Poll: Muslim female "gang" beat up English women, but not jailed

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Midgeamoo said:
Why are you asking everybody in England about a horribly judged court case? They obviously had an extremely good lawyer and got away with a terrible crime, like this never happens in any other country? This has nothing to do with England's law or it's people, I'd suggest a different title for the thread.

Why does the fact that their excuse originated from their old religious practices have anything to do with it, their defence is not their book, its the fact that their book used to force them not to drink (admittedly a poor defence), but they were not 'let off' on religious terms.

Also that's the daily mail, take every 'fact' you see in there with a pinch of salt.
Riven is right, I'm sickened by it but there's nowt I can do to change the ruling. It is, however, beyond ridiculous and it's a horrible example of how scared our authorities are to punish anyone simply because they can hide behind their religion or culture.

Benni88

Oct 13, 2011
I read the author's post and gave up. I've read enough racist shrieking on the news/social networks feeds to throw my hands up in despair at how easily people want to be persuaded that "English" people are being discriminated against in their own country.

Fuck off. Stop looking for an excuse to create divisions which shouldn't exist in the first place.

(Condolences to the poor girl who got beaten up.)

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
mega48man said:
what the hell? THIS IS F**KING BULLSHIT!!! pardon my french but WHAT THE F**KING PASTRY RAPIST **** IS THAT ALL ABOUT!?!?
It's about a tabloid newspaper manipulating a story for their own ends. A totally original and shocking occurence, I know!

mega48man said:
i don't give a damn what religion you are, if you break the laws of whatever country/state/province/colony/cobra ruled nation you're in, you must be punished! that's the law!
I agree. Luckily, as several posters with a better understanding of the legal process than I have pointed out, they have been punished. A suspended sentence is, from what I understand, a sword of Damocles that hangs over your head. Fuck up again and you're in big, big trouble.

mega48man said:
except for protesting here in america; i still can't figure out why cops don't respect our people's freedom of assembley, free speech, and the right to question the government which is a right that the god damn founding fathers gave us.
If those rights aren't protected, how come you're allowed to have OWS movements, Tea Party rallies, and all the other stuff that goes on? I'd have thought that if you didn't have these rights the cops would have shut down all these protests and parades before they occured.

mega48man said:
maybe this is WHY drinking isn't permitted in the Quran (spelt with a Q you ignorant bastard. i'm a white atheist and even i know that)
Also spelt Qu'ran, Koran and a whole bunch of others. The language doesn't translate perfectly into English; look at bin Laden. Variously called Osama, Usama and so on. As such, there's no definitive way to spell the word in English as far as I know.

mega48man said:
because maybe, just maybe, Muhammed recognized the effects of alcohol when he lived in poverty on the streets and watched the corruption of man go by and saw that GETTING WASTED CAN LEAD TO MISTAKES. doesn't taking a f**king prophet to see that, not that i'm against drinking, i'm drinking as i type this, just don't spend your earnings at the bar with your sisters plus 1 cousin so you can banter about the white man to each other.
I don't even follow that. Mohammed was correct that drinking is idiocy, but you don't oppose drinking in general. You only oppose drinking when people get drunk and "banter about the white man"?

mega48man said:
seriously, what the f**k england, what the f**k? the image that brings to my mind is that scene from Sweeny Todd when Alan Rickman (the corrupt judge) sentences the young boy to death just because he can.
Yes. Apart from being nothing like that, this situation is exactly like that!

The women didn't "get off", they were punished as anyone else would be. They didn't use being Muslim as a defence, merely as a way to explain what they saw as extenuating circumstances. The judge didn't "go easy" on them because he was afraid of reprisals from the Islamic community or because of some pro-Islam conspiracy in the judicial system, he punished them as he'd have punished anyone else. How the fuck is this case anything at all like a corrupt judge sentencing people to death just because they can?!

mega48man said:
in america, we have hippies and disenchanted college students with video phones to prevent that sort of thing. and guns, we have guns, that gave us dirty harry, thank god.
Oh yeah, I'm sure a bunch of drunk people brawling in the street would be way less dangerous if they all had guns!

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
postblitz said:
I don't agree with tabloids or reading too much into a situation but surely this has to strike englishmen in their hearts as they really are taken over by muslims.
Funny how it's only a very, very small minority of we Englishmen who've even noticed that we've been conquered, and by some strange coincidence those people almost inevitably tend to be small-minded reactionary dipshits who will take a case like this and make it all about religion.

postblitz said:
I'm not english but that's just my opinion. gl in what was once your land
Still our land. It's also the Muslims land too. If you're an English citizen, this is your land regardless of what your bloody religion is or isn't.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
It's one law for us and one law for them as no-one wants to upset them as they all get irate and start rioting. Most of the worlds violent hotspots today are Muslim countries and it seems to be spreading.
I am worried what kind of world my kids will be living in when they are grown up.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Tourette said:
It's one law for us and one law for them as no-one wants to upset them as they all get irate and start rioting.
Which nobody else would ever do, right? Those riots that swept the country a few months ago must have been a bunch of uppity Muslims, not a mix of all ages, sexes, races and religions?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
JordanMillward_1 said:
I don't actually like sports all that much - politics and law are much more interesting to me.
I get pretty bored by both, to be honest :p

JordanMillward_1 said:
I know, I'm a bad Englishman... *hangs his head in shame*
I think this thread has shown that we are both really crap at being Englishmen; we're not calling for the abolishment of Islam and demanding that the government bring back hanging. Man, we suck at being true Brits.

JordanMillward_1 said:
I do sort of support Liverpool though! And yea, they do suck sometimes, but they're doing better!
I am indifferent, but my family all support Southampton so I suppose I'm a Saint by proxy - I always know how they're doing even though I don't give a damn!

Daeric

Oct 27, 2011
Tourette said:
It's one law for us and one law for them as no-one wants to upset them as they all get irate and start rioting. Most of the worlds violent hotspots today are Muslim countries and it seems to be spreading.
I am worried what kind of world my kids will be living in when they are grown up.
If you really believe thats the case, may I refer you to the Bradford Race riots of 2001.

What started as just some white youths rioting only turned into a race riot due to the sheer idiocy of these people deciding it would be awesome to target police and Asian cars and business only.

Want to know who got the heaviest sentence in the aftermath, it was only Mohammed Ilyas for his firebomb attack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Bradford_riots

El Danny

Dec 7, 2008
Tourette said:
One judge making a silly decision does not mean it's the collapse of society.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
postblitz said:
surely this has to strike englishmen in their hearts as they really are taken over by muslims.

I'm not english but that's just my opinion. gl in what was once your land
You wouldn't happen to be the woman in that tram video would you?

The bigotry shown in this thread by some is very disappointing.

Vanguard_Ex said:
Riven is right, I'm sickened by it but there's nowt I can do to change the ruling. It is, however, beyond ridiculous and it's a horrible example of how scared our authorities are to punish anyone simply because they can hide behind their religion or culture.
But that's probably just BS from the paper. Here are the actual facts...

1) They were convicted and found GUILTY so they were not just let off (read other posts on what suspended sentence actually means)
2) It is common in the UK (and many countries) for people of all religions and races to be given a suspended sentence on a first offense, especially when they plead guilty as happenned here, in an attempt to give people a second chance and turn them around.
3) The only published quote from the Judge (in the Sun) referred to a mitigating sentencing factor being that they may have had some reasonable belief that they the BF's response was excessive and that agrevated the situation
4) There are NO quotes from the court, the judgement, or the judge even mentioning ethnicity or religion. We know that was a mitigating factor the defense put forward, but in such sitations you put everything you can think of forward and hope something sticks. It doesn't mean it was accepted by the court

The entire headline is designed to be sensational but it is without any evidence backing up the fact that anything like that actually happenned. Basically it likely people who believe that headline are being suckers.
Exactly! At least I'm not the only one willing to try to educate people as to British law, and show them that buying into the headline of a renown bigot newspaper is a stupid thing to do.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
Tourette said:
Other than you being entirely wrong, you're obviously entirely right!

Also, you stole my avatar ;)

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
I get pretty bored by both, to be honest :p
That's fair, my missus finds it boring after a while too :p Good job we have computer gaming, technology, science, history and fiction in common, eh?!

SonicWaffle said:
I think this thread has shown that we are both really crap at being Englishmen; we're not calling for the abolishment of Islam and demanding that the government bring back hanging. Man, we suck at being true Brits.
I know! I'm a terrible Brit - I don't hate the EU (it's not too bad, most of the time), I don't hate immigrants (most of them work harder and are more pleasant than most of the white 'proper Brits'), respect all religions (anything taken to extreme is bad, but I respect people who can actually sacrifice stuff in their lives to live to a set of moral rules, as long as those rules don't negatively impact me), and generally find the idea of anyone, regardless of sexuality, being able to get married to be a good thing that helps strengthen people's bonds of love.

SonicWaffle said:
I am indifferent, but my family all support Southampton so I suppose I'm a Saint by proxy - I always know how they're doing even though I don't give a damn!
Most of my family support Everton, I just started supporting Liverpool when I was about 7 to piss them all off - at least I like the better team, though! :p

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Volf99 said:
So I was on another forum and somebody brought up this article about a group of girls that apparently went up to another girl and proceed to beat the crap out of her until the police came. The victim claims that,

"We were just minding our own business but they kept shouting ?white *****? and ?white slag? at me. When I turned around one of them grabbed my hair then threw me on the ground.
?They were taking turns to kick me over and over. I thought they were going to kill me."

However when it came to sentencing the "girl gang", the article states that:

"Ambaro Maxamed, 24, students Ayan Maxamed, 28, and Hibo Maxamed, 24, and their 28-year-old cousin Ifrah Nur each admitted actual bodily harm, which carries a maximum sentence of five years? imprisonment.

But Judge Robert Brown gave them suspended jail terms after hearing mitigation that as Muslims, the women were not used to being drunk. The Koran prohibits Muslims from consuming alcohol, although Islamic teachings permit its use for medicinal purposes".

So, as the title states, England (or to be specific English court/judges), what the hell? How does the excuse "the women were not used to being drunk [because] [t]he Koran prohibits Muslims from consuming alcohol" sound logical? What does it matter what religion the accused practice? What about you escapist, what do you think about the situation?

Here is the article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html

EDIT: People have asked to see other sites that have reported this, so here you go:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8938468/Attack-on-Rhea-Page-captured-on-CCTV-in-Leicester.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3981429/Muslim-girl-gang-who-kicked-woman-in-head-freed-after-court-hears-they-were-not-used-to-drinking.html

http://www.carbonated.tv/blogs/judge-frees-muslim-girls-who-beat-up-woman-after-hearing-they-are-not-used-to-being-drunk-video

http://www.anorak.co.uk/304408/news/sun-telegraph-and-daily-mail-use-rhea-pages-attackers-to-bash-muslims-with-dishonest-reporting.html/

To me, the logic seems flawed, or at least incomplete. An interesting point is made about the Qur'an and alcohol, but did the lawyer/judge prove that they followed the Qur'an as they should? Maybe they were more lax, or maybe they drank as a sign of rebellion. This needs to explained or looked into. The logic does not hold up if they had drank more than once, or if getting drunk was a common occurrence. Just something to think about.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
boyvirgo666 said:
You sure have apparently never had chocolate covered bacon, last time for me i woke up with my mouth covered in chocolate with 3 dead calfs and charles bronson
I have had a bar of chocolate with bacon bits in it!

It was fucking revolting! My ex bought it for me last Christmas, we ended up taking it home for dinner to see how many of my family we could trick into eating a piece. My mum nearly puked :p
Nah you gotta make it fresh with good chocolate. its amazing, i can see how that bar would suck, dried bacon in cheap chocolate would be awful.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
boyvirgo666 said:
SonicWaffle said:
boyvirgo666 said:
You sure have apparently never had chocolate covered bacon, last time for me i woke up with my mouth covered in chocolate with 3 dead calfs and charles bronson
I have had a bar of chocolate with bacon bits in it!

It was fucking revolting! My ex bought it for me last Christmas, we ended up taking it home for dinner to see how many of my family we could trick into eating a piece. My mum nearly puked :p
Nah you gotta make it fresh with good chocolate. its amazing, i can see how that bar would suck, dried bacon in cheap chocolate would be awful.
Well, there's also the fact that it wasn't really bacon or chocolate; it was imported from the USA, and thus made from both their nasty-ass chocolate and their fucking weird bacon.

Perhaps a combination of Danepak and Dairy Milk would be a winner?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
JordanMillward_1 said:
That's fair, my missus finds it boring after a while too :p Good job we have computer gaming, technology, science, history and fiction in common, eh?!
We do? I don't think we know each other nearly that well yet ;-)

JordanMillward_1 said:
I know! I'm a terrible Brit - I don't hate the EU (it's not too bad, most of the time)
I don't hate the EU, but I'm not the biggest fan either. To me it seems (and bear in mind my major news source is The Sun - it's ridiculous and I read it for the humour content, but I guess some stuff seeps through) like the weaker countries will just drag down the stronger, especially in times of crisis. Mostly because Europe has too much history; everyone has invaded, pillaged or bombed everyone else at some point and we've all got grudges.

JordanMillward_1 said:
I don't hate immigrants (most of them work harder and are more pleasant than most of the white 'proper Brits')
I'm not so sure about that part. The working hard bit, that is, not the not hating immigrants! Sure, they work hard and do the shitty jobs, but there's a segment of every population that gets stuck with the shitty end of the stick.

JordanMillward_1 said:
respect all religions (anything taken to extreme is bad, but I respect people who can actually sacrifice stuff in their lives to live to a set of moral rules, as long as those rules don't negatively impact me)
I try to respect people regardless of religion, but I can't say I respect the religions themselves.

JordanMillward_1 said:
and generally find the idea of anyone, regardless of sexuality, being able to get married to be a good thing that helps strengthen people's bonds of love.
Wow. Went a bit 60's-era hippie towards the end there :p

I do agree, though. Let gay people get married, what difference does it make? I've never understood the "destruction of traditional marriage" argument. If you feel that your marriage is somehow worth less because gay people can do it too, then clearly your marriage doesn't mean very much anyway.

JordanMillward_1 said:
Most of my family support Everton, I just started supporting Liverpool when I was about 7 to piss them all off - at least I like the better team, though! :p
My limited knowledge of sports tells me that of the two, Everton is better in my eyes, purely for having the better nickname; "the toffees" versus "thieving scouse bastards" ;-)