Poll: Masturbation and you.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
1. Are you male or female?
2. How often do you do the deed?
3. Are you in a relationship?
4. If yes do you do it more or less? If no do you do it more than you usually would?
5. Do you believe it improves your performance in the bedroom or not?
6. Focus; does reduced/stopped masturbation decrease or increase your ability to focus on things?
7. Do you believe that is is harmful or healthy? I.E. Reduce chances of certain cancers, mental health, stress or makes you go blind and grow hair on the palms of your hands?
8. Is it different now opposed to when you were younger?

1. Male
2. 3-6 times a week maybe once a day.
3. Yes, long distance
4. If I'm with her I don't do it at all, but since I'm mostly without her: see point 2
5. Not really
6. Doesn't really improve my focus, but I lose focus on other stuff if I don't do it for a while
7. Perfectly healthy, probably a benefit to do it than to not do it.
8. As I got older it became more important to have fewer, better wanks than more frequent but worse wanks. Quality over quantity and all that.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
1. Female
2. 7+ a week (I included mutual, not sure if that counts)
3. Yarp
4. Probably more.
5. It doesn't appear to make a difference.
6. Haven't really noticed.
7. I see it as stress relief, but don't think it has any long term effects.
8. In what way?

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
1. Male
2. Hehe, more then 7... WAAAY more then 7
... I get bored
3. Not currently
4. When I was in a relationship, it did not noticeably affect how many times I did it
5. I believe it does, but I have no proof as to if it does or not...
... there's never been a point where I could test whether i was better or not after not masturbating for a while
6. Focus; does reduced/stopped masturbation decrease or increase your ability to focus on things?
7. I think it's healthy...
... probably not to the extent I do it, but...
... It's a good stress reliever, if nothing else!
8. Nope...
... been doing it at a pretty constant pace since I figured out how to!
... why am i proud of that?

mrseriousguy

Sep 24, 2011
1. Male
2. 2-3 times a week
3. Yup
4. Slightly Less
5. Improves my stamina, plus exercising regularly goes hand in hand. (pun intended)
6. When I was younger I experimented with the 30 days without, focus did decrease. As I was thinking about sex more than the tasks I need to do.
7. It's healthy mentally I don't think about sex as much and it relaxing after a long stressful day.
8. Oh lord No marathoning, like I was when I was a kid. It's wam bam done. I have other things to do.

Wdbisl

Nov 17, 2011
4. If yes do you do it more or less? If no do you do it more than you usually would?
7. Do you believe that is is harmful or healthy? I.E. Reduce chances of certain cancers, mental health, stress or makes you go blind and grow hair on the palms of your hands?

1.Female
2.It varies I'll go weeks without doing it and then one week I'll do it 3 days in a row. I do notice before I start my period I get more horny is that normal?
3. No never had a boyfriend...
4. Probably
5. Yes and no I mean I imagine it helps to know your body, but the actually act of sex will be different than masturbation.
6. Decrease it's like a stupid nagging itch that won't go away and makes sleeping impossible.
7. Healthy it's a naturally thing.
8. The technique has changed and as I got older I got more comfortable with my body. When I was younger I can remember praying to god to punish me for doing it. I use to think it was wrong and dirty, but as I got older I realized it was normal.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Sure, why the hell not?

1. Male
2. Around 1-2 times a day
3. Nope
4. I'd be doing it less in a relationship.
5. Absolutely, it improves my performance. My female partners tend to climax before I do, in no small part to this dirty habit.
6. I'd say it'd increase my focus at first but as time goes by, it would decrease as I get hornier.
7. Harmful or healthy depends on the quantity in which it is done. Based on my libido, age and stamina, I'd say it's healthy. It reduces stress, keeps the pipes working and it just feels damn good.
8. Of course it's different. Now I'm less sensitive and I'm not trying to be sneaky as I live alone.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
1. Male.
2. Probably once every day.
3. Yes.
4. I do it more.
5. I would hope so...
6. Decreases.
7. Healthy.
8. A litte bit, but not much.

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013

Male.

Everyday, at least once.

No, thats why Im doing it.

Irrelevant.

Hell no. It has nothing to do with that, I would perform well in the bedroom with or without masturbation.

Stopping makes me a bit more nervous, and therefore yes, I become less focused on things.

I think its a bit healthy in general, but I dont do it for these kind of things.

Yes. When I was younger I was doing it much less often than now.

I would also like to add that Im doing it simply because I have to. Ive got no girlfriend, so theres no other choice for me but masturbate. There are probably sexual services out there that I could pay for, but I would prefer to have a real girlfriend, not a woman who only does it because Im paying her for it.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
1. I'm a pretty princess!
2. Way too much. Or not enough, haven't decided.
3. Define "relationship".
4. Does not compute.
5. Why of course!
6. Stop... masturbating?
7. Harmful? Just imagine the libido...
8. Probably, don't remember my younger years very well.

I really hope I didn't post here before.

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Princess Trollestia said:
4. Does not compute.
5. Why of course!
6. Stop... masturbating?

Your answers seem to be quite vague. What do you mean "haven't decided" yet? If thats the case, then you should've skipped the question. Relationship means if you are in a relationship with someone, girlfriend or boyfriend. The sixth question refers to if you become more or less focused if you stop masturbating, and you didnt answer that properly. Like OP said you dont have to answer them, but if you do you should at least answer them more clearly.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Bamba said:
4. Does not compute.
5. Why of course!
6. Stop... masturbating?

Your answers seem to be quite vague. What do you mean "haven't decided" yet? If thats the case, then you should've skipped the question. Relationship means if you are in a relationship with someone, girlfriend or boyfriend. The sixth question refers to if you become more or less focused if you stop masturbating, and you didnt answer that properly. Like OP said you dont have to answer them, but if you do you should at least answer them more clearly.
He/she might be answering in character.

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
uneek said:
Bamba said:
4. Does not compute.
5. Why of course!
6. Stop... masturbating?

He/she might be answering in character.
Yeah, I guess thats possible too.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
1. Male? Female? Both? I'unno. I have male bits as of this writing, so male I guess.
2. Probably once a week.
3. Yes
4. A little less.
5. No
6. Not sure how to answer this, though it kind of sounds like edging, which I used to do, and a warning to any out there, don't do it. If you go too far, the semen can travel back into you, causing injuries. It won't hurt in a physical way, but you can ejaculate blood for a few days. The physiological scars of that should be apparent.
7. I don't believe it to be either.
8. No.

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Guys. Just curious. How do you masturbate in a way that would prevent other people from catching you doing the deed? Do you, like, do it behind a blanket in your bed, or in the shower....or do you freely let people watch you performing the masturbation?

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
Male

Depends. When I'm at a loose end at home, revising and such, I can do it 3-4 times a day. During the School week I only usually do it once a day; or not at all. It really depends on how I feel emotionally and how busy I am.

No, but there's someone I'm basically in love with and for that reason I wouldn't want to 'betray' her.

If I feel that things are going well between us, I usually do it less. If I don't, I still usually do it less because I feel miserable. Since falling for her I've generally been doing it less.

Can't really say, I'm still a virgin (I'm only 16, to be fair). I feel that it probably would do if I was regularly sexually active.

It depends. If I haven't masturbated for a few days, I think I can get aroused rather easily by certain things. Obviously this makes it harder to focus on things, but in all honesty I'm usually pretty regular in how much I do it, so I can't really tell.

Psychologically healthy most definitely! Can't speak for physical health, though I have a hard time thinking that it would be physically damaging unless you go so hard you tear your foreskin off or something...

Can't really tell, I suppose I'm more adventurous now than when I was younger, probably due to more hormones flying about.

I tried to be as brutally honest as possible there. Hope it helps.

Alidrasha

Jan 26, 2013
This has been an fairly fun topic to read so far, time to answer then.

1. Female.
2. I try to do it daily, but a lot of times I can't because of lack of privacy/lack of time.
3. No.
4. I don't think I would do it less if I was in a relationship.
5. Not really. I don't think so at least... but I'm not quite experienced in the matter.
6. Not at all.
7. Definitely healthy.
8. I have decreased the frequency.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I am a male.

About once a day, though I'll skip some. Certain days I might do it twice.

More or less.

About the same, though at a different time. Not so much at night anymore.

In all honesty, I can't say.

I'm pretty sure it decreases after several days, though it might even out if enough time has passed.

I think it makes sense that it would lower the chances of certain cancers, it definitely gives a burst of dopamine and I've noticed that I'll often get some miraculous stroke of creativity in the afterglow. Heh...burst and stroke. As for blindness, I don't know. Zinc leaving the body is involved, so it just might be detrimental to sight. Otherwise, all part of a natural sex drive.

It's a lot more comfortable these days because I've long since found "the perfect technique". My original way, as a lad of ten/eleven just figuring this stuff out, was quite different. I found out what I "liked" fairly quickly, so the content is mostly the same and largely typical.

Something funny...let's see...probably the fact that I've never been caught.
Though there have certainly been close calls when people just got the magical urge to enter my room at the most inopportune times for the most mundane of reasons. I don't think I've ever denied doing it, though. So certain people assume that I might not do it. That's bullshit, and I can say with near certainty that just about everyone does it. There are, of course, some exceptions but I'll speak in a general sense.