Poll: MORAL CHOICE TIME... WOOHOO!

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
the hot guy girl thing since they seam to be the most useless and there fore the most expendable the robot is mostly human by my measure of a human so that really shouldn't be part of the decision

but then again this "moral choice" if you can call it that is fundamentally flawed

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
There is no unlimited liability with most people except soldiers. Your only moral choice is to go by yourself.

signingupforgames

Dec 20, 2009
supagama said:
AnythingOutstanding said:
shadow741 said:
AnythingOutstanding said:
shadow741 said:
The robot because I'm not an asshole or a complete retard.
Although I agree with sending the robot, what do you mean?

Do you have something against robots?
No, it's just that it's the most logical solution, and the only bad consequences are a bit of rust.
On that topic, who the hell would make a robot out of iron?

Iron is so outdated. Assuming it is the future and we have an abundance of resources, I would say that Titanium or Aluminium would be the best option. But eh, whatever.
the air is acid-y
If that's true how long would any of the humans survive if the air can eat through metal?

FirmlyUninformative

Nov 17, 2008
Sending the robot is completely out of the question for me. I'm guessing the fact that it's self-aware means that it would be horrendously expensive to manufacture a replacement unit, whereas any of the others who survive will actually continue drawing wages. I mean, what, is this a trick question or something?
And I'm not doing it because I'm not overly keen on the idea of dying.

As for who I would send out, there isn't really enough information about any of the others to make any one the preferable choice, so they can all go off and play rock, paper, scissors for it or whatever.
So long as I don't have to waste too much time and/or resources coercing any of them into going out there, it's all gravy.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
I'd throw out the asshole who sent us on this mission without sufficient protective equipment.

Real Answer: I'd send the robot out, assuming the trip through the hyper-acidic atmosphere doesn't destroy its AI, then repair it to a state sufficient to get us back home. If the robot can't go outside without being completely destroyed then I'd send either the minority or the hot thing, whoever is less useful to the mission. I also assume that, as the leader, I'm indispensable. In the unlikely event that the minority and the hot thing are both equally useful, I'd send out whichever one I liked the least. Since I would likely be more forgiving to the hot thing, I would be more likely to send out the minority than the hot thing.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Normally I'd say the robot, cause sentient or not their still a machine and their sentience is only cause currently their computer code has the ones and zeros in the right spot. However the robot is the only one that knows the way home.

I desire to live.

I'm tempted to say the minority, just cause I'd think it be funny to say that, but aside from that I wouldn't send one to their death based on skin color.

Scientist is going to need to make the cure.

Would of chose the alien, but that wasn't on the poll.

So the hot person dies. Because I'm assuming they've slept their way to the top and only got to be were they were in life based soley on their looks. I judge their life to be expendable.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Robot goes out. If they fail, the "minority" goes, since they seem to have no discernible value to the mission and aren't hot.

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
I was going to choose the alien since space is kinda his thing, but hes not in the poll

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
"you just hate me because I'm pretty!"
"yes, and now fuck off. *kicks*"
edit: I probably want the robot, as he's the only sane person >_> XD

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i voted for the scientist because they should be able to identify the plant the quickest. but if there was no need to id the plant. like its a simple go over there and pick it sort of job then id just draw straws excluding the robot cause he has more value than anyone else on the ship since he is the navigator.

also the scientist could start making the cure on the way home.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
Me. Because everyone else has value.

And for the record? This is a poorly-made hypothetical situation. Why not make it simple, like "You and some other people are trapped in a nuclear bunker after atomic holocaust, and you must kill one person to ensure your rations will last until the outside world is safe again. Survival is guaranteed if you make the kill, death is guaranteed if you don't."