Poll: Mr. Rogers is Evil Apparently, Says Fox and Friends

Lake Deuteronomy

Jun 6, 2010
"I, I.. I'm not worried about my generation, I think we're hard working, it's the next generation I'm worried about"

That. That single opinion, and anyone who has ever had it, anytime throughout history, is far more damaging than a tv show.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
(sing along, kids!) It's such a bad feeling to know Fox News is alive, it's such a crappy feeling they're growing in stride and when you wake up ready to say they're gonna make a crappy new day...

Fox News is a disgrace to my name.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Prof.Wood said:
100% correct
The man is not to blame it could be the parents fault (It usually is)
Actually, according to Freakonomics, the thing that has a great deal more impact upon a developing child than either media or parenting is peer influence.

So you people are messing each other up. You should be ashamed!

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
"The Champion stood, the rest saw their better, Mr Rogers in a Bloodstained sweater"

More ruthless than evil.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
Hollock said:
They don't seem to get that Nancy (the first one) was obviously being SARCASTIC!
I noticed that too, I was laughing so hard... "Youre right nancy, mr. rogers is to blame, not jen down the street who got her kids everything because she has money, nope" it was so obviously sarcastic and they took it SO seriously

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Marmooset said:
Prof.Wood said:
100% correct
The man is not to blame it could be the parents fault (It usually is)
Actually, according to Freakonomics, the thing that has a great deal more impact upon a developing child than either media or parenting is peer influence.

So you people are messing each other up. You should be ashamed!
To quote my mother: "You were a perfect child, a delight to raise, until I sent you to school and the other kids were a terrible influence on you."

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
Well seeing as this came from FOX news, I'm not going to take this too seriously

TheIr0nMike

Mar 3, 2008
I voted Fox and friends are evil, but I also wanted to choose that he could be. Not like pure evil, but like anti-hero evil.

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

fox is so stupid! xD

mr rogers was awesome, i remember watching tapes of him when i was little

but i guess that means im a self centered asshole now!

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Fox is not a legit new source. It's about as legit as The Onion but with a much smaller sense of humor.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
That is dumb. Anyway even if Mr. Rogers was evil he would be the most delightful overlord in existence.

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
Can someone give me a stronger insult than "fuck you!"? Mr. Rogers is like your nice grandfather, always having delicious hard candy and telling you stories about his childhood and showing off his collection of model trucks. Fox News accusing Mr. Rogers of being evil is like accusing my grandfather of being evil, and that shit makes me fucking angry! I'm going to go rage in a corner now.

Wait a second... Fox News is hyper-conservative. Republicans were the ones behind the No Child Left Behind policy. Fox News is angry at Mr. Rogers for making kids feel special without any merit. DOES NOT COMPUTE!

JuryNelson

Mar 3, 2010
Differences of opinion are too often treated as differences in reality.

Stretch this line of logic out, though. If you think that Mr. Rogers lied to kids by saying they were special, then you're saying that not every child is special. So is every life still precious?

We should fight for the rights of the unborn, but only if the fetus in question works hard?

But, I don't want to turn this into a discussion about that, because that's terrible.
The point is just this: FOX doesn't think you're special. Mr. Rogers does. Who's the evil one? The nice old man down the street who told you to use your imagination and taught you how grocery stores work? Or the vast, multinational news organization that routinely broadcasts suspect information during their "editorial" time slots, then repeats that during their "journalism" time slots?

Plus I heard that Mr. Rogers' arms were covered in tattoos, and that means he's not evil: he's bitchin'

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
Yes because kids shouldn't be recognized as special for simply being a unique individual. They should become one of the fold and spend all of their lives working to line the pockets of the rich.[/sarcasm]

This shouldn't be taken seriously, society has always been looking for scapegoats to blame their problems on.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Yeah, they're pushing it by exaggerating, but they do make a valid point about entitlement.