you, deny her and wank more, trust me, it tends to get results, and by results, you ain't some whipped lil *****, whether the relationship lasts or not, it's best not to be under anyone's control.
5. only in that if you masturbate enough without lube, it deadens nerves and makes you feel less, this goes away after a time of not wanking, I've tested it, performance however is generally more of a skill meets experience, meets desire, meets self control thing, masturbation or not, you can only experience good "performance" if you put the effort into it that's needed.
6. Haven't really noticed a difference, though when I get to the point that I have to masturbate to stop my balls from feeling like they're going to explode otherwise, then well, no pain/discomfort is nice and helps me focus, but that's not exactly common either way.
7. it really depends on your point of view, your lifestyle, your diet, that sort of thing. All that wasted spunk has to be replaced somehow, and that takes a good deal of energy out of your body that can go towards other things, mainly in the form of protein etc, after all, the body does kinda prioritize procreation over a lot of things, and well, chokin yer chicken ain't exactly doing anything but lie to it.
8. I don't know, maybe it's become more of a utility to me to avoid certain pains and help reduce stress at times, rather than something that just feels good when nothing else in life did... Other than that, not really a different thing, I've just learned to not have to use masturbation as a crutch.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
1. Are you male or female?
Male

2. How often do you do the deed?
Anywhere from 0-30 times a week. Probably 14 times a week on average.

3. Are you in a relationship?
I'm in an almost relationship and like 2 flitationships.

4. If yes do you do it more or less? If no do you do it more than you usually would?
The more the women are around the less.

5. Do you believe it improves your performance in the bedroom or not?
*shrug*

6. Focus; does reduced/stopped masturbation decrease or increase your ability to focus on things?
Not really.

7. Do you believe that is is harmful or healthy? I.E. Reduce chances of certain cancers, mental health, stress or makes you go blind and grow hair on the palms of your hands?
All indications appear to be that it is healthy.

8. Is it different now opposed to when you were younger?
Working with much bigger equipment, can go much much longer, and recover faster.

Villain Protagonist

Feb 3, 2013
Country
U.S.A.
Male

At least once or twice a day.

Nope

4. If yes do you do it more or less? If no do you do it more than you usually would?
Slightly more, but not by much.

Can't say for sure.

6. Focus; does reduced/stopped masturbation decrease or increase your ability to focus on things?
Definitely increase

7. Do you believe that is is harmful or healthy? I.E. Reduce chances of certain cancers, mental health, stress or makes you go blind and grow hair on the palms of your hands?
It most definitely reduces stress and helps to relax which helps with mental health.

Yes because I'm a grown man who is no longer ashamed of what is a natural health activity.

sweetylnumb

Sep 4, 2011
Silvanus said:
1. Male.
2. About twice a week.
3. Nope.
4. When last I was in a relationship, I didn't do it much at all.
5. Doubt it makes much of a difference.
6. Betters my focus, I think.
7. Healthy, mostly mentally. Not in much doubt there.
8. Very. Had a lot of hang-ups about it when I was likkle, as I imagine a lot of people did.
Well guys do it almost daily and females can have multiple orgasms so...

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
1. Male
2. Varies, 3-6 times a week.
3. No.
4. Dunno, never had a serious relationship.
5. See 4
6. Highly doubt it, usually if I don't do it for a while I just eventually lose interest.
7. Healthy.
8. Not so much.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
A Smooth Criminal said:
The poll results are strange... Just saying... I mean come on... The male to female ratio on this website can't be THAT steep.
It's a thread about sex, that'll seriously skew the results.

Many women still don't feel comfortable talking about that and there's probably some fear as well about a guy sending them a "hy babe! Herd u alwayz horny lolololol! Wanna meet and screw? Btw here's pic of MR BIG so u can judge." message.

And yes, unfortunately that does happen.

Iron_will

Feb 8, 2008
bluemistake2 said:
I'm doing a bit of research and I'm inquiring about masturbation.
Oh man, I got to admit. I had a bit of a laugh when I read this line.

Yes that thing you secretly feel guilty about in your parents basement.
Hah, I don't feel guilty about it at all!

1. Male.
2. A least once a day.
3. Nope.
4. Nope.
5. Nope.
6. Nope, it doesn't affect my focus.
7. I don't think it's harmful. And I have heard it's heathly, but I wouldn't know from experience.
8. Yes, quite. I never wanked before I found out about it. Now though...

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Oh look, personal questions!

1. Female
2. Rarely. I'm on a medication that puts a damper on the whole sex drive thing. I certainly don't lack one, but it's much lower than most other women my age, I think.
3. Nope
4. No idea
5. Um. I actually have no idea.
6. Nope.
7. Absolutely I do, especially the reduced stress thing.
8. I started my antidepressants, which was when I was 15. I'm almost 21 now. So I hadn't really gone down that path much yet.

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
1. Male

2. Three times a week at most.

3. Yes.

4. I do it less. I guess that probably comes from having orgasms in another way.

5. Probably not.

6. It decreases it.

7. I think that it is necessary.

8. No, not really.

Libra

Feb 4, 2012
In the name of the moon...I mean science.

1. Male
2. About once a week.
3. Nope
4. I'd probably do it less in a relationship. Not that I would know (foreveralone etc etc)
5. I think it helps you to get to know your body. And guys can learn to last longer
6. I really don't focus less depending on masturbation. I'm a pretty focussed person
7. I believe I read somewhere it's healthy for sperm to be 'recharged' once in a while. Other than that, I doubt it affects anything.
8. Not really. I just have a lower self-esteem now that I know it won't grow anymore

Frungy

Feb 26, 2009
bluemistake2 said:
Male

bluemistake2 said:
On average about 7 times a week.

bluemistake2 said:
Yes, married.

bluemistake2 said:
Less than when I was single.

bluemistake2 said:
Definitely, on several levels. It reduces the urgency of sexual relations, allowing for slower, more considerate sex. My wife also has a lower sex drive than me, so on nights when she just wants to cuddle I don't feel irritated.

bluemistake2 said:
I definitely find myself more able to focus for the rest of the day after masturbating in the morning.

bluemistake2 said:
Done correctly (light grip, varying angles, using a good lubricant, etc) it is no more harmful or unhealthy than regular stress. For those trying to have children it improves sperm quality, and for those just trying to blow off steam it reduces stress.

bluemistake2 said:
Now it's more of a routine than an obsession.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
1. Male

2. Usually once per day. If I'm bored though I'll do it like 3 times a day.

3. Nope

4. If was sexually active I'd imagine I'd do it less. But I wouldn't know.

5. I think I'd do better the first time around then the other fella who has never experienced climax.

6. I dread it if I don't masturbate for more than a day, because I'll get stuck at or school and get an urge to do it. Though I do remember when Starcraft 2 was released I went without it for 8 days.

7. It's stimulating, it feels really good, and it reduces the chance of prostate cancer. What's not to love?

8. I apparently started doing it pretty early, 5th grade I think. Only thing that changed was now I do it more often.

Our neighbors kid, 8 at the time, almost walked in on me doing it. I got my cloths on just in time for him to walk in. By the skin of my teeth, it was that close.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
Questions about my personal life? Sure, why not.

1. Male
2. Varies. If I go through periods when I'm really busy I might go a week or two without doing it. Other times, I might do it every day, though I try not to
3. Nope
4. Never had a relationship so I can't say
5. N/a
6. Again, varies. If I go a long period without doing it and don't think about it, I'm usually ok. Other times when I do start thinking about it I can't concentrate at all
7. I believe it's only unhealthy if you do it all the time.
8. As in has my technique changed? (It hasn't) My attitude towards it hasn't changed either.

HotPinkCrayola

Jun 17, 2009
I can't vote cos I don't not do it, but I don't do it that often anymore.

Female.
Once every couple of weeks.
Yes.
Heck of lot less these days, if you don't count masturbation during foreplay.
Yes/no. Yes because if I know what I like I can guide him towards what works, but also no because, well, the mister went through a phase a year or so ago of masturbating at silly times and then not being able to have sex...
Not anymore. I've kinda grown out of the fascination with my vagina tbh.
I think it's perfectly healthy. Good stress relief too.
I used to masturbate like crazy when I was younger. Discovered it at 12 and was at it almost daily, continued up to being about 17, then I got my first boyfriend and sex took over, so the desire went away. Nowadays (I'm 25) I can rarely be bothered to tell you the truth!

As for sexual disasters - I once dislocated my little toe during sex. I had my feet on his shoulders and slipped. Painful - my toe was bent out at a 90 degree angle to my foot, although I just snapped it upright and kept on going. It still causes problems though cos it pops out of place fairly bloody regularly in the middle of normal activities such as walking!

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
OK I wasn't going to do this but after reading a few posts I have this strange compulsion to share...

1. Male.
2. Varies. Not usually every day, maybe every 2 or 3.
3. Not currently in a relationship.
4. Relationships have never affected how much I did it. Although I've never had sex with any of my partners.
5. N/A
6. When the urge is upon me I have to release the tension or else I cannot concentrate. However I don't consider frequency to be a factor.
7. I don't think there are any health benefits or risks.
8. I very rarely get excited about the prospect of masturbation nowadays. It's mostly just something I have to do because, god dammit, I'm aroused again. Such a chore.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
1. Make
2. I haven't since before Christmas.
3. I'm married with a son due next month.
4. I tended to masturbate about as much when I was single. I have a fairly high sex drive, so I tend to "outpace" my wife in terms of desire; however, I haven't masturbated in over a month since my wife's sex drive has bone ballistic. The hormones make her incredibly horny; she calls them whoremones.
5. Yes. Knowing what pleases you is incredibly important when you have someone else involved.
6. When I have pent up sexual energy, I struggle to focus. So having sex and/or masturbating increases my ability to focus.
7. It's healthy, to a point. Like anything taken to excess, it can be detrimental to your life. i.e. - if you exercise too much, it can hurt you.
8. Yep. I know how to control myself much moreso.

voet01

Feb 3, 2013
1. Male
2. almost every day
3. yes
4. more
5. Masturbating (without orgasm) can speed things up in the bedroom
6. It makes me think about sex more
7. Healthy
8. Of course it's a normal thing, less exciting

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Strange people who I don't know on the internet asking me about my masturbation habits? I'm down with that!

1. Male
2. Pretty much once a day
3. Yes
4. Probably more
5. Haven't gotten to that stage in our relationship yet so I cannot say
6. I do tend to focus a bit better afterward
7. I see it as healthy. As I say; A wank a day keeps your inner demons at bay!
8. Well it's b