Poll: Men! How do you shave your face?

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I mostly just use a hair trimmer without the attachments. I don't need to be super clean shaven for work. However, I use a razor from time to time and for when the situation calls for it(job interviews mostly).

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
I received a free electric razor, so when I shave I use that, but I only really shave once every 2-3 months anyway so its not like I really need it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I use an electric razor. I don't grow that much hair on my face and I prefer to keep my face clean.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
I use an electric razor to trim my facial hair to a length that's easier on my razors, then I use one of them there Gillete whatchimajiggers. The throwaway razors tend to get caught on my whiskers and I don't like that. Also, the only store in town that sells razors only sells Gillete razors and the aforementioned throwaways, so I don't have much of a choice in using them. I'd get a straight razor if I could, but whatever.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Quaxar said:
Pinnacle of shaving technology? I don't believe you even know what you're talking about, I'd cut my throat within days with one of those "classic" things.

RTSnab said:
Would you believe I never actually looked up an actual razor, since I'm pretty sure I'd like it far more than the fucking BULLSHIT safety razors that dull after 2 uses.
I don't know what you do with those, I keep the same blade for about half to a full year...
Then your facial hair must be as soft as the hairs on a newborn baby! o_O

Those things start getting dull halfway THROUGH a shave sometimes. I grant you that I have very coarse facial hair, but still.

OT: I use the dinky disposable razors, but I very much want to get a straight edge.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
I use an electric trimmer on my 'beard' (I like it at around 1-2mm stubble) but for my neck and cheeks I use one of these:

I classify it as a 'safety razor' because even though it's not disposable it doesn't have vibration control and all that bullshit.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Dimitriov said:
Quaxar said:
Pinnacle of shaving technology? I don't believe you even know what you're talking about, I'd cut my throat within days with one of those "classic" things.

RTSnab said:
Would you believe I never actually looked up an actual razor, since I'm pretty sure I'd like it far more than the fucking BULLSHIT safety razors that dull after 2 uses.
I don't know what you do with those, I keep the same blade for about half to a full year...
Then your facial hair must be as soft as the hairs on a newborn baby! o_O

Those things start getting dull halfway THROUGH a shave sometimes. I grant you that I have very coarse facial hair, but still.
I dunno. Granted, after a few months it starts to slowly become more ripping than cutting and when I finally change blades it's always a surprise how smooth it can cut but overall I honestly don't have many problems. Then again, I treat it very carefully and don't use any kind of shaving cream so possibly there's something to that.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Just a cheap cartridge razor. I'm actually thinking about switching to a real razor though

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Genocidicles said:
What purpose does five blades serve, other than to get stubble stuck between them?!
I can't use the Fusion or Quattro because I cut myself with it because it is too big, but I also can't use anything with two blades or less for the same reason.

I use the Mach 3 Turbo because the blades last quite a bit longer than other disposables, and are much easier to use, as well as providing the closest shave of any razor I have ever used. (When the turbo came out, the quality of the blades on the plain Mach 3 went down, so I use the Mach 3 Turbo blades on the Mach 3 handle I bought when I was 18, ten years ago now.)

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I use a Fusion, or if ones around, a Venus. Venus is the best safety type razor there is. My old roommate Jonathan used to use one(and I'll admit, I razzed him about it), and one day I didn't have any blades for mine. He threw me one of his spare blades(they come in a pod, so you can throw and catch them) and, damn if it wasn't the closest, least irritating shave I' d ever had.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
It depends. If i'm shaving at my house, on my own, i use an electric trimmer, because im lazy and my stubble is invisible

If i'm at a convention, with people I dont know, I use a knife, to scare people. Single-blades ARE the best shave in the world

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
I use an electric razor when I'm in a hurry and for my chin, currently I use a five-blade for the rest. I am thinking of switching to a cut-throat if I find a good one though.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I have a Gillete Mach 3 that I usually use when I need to shave.

Yes, I do realize that is a very old "model" of razors.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
What is shaving?

In all seriousness I've yet to actually use a razor electric or otherwise. When I've needed to get rid of the extra hair off of my face I just used a small detail trimmer. Although I believe that that is broken now so I guess I'll have to start using a razor.

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010
smearyllama said:
Not.

Seriously. I haven't shaved since November, and my face is covered in a majestic beard that apparently makes me look two to four years older than I am.
When I do shave, I just use an electric razor. It hurts, but it's easier than anything else, though the cleanup is messy if you don't do it over a garbage can or something.
I'm in the same boat as you, I haven't shaved since November and my face is turning into beard. I was gifted a electric razor for Christmas, so I decided to try it out on a little bit of neck beard. It was unpleasant.

OT: I've always used safety razors, but I'd like to get a shave with a straight edge just to know how it feels.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Safety.. I have an electric but I use it basically just for precise trimming when my goatee needs a once over. I just can't be bothered to take any real care or time when doing my regular daily/bidaily shave, so using an actual straight razor just isn't something I'm interested in.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Two words Combine Harvester, just a few passes and you start to see a face!

My beard, which when typo'd into bears is a pretty accurate piece of terminology, however normally I combine harvest that shit into a doorknocker style goatee/mustache combo, that "Combined" with a clean shaven dome is my best look, and I tend to keep it that way, unless I'm job hunting, 'cuz looking like a skinhead doesn't tend to yield a lot of customer service jobs, and that's where I have the most experience...