Poll: ME3 EC didn't fix anything

Jayse

Sep 22, 2009
This ending was so bloody good.(Edit; By this one I meant the refusal ending, for some reason quoting decided to fail on me)

I actually teared up and almost cried.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
erttheking said:
boag said:
erttheking said:
Z of the Na said:
Christ you people are bitter about nothing.

It's cool that you love the Mass Effect series and all, but in actuality, it's not all that important to throw a fit over.

Just make up your own ending for your Shepard if it bothers you that much.
Ok, I did that.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6376514/1/Mass_Effect_New_Origins_V2

The thing is, I shouldn't have had to. I didn't pay 80$ for a game where I have to make my own ending.
im just happy that the backlash was harsh enough that they even went and changed the screen at the end.

It no longers asks people to buy more DLC.
That's like saying you're glad that someone you knew realized he should take his hand off of a lit stove. It's not much to write home about.
Hey I will take whatever wins I can get, and that was definitely a win, the rest, im still on the judge panel mulling it over.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
According to what they've done regarding the endings,shoving us Deus Ex Machina down our throats in the last 10 minutes,it was the only possible way to "polish the turd" let's say and give some closure at least,which in fact they managed to pull off even with the few remaining plot holes.

They definitely added to that and I'm relatively happy about it(I chose the Destroy ending) because I got to find out what happened in the world after my actions.

No reunion with your LI however which made me very sad.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
TheKasp said:
boag said:
Then post me the news that used exactly that kind of language in this context.

Im sorry, do you not know how to read?

"compilation" there is no exact quote with all these elements, I just picked up and added to it whenever a new element came up.

TheDoctor455 said:
boag said:
If they had not been complete and utter dicks to the fans by calling the people disatisfied with the original ending, and I quote "Whiny, homophobic entitled brats", then Yes i would have been satisfied with the EC.

As it stands, I cant wait for Bioware to burn down and join the likes of Bullfrog and Westwood in the graveyard of companies EA has raped to death.
Mind showing me a link to prove that?

It seems consistent with their general attitude through all of this, but... I'd still like to see where you're getting that from.

Also, I think I have a somewhat legitimate reason to be resentful of how badly the star-child botches things. Because I staked my grade in a university course on this series. I wrote a 20-page paper on this series and got an A that helped me earn my English degree that I recently completed. But now, thanks to these craptacular endings and how thoroughly they destroy the logic of the series, and betray the running themes of the series... now I'll always end up feeling that some part of earning my degree was unearned... or at least... that I should have gotten a lower grade on that paper for obviously reading far too much into this series, and giving its writers far too much credit.

Though I phrase it differently in the paper so as to help it fit the class better... the main running theme I'm referring to here is: "being victorious by uniting in spite of differences." This theme is utterly betrayed in every ending in some way. I'll spare you the somewhat lengthy analysis of each ending I could offer on this point (unless you want me to)... but here's the paper I wrote: http://social.bioware.com/project/8242/#details

While this paper is obstensibly about the entire series... only the first 2 games were out at the time... and I focused primarily on the first one. But thanks to the starchild's bullshit, large chunks of my paper, if not the whole thing, are either irrelevant or flat-out wrong now.

Thanks for that Bioware.

And if you're right, they think I'm a homophobe for not liking their bloody stupid endings.

I would just love to see them try to explain the massive leap of logic from 'I find your ending disappointing and well... a bit stupid' to 'you're a homophobe!'
please read the other posts ive made on the matter.

As for the homophobe thing, its a neat little story.

During the month that was leading up to PAX, EA received the Golden Poo Award, making them worst company in America.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116653-EA-Wins-Title-of-Worst-Company-in-America

A dozen hours after receiving the award, several gaming news sites started running a story about EA getting flooded with Anti-Gay mail
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116660-Anti-Gay-Email-Campaign-Floods-Electronic-Arts

This is fully detailed in a forbes article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/05/ea-in-full-damage-control-mode-points-to-anti-gay-hate-mail/

add to that spambots were used to inflate a pro EA petition
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/10/ea-anti-boycott-petition-flooded-by-spambots/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/11/allout-org-director-andre-banks-on-the-ea-anti-boycott-petition-and-spambot-attack/

Which rumor has it was being run by the EA origin program

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/showthread.php?187806-Is-EA-using-Origin-to-illegally-sign-anti-gay-bullying-petition

and you start to get a not so pretty picture

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Fappy said:
endtherapture said:
008Zulu said:
I think we may be giving Bioware too much credit. Writing the quintessential happy ending is not where their strengths lay. They (Bio) don't think along the lines of; Kill the Dragon, save the Princess and live happily ever after.
What about Dragon Age then...

Kill the Dragon...marry the Queen...live happily ever after, that's one of the endings you can get.
You can marry Anora? I had no idea.
I think you can if you're a Human non-Mage Warden, I'm not sure. King-Consort or something?

But you can definitely marry Alistair I think.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Fappy said:
undeadsuitor said:
Fappy said:
If you have a love interest you say your final good byes and it is quite a sad scene.

"Sad" is an understatement. Saying goodbye to your LI is more heartwrenching that all of the 4 endings combined. The voice acting sells it so well.
It's not quite as sad if you pick the Destroy ending for obvious reasons, but the Synthesis and Control endings make this scene more powerful in retrospect.

Control you say you will watch over them from your god-throne in space and synthesis basically implies you are a part of them (and everyone one else in the galaxy). Neither of these two options involve you ever talking to them again (at least in this life).
Thanks, Fappy. I ended up doing the run again to see those goodbyes (both Liara and Garrus) and it was worth it. Short, but worth it.

God, it's so sad D:
I think I might have even let out a whimper lol

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
AbstractStream said:
Fappy said:
undeadsuitor said:
Fappy said:
If you have a love interest you say your final good byes and it is quite a sad scene.

"Sad" is an understatement. Saying goodbye to your LI is more heartwrenching that all of the 4 endings combined. The voice acting sells it so well.
It's not quite as sad if you pick the Destroy ending for obvious reasons, but the Synthesis and Control endings make this scene more powerful in retrospect.

Control you say you will watch over them from your god-throne in space and synthesis basically implies you are a part of them (and everyone one else in the galaxy). Neither of these two options involve you ever talking to them again (at least in this life).
Thanks, Fappy. I ended up doing the run again to see those goodbyes (both Liara and Garrus) and it was worth it. Short, but worth it.

God, it's so sad D:
I think I might have even let out a whimper lol
I have only seen Liara's. It was so sad :(

Nobodyman

Jun 5, 2009
Honestly, I'm happy Bioware did this at all. They didn't have to change anything and they said multiple times that they are happy with the way the game ended, even if we are not. I chose the destroy option and I am happy with what I got this time around. Is it the ending I wanted? Not really, but it was atleast better than the old one. If you still don't like it, thats fine. All I know is that I don't have to be dissapointed anymore.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
TheKasp said:
boag said:
Im sorry, do you not know how to read?

"compilation" there is no exact quote with all these elements, I just picked up and added to it whenever a new element came up.
So youn are not able to give me sources to the different parts of your compilation where it all adds up to, may I quote, "and I quote "Whiny, homophobic entitled brats""? Then why the fuck do you pull a quote out of your ass if it never was said this way and, when asked for any kind of source, try to talk your ass out with some halfassed excuses?
sigh, it takes a while to get all the sources, Ive seen you in the shitstorm threads in the past, so i know you are familiar with them all, dont pull this "you didnt quote a source so you are full of shit" card.

if you want a source fine ill give them to you.

whiny entitled brats
http://www.ign.com/blogs/fatboomer/2012/03/18/in-response-to-colin-moriartys-mass-effect-3-video
http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/02/29/entitled-gamers-or-greedy-publishers-which-is-it/
http://www.ign.com/blogs/ethangach/2012/03/13/consumer-dissatisfaction-is-for-babies
http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-dangers-of-gamer-entitlement-6350732/
http://kotaku.com/5893119/charitable-donations-dont-give-you-the-right-to-demand-changes-to-mass-effect-3

the homophobic ive already explained so you can go back to the other post i made.

BTW, i will be addding to this post so wait till i fill it up with sources ok precious?

EDIT: there that should be enough right?

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
I don't care anymore. The original ending put fixated me into a state of rage so massive I just couldn't shake it off, and now I just don't give a shit anymore about BioWare, rEApers, or Mass Effect. The damage was too costly.

So no. Hell no. DAMN NO! I'm not satisfied.

Nobodyman

Jun 5, 2009
Jaeke said:
I don't care anymore. The original ending put fixated me into a state of rage so massive I just couldn't shake it off, and now I just don't give a shit anymore about BioWare, rEApers, or Mass Effect. The damage was too costly.

So no. Hell no. DAMN NO! I'm not satisfied.
I'm truely sorry that you feel that way. I get it, I really do, but I'm just happy they at least listened to us a little bit. The endings arn't perfect, but I think they are alot better.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'm definitely happier with it, the new scene before charging the beam and the "plaque" sequence after the slideshow provided me with the emotional "closure" I wanted from the game.

Still, the Shepard Dialogue in the "Refusal" Sequence is so priceless I'm sad the rest of it is such a giant "middle finger" to people who wanted that option.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
It didn't do much... over 72 major plotholes still exist and my assets still don't matter.

Oct 30, 2010
Given the goals/scope of the EC, I think they did a fine job of it. It didn't, and probably couldn't fix all the problems I have.

CaptainKarma

Dec 16, 2011
Zhukov said:
Eh, I'm pretty much satisfied with it.

Yes, the glowing kid is still there and still sucks on multiple levels.

And the new rejection ending basically consists of, "Didn't like our artistic endings? Well, fuck you, everybody dies." However, it makes sense within the context of the story.

Basically, it gives me enough closure to be able to ignore the retarded bits. So I'm happy.
How does it make sense in context? Time and time again we are told "you can't do this! its impossible!" and time and time again Shepard says "fuck you, I'm doing it anyway". We made peace with synthetics, we allied krogan and turian, we survived a suicide mission, we tamed the rachni, we found Ilos.

So why, after 90 hours of doing the impossible are we suddenly told "no, srsly guyz, this is actually impossible, rock falls, everyone dies"?

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Delsana said:
It didn't do much... over 72 major plotholes still exist and my assets still don't matter.
Thats part of the reason im not satisfied, they added the deleted scenes and a fucking slideshow at the end.

Like I said, had they ended it like this from the beginning, then it would have been somewhat acceptable, but adding it after people had to demand it and slog through all the name calling and back and forth, this just looks like PR Damage control.

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
I think it is better. At least I don't feel as angry now about the endings. The plotholes are still there yeah, but now I can ignore those in some way. I also like the the new "Fuck you Starchild" ending, because it makes sense that there is an option to do that.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Revelo said:
This is why, ironically the Refusal Ending is arguably better then all the others, since there are far less plotholes, Shepard's personality remains intact, it gives you the chance to give the middle finger to the Starchild, and it isn't vague about what happens. It is a sad ending, but thats still a better emotional response than the original 3 combined had.
If only the refusal could lead to a happy ending. It should actually, with enough war assets. No one likes that little brat. We should be able to tell him to go fuck himself and still win.