Poll: Music that needs to Die

just ban me

Sep 19, 2010
rap and hip hop need to go since they aren't really music in the end but just some dude ripping off good music as samples then talking over it half the time, what talent

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
None of the above and well, no music at all should be wiped out. I personally can't stand dance or pop but tbh I just don't listen to it so it doesn't bother me. In the few minutes in my day where I might hear the radio if it's something terrible then for me it just affirms my own taste by providing a comparison, sort of like the ugly person who makes you appreciate just how far above the curve the people with them are. Besides, if people like what I think of as crap music it means gig ticket prices stay down for the metal community and I'm all for that.

Johnwesleyharding

Sep 26, 2010
All of the above, but I don't necessarily endorse music murder. It means unnecessary regulation and interference into what is essentially a demand based industry.

Danish rage

Sep 26, 2010
some dude once said: "There is no such thing as bad music"

Anyway tween/teenpop has to go..fast.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Since when was Die a proper noun?
RAKtheUndead said:
Danish rage said:
I'd put that as "There's no such thing as good music, just stuff you like better than others."
Hear, hear!

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
Cheesy Country music about loving Jesus and/or The Flag, and wishing anyone who speaks ill of either of them dead by gunfire.

Yeah.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
Any music that mentions clubs, how rich they are, bitches, etc. Though I would include things like Kesha in this. Any music that by it's lyrics you get the impression the "artist" had a real hard time in the 5th grade and never really bounced back.

I'm all for any type of experimentation for music, even if the end result sounds bad, at least they tried. But the bullshit on the radio today which is just trash from record companies they pay people to perform honestly seems to be contributing to the decay of our culture and the minds of the people listening to it.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
Any music with -core on the end, which I guess is just a more specific version of one of the options you gave.

But yeah all of them need to die. Even if some are actually alright music the ideas behind it all I hate, except for the Gansta rap option, I don't mind it really, it's not the best rap, A Tribe Called Quest still takes that prize, but it's humours none the less.

Squeaky

Mar 6, 2010
RAKtheUndead said:
Danish rage said:
I'd put that as "There's no such thing as good music, just stuff you like better than others."
Id tend to agree i listen to pritty much every type of music anyway but iam very selective ;)

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Where is the option for Dutch folk music? Seriously we don't need more old men singing cheesy sing-a-long songs about some woman while drinking beer.

Poll-wise i'm going with rap, at least country partially inspired the rock genre.

Human_Sacrifice

Aug 11, 2010
Umm... I want to be specific about this; I'd go for mainstream rap. As in, the kind of rap with which everyone associates the word rap. That I hate, and apparently so do you guys :D

There are, however, specific rap songs that I think are clever, sometimes funny. Stuff that took time and effort to write. I'm referring to Bo Burnham. And possibly the Pokerap.