Poll: Men! How do you shave your face?

Zedresserit

Jan 18, 2013
At first glance I thought this was a thread about the style of beard you prefer. Because I prefer a chinstrap. Paired with my ponytail and rather large build, all I need is an apron to give off a Skyrim blacksmith sort of vibe. But I digress.
OT: Electric razor.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012

in all seriousness i have very sensitive skin and shaving is usually a multi hour process of steaming, moisturizing and toning or else i end up looking like i was in an accident and used my face to stop me sliding along the footpath.
i will settle for no less than the gillette mach 20 with built in wifi and lazer controlled shaving assist technology.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I was thinking about posting a thread about shaving.

I use a manual razor, that technically can vibrate but the battery's dead.
I can never get close enough on my moustache, so I always have a darker shadow.
(I don't mean to derail, but does anyone know how to get closer without buying a ton of new stuff?)

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
I'm at the awkward stage where I have spots, and must shave. It's a bloody affair I can tell you, disposable razor's are a face massacre.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I shave my face with some mace in the dark...

Yeah my razor only has three blades & i use an electric trimmer for the chin goatee thing whatever it's called.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I use a Gilette fusion...something something something. Hell if I know what it is. But it works great.
I also need to use shaving foam, or my skin immediately goes "bro wtf r u doin" *bleeds in every direction*
Unfortunately, the combination of these things is quite expensive indeed. Fortunately however, it's counterbalanced by how my facial hair grows incredibly slowly and I only need to shave once a week or so. So it's not really that expensive in the end. I only have to buy new blades a couple of times a year.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I have a sensitive face so I use an electric trimmer to shape up my chin strap and an electric razor to smooth the rest of my face.
Funny you made this topic I recently had to break down and buy another electric razor because the batteries died in my other one and I can't find any to replacement, probably because I've had it 5+ years.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I use an electric, but I've always wanted to use a cutthroat because of the badassery associated with it. And when my barber does it, it's the cleanest shave I've ever had.

But I don't shave much, except to get rid of the neckbeardage. You cannot seperate me from my beard.

Dracthor

Jan 10, 2013
I use one of the 5 bladed razors but no cream or anything like that, I also don't replace the blade for months. All I need to do is get the blade wet after every three passes or shave in the shower.

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
an "old" model mach 3, though i use to use the extremely cheap single bladed razors that were entirely disposable, and no i dont really notice a difference from them.

also i think the razor companies are just "going full retard" with their designs and adds, they basically make fun of themselves with the products they desperately need us to buy, a dangerous game

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
I have a mach 3 gillete razor, got it from my parents. But I use one razor way way more then they advertise. Shaving daily a razor can last you months, just shave during or directly after you shower. You don't even need cream that way unless your super coarse. And every know and again rub the razor across your jeans (tip by cracked.com) against the direction of the blades obviously. It removes the impurities that hurt during shaving.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
VICIOUSLY.

Because god damn I can never get it all off.

(also, sporadically. Like maybe when I have a job interview or something.)

Rattler5150

Jul 9, 2010
usually a norelco electric
sometimes I use an old school safety razor (the kind with the lil doors that open, double edged razor inside)

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Well I have a magnificent and ever changing beard and/or moustache, but to maintain or change the style requires some maintenance so..

I use an electric trimmer with a varierty of attachments to get the length right and in order to just get the length of parts that need removing to a level where the blade won't rip out half my face with the hair.

I use this in tandem with a straight and incredibly sharp blade. Because real men don't fear blades to the throat!
I take safety razors on vacation though, a straight edge wouldn't sit well with customs...

Oh and foam is a scam and my facial hair is like steel wire so a straight up electric shaver is ineffective.

EDIT: Manliest thread since the one I made about moustaches I must say. Good job OP.

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
The way I shave is a pit too personal for the internet. No not really, I just use an electric one.