Poll: Modern Warfare 3?

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
MasterKirov said:
There will be a Modern Warfare 3, unless Infinity Ward split from Activision somehow. But we won't be seeing it until next year - this is the year of Treyarch after all.
Well it's funny you should say that but Infinity Ward have been stripped of their ability to make any more CoD games, so the ex-CEO's pull off something special there may not be another MW.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I like the story. Its just so insane that I can't help but like it. I want MW 3 just for the story, same like I did for MW 2.

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
I suspect there will be. But I'm gonna get a game which won't make me cry at night wishing I'd bought L4D2 instead. Which I did in the end. BUT IT WAS TOO LATE.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
I really wish it would die but it made a bazillion and one freaking cash so I know they will keep doing it.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Orcus_35 said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
If they do make another one it'll make Soap and the SAS even more badass before starting a full blown World War 3.

That's the only way to top Modern Warfare 2's ridiculous story.
this could be better than your theory of badass: T-rex Pilots!

calvin and hobbes!
i didnt mind MW2s story. it wasnt bad, nowhere near, but it wasnt as good as the first.
be fair though, there is no way it could have been
also there will be an MW3, and as much as we go on about how it will all be for money, i bet 50% of use get it in the first week
this is the cynical cheezy one, signing off!
away...

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
Right now I am going to have to say that there will be a MW3 because Activision will do whatever it takes to get another one out in the near future. I don't think IW wanted to do the third iteration right away and so we may see it in around four years if it is made by IW. My bet though is that Activision is going to throw it over to Treyarch (I think that was the studio for World at War) to finish it up and try and push it out sooner.

TheCheesy4

He thinks he's people.
Nov 21, 2008
Ah. How convenient. I've got the planned script right here. Let's see:

ZOMGRUSSIANSAREINVADING!!!!11!!!! Quick! Fire nukes at them!
Oh God! They broke our nueks. To the AC-130!
What's that?
It's... aliens...
De End.

Edit: Damn. I should have just linked to this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/07/16/

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
They actually already released a trailer for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr4QBZfjtqs

Honestly, ignore the character models and it easily could be

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Of course there will be a MW3. Hopefully with new people at the helm they'll create a Single Player campaign that isn't completely implausible in realism and in length.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Wow, so much MW2 hate here. I'm going to be controversial and FUCKING ENJOY SOMETHING FOR ONCE. God, I thought I was a jaded cynic but you people take the cake.

MW2 was great and has moved something like 25 million units, MW3 is on the way for sure. Current rumours though speculate that with the current issues between Infinity Ward and Activision, the game might be made by the mysterious third studio Activision have allegedly brought on board. This might even be the reason IW and Acti are fighting - apparently part of the argument was Activision trying to overturn the rule giving IW exclusive rights to produce modern-day CoD games.

All rumour of course.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Kermi said:
Wow, so much MW2 hate here. I'm going to be controversial and FUCKING ENJOY SOMETHING FOR ONCE. God, I thought I was a jaded cynic but you people take the cake.

MW2 was great and has moved something like 25 million units, MW3 is on the way for sure. Current rumours though speculate that with the current issues between Infinity Ward and Activision, the game might be made by the mysterious third studio Activision have allegedly brought on board. This might even be the reason IW and Acti are fighting - apparently part of the argument was Activision trying to overturn the rule giving IW exclusive rights to produce modern-day CoD games.

All rumour of course.
There are reasons why we dislike it. First, the story was just crazy and unrealistic, playing like something out of a McCarthy era James bond ripoff. The more open environments and respawning enemies were often annoying as hell because you'd sit there for ten minutes killing the same enemies over and over again until you think it's safe only for another platoon to materialize the moment you turn your back. The gameplay didn't feel as strong and fun and the story was off it's rocker.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
There is definitely gonna be a MW3. MW2 ended on a cliff hanger which needs to be brought to a climactic ending in a way that will cement the series as amazing.

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
activision already said they want to start releasing cod games yearly, not to mention the story is obvoiusly going somewhere. and it makes money, so you got that too.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
RamirezDoEverything said:
I belive that ther will be a Mw3, simply because the ending showed it.
I know I already read on here or Kotaku that the developers said there would not be a MW3...

And for all of you saying that just because there was a cliff hanger ending, that means there is going to be a sequel. I can prove that theory wrong with one word: Black.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Yes and it will invole MORE nukes.
Definitely MOAR NUKES!
http://nukeitfromorbit.com/

OT: They need a good story like MW1. if it has a good story, then I'm buying. Def not on launch day though.