Poll: Most Disappointing Game of 2011?

Magnicon

Nov 25, 2011
Nimcha said:
Magnicon said:
Its a generic run of the mill TES game that added nothing new of value, and removed some others. Its a "good" game, but compared to the hype from both Bioware and its fans, and the fact that they claimed it was their most ambitious project ever, it simply doesn't meet reasonable expectations.
Oh dear. I don't think Bioware made Skyrim...
You are correct, I get names starting with the same letter mixed up more often then I would like. Thankfully it doesn't change the point. Fixed.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Witcher II. I was expecting so much from that game, but it failed miserably. How can you make a PC exclusive that plays like a console port?

Euhan01

Mar 16, 2011
Generally a very good yeah. Biggest dissapointment - either Uncharted 3 or Battlefield 3 - esepcially due to online pass's.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
For me AC Revelations. Sure it'sstill good like ac 2 and brotherhood but its essentially the same just inva smaller city with more time wasting and distinct lack of actual assassinations so far. Please Ubisoft no more AC games for a couple of years, take time to make actual improvments like between the first two games and for the love of god have more than one city to explore. I like AC series I'd hate to see it ground into the dirt with yearly seqeuls.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Pokemon Black, though not by fault of the game. It was decent, mind you. I just did not like it, and I couldn't force myself to play though the rest of it. I gave up about 12 hours in and gave the game to my cousin

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Daget Sparrow said:
Brink. THAT was a colossal failure on my part. $90 down the drain...
You and me both. Also, Dragon Age 2 was a pretty dismal experience for me.

Mausthemighty said:
Dragon Age 2. I loved the first one, but the second one felt really rushed to me. The blatant re-use of the same dungeon map, the unrealisitic spawning of entire groups of enemies, the short story and limited exploration made this game a huge disappointment for me. I also hated what they did to Anders's character. I loved him in Awakenings (a wizard-version of Alistair), but in this one he was a very annoying character. I felt no remorse when I plunged a dagger in him.
I agree. I mean, I wasn't too keen on DA:Awakening, but I must admit I really loved Anders in it, especially with his remarks about Ser Pounce-a-lot. What in the hell did they do to him? :/

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
portal 2 for me, just being above average is a lot lower then "It will descend from the skies and lead us to the promised land, then give us some cake". perhaps those may have been unreasonable standards, but valve might as well have not made a portal sequel if they weren't going to meet them. it's not like portal NEEDED a sequel at all.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
Throwing out another Dragon Age 2 vote.

A near death-blow to a great franchise. If Dragon Age 3 is this bad, kiss it goodbye.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Major_Tom said:
Witcher II. I was expecting so much from that game, but it failed miserably. How can you make a PC exclusive that plays like a console port?
This one confused the heck out of me when I finally played it. It requires an extremely high end PC to max it out so only the most hardcore PC gamers would have an interest in it and it had so many awful UI decisions that reeked of console port. I know they were talking about releasing it on consoles later but that was easily an "if we can" comment I didn't think they would make it for consoles and use really high end graphics tech.

Dec 21, 2011
Karutomaru said:
It's not like there was anything to look forward to in 2011. It's been a pathetic year overall.
Seriously? Nothing to look forward to? Not even one game that got your hopes up? Or one that was at least "pretty good"? What did you play!?!

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
BF3 because without the addon, the destruction is minuscule. Can't destroy wagons in metro, can't destroy walls on grand bazaar... i didn't buy CoD, DICE, why you gave me CoD then?

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I bought and never played DA2 cause my friend borrowed it while I was playing DA1. As soon as he gave it back I traded it in. That was the only real negative this year imo.

I can't really form an opinion on best games though cause I've spent all year playing Minecraft...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
oh yay..one of thease[/I] threads

viking97 said:
portal 2 for me, just being above average is a lot lower then "It will descend from the skies and lead us to the promised land, then give us some cake". perhaps those may have been unreasonable standards, but valve might as well have not made a portal sequel if they weren't going to meet them. it's not like portal NEEDED a sequel at all.
well thankfully for me portal 2 took my expectations and blew them into space (hehe)

1. I was worried that it would be too short, it didnt feel too short at all and they really "upped" the anti, it felt suitibly epic

2. I was worried it would dick around with the ending...but no, an excellent balance of ambiguity and conclusion...satisfying, yet somthing left to the imagination

I would be happy if they didnt do a seaquel...

anyway I do find it funny that (when talking about hype) people blame others[/I] for their expectations

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
*Edit* Changed since I learnt to play it.

I'd say that the most dissapointing was Skyrim *Raises flame shield*.

It wasn't bad but despite my best efforts I got caught up in all the hype and expected a lot from it.
Sure I enjoyed playing the main questline once but then I got completely bored. I haven't really been able to force myself to play it now since it's a nice big open world that tries to pretend it's alive when it's actully dead.

I could of enjoyed it mpre but sadly I had my expectations raised too high thanks to games like STALKER and Mount and Blade.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Bear in mind that I didn't have time to play all of the big titles and those I've played are the ones I've really been looking forwards to.
My biggest disappointment is Saints Row The Third. It's not a bad game. It's actually quite good, but it's a game that I expected too much from. My hopes were loaded and expecting an improved Saints Row 2. I expected solid gold laced with tiny emeralds and diamonds when all I got was silver. Good game, but my biggest disappointment of 2011. As for the question in the poll, this has been a great year for gaming. Batman Arkham City is just totally awesome and I can't get enough of it. I had some expectations for it since I wasn't a very big fan of Asylum since I didn't complete it until October this year (I waited until I had a decent computer before playing it then forgot it until then), but it rolled over all my expectations and crushed them with its awesomeness.