Poll: Mirror's Edge 2? Good idea?

CAW4

Feb 7, 2009
If they make every level like the prologue of the first (in that you can basically go through the entire thing without slowing down) I'd buy it, but if it's still the 'spending half your time in small tunnels that force you to go slow, then no.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Yes, I think a sequel is a great idea. Mirror's Edge had some interesting and innovative ideas. Sure there were flaws but the flaws it had are fixable.

Story wise though i'm not sure where they can go with it, but I think that a Mirror's Edge 2 could be a very, very good game indeed. Not that the first one wasn't mind.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I think a sequel's already been announced. So... yeah...

Anyway, if there's one thing I want to see in Mirror's Edge 2, it would be being able to play as other runners.
I know it's a pretty pointless feature, but I'd like to see more runners at least. Apart from the main three we saw another for what, 5 seconds?

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
ill'd rather they worked on something new than trying to improve something heavily flawed.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
If it constains more than 2 colours then i'll buy it because white and red gets boring in about 5 minutes.

Also proper cutscenes not those cartoon things.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The first game was rife with issues, but none that couldn't be fixed and all-in-all the game was good fun.

Major issues were the story and the amount of gunplay: not enough (not enough that was good anyway) and far too much, respectively. The first step to fixing the story would be scrapping those fucking awful animated cutscenes; the game's beautiful, just play normal cutscenes using the engine.

Minor issues were things like making me twist valves for no reason. There I am, sprinting from the police, when some steam gets in my way so I have to break all momentum (and excitement and adrenaline) to turn a valve.

Likewise in terms of the combat, I want to be sprinting across the rooftops at full belt, leaping down 2 stories (Assassin's Creed 2 completely nails that) at some points. I don't really want first person platforming in the sense that I hold onto a ledge and shimmy across.

It definitely needs a sequel; the idea's too good to just leave behind as a "failed" experiment.

Oh, and add a multiplayer where we can race each other for fuck's sake. Honestly, how could you leave that out but then include a rather dull time trial mode?

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
I'm not keen on a sequel, but I don't mind, if they put the same first person platforming, into an other project.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Yes, thet definitely should. I don't really care about story, just fix these three things:

- Combat should never be forced on a player. This game should be about running, not shooting people to death.
- More freedom of movement and less bottlenecks, please.
- Preferably, make players die less, so we can enjoy parkour in all it's fluid glory.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I think I heard somewhere that a sequel is planned, and if that's true I am really happy.

I loved Mirror's edge; I've been through the story mode several times, even challenging myself to complete it on the hardest difficulty without using guns. I never once had a problem with motion sickness, I was not bothered by the bright light, and I was perfectly able to time my jumps in first person. I only wish there had been more rooftop-action.

So yes; definitely, a more polished sequel would be a guaranteed purchase for me.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Sure they should the first had many glaring problems but the central concept was solid enough to deserve a second crack at it!

And as much as EA can be a bunch of fucktards at times they definately deserve some credit for trying new ideas unlike a certain other mega publisher that shall remain nameless.