Poll: Music that needs to Die

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
Rap/hip hop is a big one.

The mainstream industry for the most part is way down in the tubes. Most of the idiots in it for the money like T-pain, Lil John, Kanye, Flo Rida, etc should all die in a hell storm fire.

I only like a select few and eminem is one of them. Some of his music is rather crude but the guy speaks what he thinks and doesn't really sell himself out and I can respect that.

Country is so bad its almost not worth mentioning it.

The mainstream pop can easily relate to the mainstream hip hop, in fact they overlap a lot.

Now before being called a hipster, I am mostly a fan of house electro and alternative rock. I went to a Deadmau5 rave this week and it was awesome. He is up there for my favorite DJ's. I also enjoy A Trak a lot. I envy you Canadians and your good DJ's.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Swollen Goat said:
None of the above. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean others should be deprived of it.
Yeah, like syphilis... Wouldn't want to deprive anyone of that just because I don't want it.

;)

MRMIdAS2k

Apr 23, 2008
Rap.

Although I somewhat like the irony of a guy talking for an hour and a half about killing people with various implements, walking offstage after uttering "peace", all the while there's 8 kids been shanked in the crowd for no reason.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
I had fun going through this thread reporting half the posts.

None of this needs to die. I don't like them, but that doesn't mean they're without merit.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
None, just because I don't like a certain genre or type of music doesn't mean it should be scourged from the earth? If you don't like then don't listen, it's as simple as fucking that!

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Pretty much all of them. But mostly R'n'B and all the crappy music it spawns. I remember when being a musician meant you could play and instrument and/or sing. Actually...no I can't.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I think the world would still Spin without Pop. I mean, nowadays, its rather lame. It used to be pop rock, but then pussyfied itself. sure, there was good pop and sometimes there still is. And its alot about mood really when you listen to it.

But it just bugs me that these disney stars and Justin Beiber types are getting all this recognition in the world when good bands go un noticed because they're flavor of the month. That, and that everyone acts all shocked when these teen sensations do something wrong (miley cyrus and all her stuff, Justin punching a kid out for callling him gay, katy perry not able to be on sesame street becuase appearantly in this day and age kids who watch sesame street have never seen cleavage before). They;re growing up, of course they're going to do this crap. You odnt need to make a story about it. I mean yeah, the concern is that they'll turn girls in to whores, but thats a small part of culture that does that for girls nowadays.

This was all spoken from the perspective of a guy, so maybe I need two X chromosomes instead of one and a Y to get it.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Iron Lightning said:
Minimalism, I. fucking. hate. minimalism. I hate it so much I'm willing to use improper grammar to emphasize how much I hate it. I especially dislike the new practice of covering minimalism by putting lyrics over a minimalist beat. We need more romance and neoclassical stuff. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the goddamn bloody baroque era of music.
Care to give an example of both?
Very well:
Minimalism:It's only okay as background music, which is not the intention of this piece.

Neoclassical:Now this was originally background music, but it's so awesome that it can take center stage.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:

None of this needs to die. I don't like them, but that doesn't mean they're without merit.
I've gone through all of this thread and saw nothing to report. Are you reporting people with a different opinion to yours?

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Nazulu said:
Rusty Bucket said:

I've gone through all of this thread and saw nothing to report. Are you reporting people with a different opinion to yours?
No, just the ones who were posting short, insulting and clearly inflammatory comments. Obviously half is a hyperbole, but there was definitely plenty in here that's against the forums rules.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
All rap 'music'. I fail to see how a beat and some dude doing [shitty] poetry is music. Calling rap music is like calling that fake wrestling on TV a sport...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.239578-Clearing-up-some-confusion-about-Wrestling-Fans?page=1
I'd like to point you over here...

strum4h

Jan 3, 2009
Dr. Whiggs said:
strum4h said:
Red Right Hand said:
Where is the none option? It's an incredibly arrogant statement to say that a musical genre shouldn't have the opportunity to be listened to. I dislike 90% of today's music but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist.

You do realise that if you posed that question to people who enjoy the majority of todays music then they would probably say metal and rock, right? I think you should stop acting so high and mighty and realise that people like different things to you.

Also, listen to this, might change your biased views on Techno.

This is not techno, it is trip hop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gdbHpd6vt4

Here is some more good music. I have seen and heard too much bad for one day.
No, it's garbage.

Actually, let's just call it "tailor-made for Adult Swim bumpers."
So all the music that Adult swim uses for bumpers is garbage? That is a bit broad.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
SadakoMoose said:
Assassin Xaero said:
All rap 'music'. I fail to see how a beat and some dude doing [shitty] poetry is music. Calling rap music is like calling that fake wrestling on TV a sport...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.239578-Clearing-up-some-confusion-about-Wrestling-Fans?page=1
I'm talking about this sort of wrestling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTJdDEVbQBE
Not sure if you knew that or not, but as for real wrestling (like high school sport type), well... I don't really care about it or any other sports (minus X-Games), but nothing against it.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
SadakoMoose said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I'm talking about this sort of wrestling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTJdDEVbQBE
Not sure if you knew that or not, but as for real wrestling (like high school sport type), well... I don't really care about it or any other sports (minus X-Games), but nothing against it.
Yes, I was well aware of that.
I am, in fact, a dedicated pro wrestling fan. That's what my thread is about. Clearing up misconceptions about PRO wrestling fans.
Please, read my thread.
It won't take long...