Poll: Mirror's Edge: Is it worth buying for $10 dollars?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
For 10 bucks? Totally.

For full release price... Nah... It's a good game, definitely original, but very short (6h?) and suffers from some bad decisions, like areas where you're forced to fight instead of running, which goes against the point of the game. For 50 bucks, you'll likely feel like you got the short end of the deal a bit. For $10? Not even a question.

Flamingpenguin said:
In short: I would get it. But I would definitely pick up the console version unless you have a REALLY nice pc.
More like, unless your computer wasn't built in 1995. I played it with an old 8500 GT and it played well, on max quality settings... If you're having issues playing it on medium at least, go turn in your "computer" for a toaster.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
I loved the game. It is brilliant in my opinion and totally worth ten dollars. I also feel that its a lot better on console but thats just personal bias.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Yes. It is even worth more. Specially on the PC or the PS3 if you have Fragenstein or something like that, its one of the rare non FPS titles that handles a lot better with the precision of a mouse.

The moments where you are 'required' to use gunfire are like 5% of total gametime, and even those moments you are not really required to, it just makes it easier.

Masteryuri666

Apr 9, 2010
For 10 bucks? Hell yes. Just a shame the game is rather short but I heard the DLC that you can buy is quite impressive.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I paid $189 for it on PC, and I dont regret it, so yeah, get it

apparently I'm even more retard than Yahtzee T-T

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Flamingpenguin said:
lacktheknack said:
Flamingpenguin said:
In short: I would get it. But I would definitely pick up the console version unless you have a REALLY nice pc.
Not true. A PC made in the last three years handles it just fine, and it plays much better on PC than on console.
Really? It ran amazingly well on my 360 and I'd heard it didn't run so hot on a pc. Plus, the graphics in that game are really nice imho, and it definitely looked better on my tv than it would have on my computer. Plus I just like a physical controller, but that's just my preference.
The mouse precision did help a lot in immersion and platforming, other than that the PC has no advantage. It works pretty well on PS3 with Fragenstein tho, but don't know if there is a similar product for x360.

Played it on PC, and PS3 with both controller and FS and I still preferred the pc with slightly lower performance because of the controls alone, but that's just me.

Mephisteus

Jul 16, 2008
You can get through the game without shooting a gun once. There's an achievement for it in fact :p

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
DarthLurtz said:
One of my regrets is that I only rented the game.

Some of that regret is achievement-related, but I really do want to play it again.
Exactly. You may be able to complete it in a day or two, but it's one of those games where you'll want to go through it again a few weeks/ months later.

Well worth the $10.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
I'd save that money for something else. Mirror's Edge was probably one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, mostly because it was very "trial and error" when it came to a lot of the combat sections (Of which there are a few where the game pretty much forces you to fight) and jumping puzzles. It did have a lot of good ideas, mainly when it came to aesthetic design, and the parts where you aren't being shot to death during a forced combat section or falling from the same fucking ledge for the tenth time could be downright immersive, but as a whole it just wasn't that fun or interesting.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SoranMBane said:
I'd save that money for something else. Mirror's Edge was probably one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, mostly because it was very "trial and error" when it came to a lot of the combat sections (Of which there are a few where the game pretty much forces you to fight) and jumping puzzles. It did have a lot of good ideas, mainly when it came to aesthetic design, and the parts where you aren't being shot to death during a forced combat section or falling from the same fucking ledge for the tenth time could be downright immersive, but as a whole it just wasn't that fun or interesting.
Weird... there's two forced fights, and I never got hung up on any one fall more than twice.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Yes get it. Even if you regret it it's only 10$, right? But you won't. Well I like it at least.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Yes. It's a really fun game that you'll probably end up replaying multiple times.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Yeah, it's a pretty good game, just way too short, and the combat falls short. Time trial is ace though, it takes all the lovely running fast bits from the single player and nothing else. Good times.