Poll: Money, fame, or power?

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
I was posed an interesting question and I thought the answers would vary wildly between people.
What would you rather have a massive amount of? Money, fame, Or power. Now the important part to remember is whichever you choose they cannot overlap. Having tons of power can't get you lots of money and having tons of money can't get you lots of power. Also be sure to mention what you would want it for, for instance having power over information around the world, politics, etc. Or having Fame for doing something amazing that will make people remember you for centuries.

I personally chose fame because I would be able to die happy knowing people will remember my name for years and years after I'm dead.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Money. Because money would mean freedom to do what I desire. Like an easy button for life :3 I'll be able to live comfortably, follow my desires, and help others on a pretty grand scale.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
Women.

Alright, alright, I'd have to choose power, because then I could just make myself rich and famous. I can't imagine a scenario where having power is a bad thing.

Living as a powerless nobody for my whole life is really getting tiring.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Well, if I learned anything from Calvin & Hobbes...

You should always opt for money, because then you can buy fame and power.

"I want to be famous for being able to afford to indulge in every whim!"

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Money. With nigh limitless money, I could do most anything I wanted. Don't like my house? I'll buy a new one. My car broken down? Screw taking it to a mechanic, I'll just buy a new one. Girl at the end of a bar? Send her a drink, and if she doesn't seem interested, I'll just send one to her cute friend. Hungry? Go out to eat.

Why not fame or power? Fame without money or power would get annoying. You'd be constantly bombarded anytime you went out. Imagine being a major celebrity, but without the mansion and security. And what good is Power without money?

Raizekage

May 31, 2011
I'm confused I was certain that:

money + fame = power

power = money
power = fame

Humble Grapefruit

Jun 17, 2011
Mo
Saltyk said:
Money. With nigh limitless money, I could do most anything I wanted. Don't like my house? I'll buy a new one. My car broken down? Screw taking it to a mechanic, I'll just buy a new one. Girl at the end of a bar? Send her a drink, and if she doesn't seem interested, I'll just send one to her cute friend. Hungry? Go out to eat.

Why not fame or power? Fame without money or power would get annoying. You'd be constantly bombarded anytime you went out. Imagine being a major celebrity, but without the mansion and security. And what good is Power without money?

Money, for the same reasons. Until inflation makes having all that money really annoying.

The Cor

Jun 21, 2011
Its impossible in this day and age that money, power and fame don't overlap. Money will always get you power possibly even fame, Power will get you fame most likely money and fame will always grant you power and money. Though I would prefer power and change some things around here.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
Raizekage said:
I'm confused I was certain that:

money + fame = power

power = money
power = fame
Well for the sake of the question assume you have power but no one knows you do and you can't use it to get money. If you could have all 3 with power it would be a crappy question.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Money, because I like material things and with money I can obtain these things. Also being famous is too much work with people always troubling you when your out and about and having power just leads you into politics that and everyone doesn't like you when you have a lot of power.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Money.

I would be nice to have finical security and know that I could give my folks some nice things. And lets face it, I would like to have all the game systems, a kickass PC, a nice reliable car(unlike my current one), fix up the house, and get some new guns.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Power, hate to sound like a huge idealist but I would really want to do something to help others.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Money.

Don't want fame at all. Power can be bought, although don't have much need for that either.

Jan 27, 2011
Lilani said:
Money. Because money would mean freedom to do what I desire. Like an easy button for life :3 I'll be able to live comfortably, follow my desires, and help others on a pretty grand scale.
Pretty much this.

If I have tons of free money...with my spending habits I should be able to live pretty comfortably for the rest of my life.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
Power

With the right kind of power you can achieve/acquire just about anything. Including the money I would want second. Fame is a giant waste of time and means nothing in the end. Why else would they have the saying "get your 15 minutes of fame", because people will always find something else to occupy themselves with.

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
I don't particularly want any of those, but I'm between money and power. Money would just make things a lot more laid back, but power would let me change the world in the way that I want it changed. Only drawbacks are that a) it'd likely make that change a lot easier than I'd prefer, and b) those changes may not be in the best interests of some people, and it needs to be a communal all of earth kind of thing.

So probably money.