Poll: Modern Warfare 2 ending and Modern Warfare 3 discussion (SPOILERS)

Jan 3, 2009
Ok, so for those of you who beat the game I am a bit saddened by the ending. At the end we dont kill Makarov and Roach & Ghost are dead and D.C. is on fire. Im trying to figure out how this will work. Now that Price and Soap are most wanted criminals they will have some problems trying to kill him, its not like they can take a plane ride now since Im sure they wont be a 141 Spec op anymore.

I was also saddened how Ramirez's story just ended abruptly. I feel that the D.C. campaign could have been extended for a longer campaign.

One thing I could not understand was why didnt the spy just shoot makarov there. It seems like that would be the best solution besides IW wanting us to kill civilians. I still want to know what was in the briefcase and what was in the computer. It seems like The general wanted to create a world war just so he could become famous.

Overall I think that for a 6 hour campaign they could have had a lot more story in it.

Finally when they launched the nuke and they are screaming that the submarines doors are open, why did Price say "Good."? They left so many plotholes open it was really dissapointing. Still a great campaign though.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Shurikens and Lightning said:
Ok, so for those of you who beat the game I am a bit saddened by the ending. At the end we dont kill Makarov and Roach & Ghost are dead and D.C. is on fire. Im trying to figure out how this will work. Now that Price and Soap are most wanted criminals they will have some problems trying to kill him, its not like they can take a plane ride now since Im sure they wont be a 141 Spec op anymore.

I was also saddened how Ramirez's story just ended abruptly. I feel that the D.C. campaign could have been extended for a longer campaign.

One thing I could not understand was why didnt the spy just shoot makarov there. It seems like that would be the best solution besides IW wanting us to kill civilians. I still want to know what was in the briefcase and what was in the computer. It seems like The general wanted to create a world war just so he could become famous.

Overall I think that for a 6 hour campaign they could have had a lot more story in it.

Finally when they launched the nuke and they are screaming that the submarines doors are open, why did Price say "Good."? They left so many plotholes open it was really dissapointing. Still a great campaign though.
he says good because he launched the nuke. if u didnt skip once the loading screen was done you would have known that

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
He launched the nuke and set i8t to detonate above DC. This way, all electronics would be knocked out, effectively halting the Russian onslaught with minimal loss of life.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
"You take out one enemy, and they replace him with someone even worse."

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
It's no longer modern WARFARE, it's gone too Hollywood in feel, and that general... basicially a bond villain, but a general.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
The reason the undercover CIA agent (is it bad I can't remember his name?) didn't kill Makarov because his mission was to get in with Makarov's people for intel purposes - of course we find out later Shepherd planted him there as part of a plot to make it look like the US was responsible for the slaughter at the airport, giving the Russians a reason to attack the US and give Shepherd the ultimate power - control of the US armed forces and a blank cheque. He's bitter about the 30,000 men he lost when the nuke when off in MW1 and is basically doing all this as a positively insane recruiting drive.

I was gutted when Roach and Ghost were killed, especially because you watch as they throw you into a pit, pour gas on you, and burn your corpse.
I was actually horrified - the COD games keep upping the ante and it's absolutely brilliant. First you die from radiation poisoning in MW as Jackson, then there's Dimitri's flag plant at the end of the Russian arc in WAW, then there was this... which was for less heroic and far more pointless.

The ending of MW2 was abrupt, but I'm glad. It was the perfect point to close out the story and build expectations for MW3 - which I CANNOT wait for.

Smack-Ferret

Jul 14, 2009
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
So your your saying in five modern warfare games we'll be fighting the Hitler-Dino-Satan-Bot5000.

OiXerxes

Jan 3, 2009
For me, I felt that it did end really abruptly for Ramirez and could have been longer. Also, they could've spent more time in DC than in Virginia, because they definitely advertised DC more, and it was one the highlights of the game for me, while marking targets for the stryker tank wasn't.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009

maybe because it was a nuclear submarine loaded with an EMP bomb and he could knock out the russian invaders communications and aircraft without it seriously effecting the americans since the russians had pretty much disabled it all already

happysock

Jul 26, 2009

I'm with you the story was truly awesome and action packed from start to finish with some nice twists in there. The nuke was the EMP that was used to knock out the Russians comms etc.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Smack-Ferret said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
So your your saying in five modern warfare games we'll be fighting the Hitler-Dino-Satan-Bot5000.
Bah, I'm just quoting the game.

Smack-Ferret

Jul 14, 2009
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare

There is the great Modern Warfare 3.

Smack-Ferret

Jul 14, 2009
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Smack-Ferret said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Bah, I'm just quoting the game.
You gotta admit though it's still possible.