Poll: muslim scare:us and europe.do you beleive it's happening?

Dec 27, 2010
redeemer09 said:
simple qestion.found out europe is blaming muslims for te increase in raping and that sharia law is infecting the us and europe.along with this notion that the muslims are trying to take over the world (and establish a religous dictatorship)
What do you mean by "...Europe is blaming...."? Sorry but I dont know whether your referring to:
a)A comment by a politician.
b)A comment by a religious/ political group based in Europe.
c)A study by European researchers.
d)A statement by a European government.
e)A statement by the EU (which I highly doubt).

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Muslims aren't taking over the world, Muslim traditions like halal meat are kind of taking off in britain.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
White and nerdy said:
ninja51 said:
Some better grammer would be nice, but yes, any time we are at war with someone or somthing, naturaly people are led to believe in sorts that the enemy is a vile thing to the core. Japanese, Germans, British, Africans, Pacific Islanders, whenever people are at war (or making war) with somthing, the populous starts to take that racist ignorant stance, usually led on by the government or parts of the media.

Unfortunatly its led to a big resurgence in white supremacists in America. The Tea Party is a thing... Ugh... Breaks my heart everytime I think about that.
How is the Tea Party a White Supremacy thing? Please, do explain.
Calling it a white supremacy thing is going a bit overboard, but there are definitely racial overtones (undertones?) to the whole thing. They used Martin Luther King day to talk about reclaiming America and it was a sea of white faces. There have been other incidents too - probably a few up on Wikipedia.

But really, the biggest worry is that these people look to fucking Sarah Palin for leadership.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
ThisIsSnake said:
Woodsey said:
He's not quit as spinny as a mad man with a chalkboard, he still uses a lot of fucking rhetoric. And that link doesn't go to the video anyway, just his page.

It is quite funny that he's got a video about how silly it is to believe the stuff about Jew's controlling the world, given how much he gets off on the notion that Muslims are trying it.
Damn, I forgot how to do embeds P:. It was "Name the poison" I was after. Rhetoric and opinion he has but he goes out of his way not to lie to people, including offering rebuttals to earlier videos.

I think there's a big difference to modern Judaism and Islam. Rabbis are rarely seen calling on Jews to kill people who draw Moses, or openly calling for Judaism to take over the world.
Err... yeah. Muslim leaders outside of the Middle East tend (that's a very sarcastic "tend") not too either.

And as someone else has pointed out, he cites The Daily Mail a number of times - so yeah. Anyway, I'll look at the video tomorrow. I have a feeling I know how he's interpreted these statistics, but we shall see.

Jan 27, 2011
*Canadian here*

I have nothing against Muslims in General...but those few odd lunatics who kill their daughters for loving someone that they don't approve of in order to "preserve her honor", or those who think that a girl showing her face and/or using any kind of lipstick/makeup makes them a whore, or cry loudly that all must follow the Koran "for all those who don't are filthy infidels"....Yeah, THOSE guys piss me off. THOSE guys I hate with a passion.

Then again, I hate ALL extremists, be they Christian, Muslim, "HARDGOOOOORE" gamer, or any other faction. I don't mind any of the above groups on their own, but if they start acting like extremists...I hate their damn guts. Extremism leads to nothing but suffering, fear, and brainwashing.

Fortunately, they don't appear to be a majority outside of the middle east. They're like the westboro of the eastern world, only they are serious about it.

Kachiporra

Oct 19, 2010
no idea, I have never met a muslim in my country.
I have some friends from usa an they seem a bit paranoic about them

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
um...that's a hard question to answer.
since the terrorist who attacked us happen to be Muslim and a vast majority of anti-US terrorist (not all mind you) happen to be Muslim, there is a slight unease between average Americans and the Muslim majority. me..i'm not scared, the ones I've met are very pro american and try to set good examples.

I do not think there is a Muslim problem like some say, but i believe their is a Muslim EXTREMIST problem.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Woodsey said:
White and nerdy said:
ninja51 said:
Some better grammer would be nice, but yes, any time we are at war with someone or somthing, naturaly people are led to believe in sorts that the enemy is a vile thing to the core. Japanese, Germans, British, Africans, Pacific Islanders, whenever people are at war (or making war) with somthing, the populous starts to take that racist ignorant stance, usually led on by the government or parts of the media.

Unfortunatly its led to a big resurgence in white supremacists in America. The Tea Party is a thing... Ugh... Breaks my heart everytime I think about that.
How is the Tea Party a White Supremacy thing? Please, do explain.
Calling it a white supremacy thing is going a bit overboard, but there are definitely racial overtones (undertones?) to the whole thing. They used Martin Luther King day to talk about reclaiming America and it was a sea of white faces. There have been other incidents too - probably a few up on Wikipedia.

But really, the biggest worry is that these people look to fucking Sarah Palin for leadership.
personally i think the racial overtones (or undertones) are either unintentional or projected by others to seem that way.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I can only speak about the muslim culture in Holland, and I can safely say that it sucks and I'm glad that I'm not muslim woman.

I don't dislike Islam because of terrorism, I dislike it because it refuses to get with the times and start treating its female congragation with a little bit of fucking respect.

If this makes me an intolerant boogeyman, so be it.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
When I read World War Z, they said something about how, during wars, the media tries making the enemy look as inhuman as possible, so morale in the country would rise.

I doubt people believe Muslims are the cause of their problems. I doubt that many people even care about the war anymore.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
It was in the media and the country's interests to make everyone terrified and spiteful towards Muslims for about ten years straight. And yes, I believe they succeeded. Most, if not all, anti-Islam arguments I've seen are based in irrationality.

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
Woodsey said:
ThisIsSnake said:
Woodsey said:
He's not quit as spinny as a mad man with a chalkboard, he still uses a lot of fucking rhetoric. And that link doesn't go to the video anyway, just his page.

It is quite funny that he's got a video about how silly it is to believe the stuff about Jew's controlling the world, given how much he gets off on the notion that Muslims are trying it.
Damn, I forgot how to do embeds P:. It was "Name the poison" I was after. Rhetoric and opinion he has but he goes out of his way not to lie to people, including offering rebuttals to earlier videos.

I think there's a big difference to modern Judaism and Islam. Rabbis are rarely seen calling on Jews to kill people who draw Moses, or openly calling for Judaism to take over the world.
Err... yeah. Muslim leaders outside of the Middle East tend (that's a very sarcastic "tend") not too either.

And as someone else has pointed out, he cites The Daily Mail a number of times - so yeah. Anyway, I'll look at the video tomorrow. I have a feeling I know how he's interpreted these statistics, but we shall see.
He cites the daily mail but simple google searches show the bbc, telegraph etc also reporting the stories. There are also the Channel 4 Dispatches episodes focused on undercover investigations of Mosques which showed extremist preachers at some of the largest Mosques in the UK, openly telling impressionable muslim children and teenagers to not talk or associate with children who aren't Muslim.

Public idiots like Abu Hamza and Anjem Choudary don't exactly help.

The main issue in Britain seems to be the shady Saudi Arabian funding of most Mosques pushing forward the extreme Wahhabism/Salafism style of Islam which has very negative effects on community cohesion.

I apologise if I come off as some kind of bigot but I've spent all my life basically near places like Savile Town, Dewsbury and Bradford. Tensions can get pretty high around here.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
The thing is here, there is a bit of validity to these fears- but its misplaced in peoples' ignorance.

In many ways, Islam has been the religion of many foreward thinking people- just look at the women politicians, mathematical advancements and eye surgery that was going on in empires based on Islam during Europe's dark ages.

But as any religion goes, its all down to peoples' interpretations.
Female circumcision? Honor killings? All that other terrible stuff going on? Its because insane zealots got in power in many parts of the Middle East, and are funded by the isolated wealth that comes from oil.
And honestly? Its a cultural thing. In these sorts of places in the Middle East and North Africa, Christians and Jews subjugate women to the same standards as the habits we typify with Islam.

Its like if Misogynist Klansmen took over several countries and we were persecuting all Christians for their insanity.

And, need I remind everyone afraid of Islam, there are as many Muslims in the world as there are Christians?

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
At least from what I've seen in the states, a lot of anti-Muslim sentiment from 9/11 has calmed down. Don't get me wrong, it's still there, but no way near as bad as it was immediately after the Twin Towers.

It's Europe that's worrying me. France banning the hijab and burqa? Baaaad choice, frenchies.

Heartcafe

Feb 28, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
Yes, it exists. I apologize in advance for this, but Muslims do frighten me. I know it's irrational, and this fear does not stop me from treating them with the same respect that I treat any other human being, but every time someone tells me they are Muslim, or they show evidence that they are, a little warning bell goes off in the back of my mind. Was it there before 9/11? No. It wasn't even there immediately after it. It slowly grew as I saw reports and stories about how a trusted neighbor turned out to be a bomber. How a soldier, someone who other people trusted their lives with, gunned down his fellow soldiers. How a stranger walked up and asked two men if they were from the U.S., and when they said yes he shot them. You ask the friends and family of the people who committed these crimes, and they always say the same thing: "We had no idea. He was such a nice guy. He did this, and that, etc." They all seemed like nice people, but they committed unbelievable acts in the name of their faith. That frightens me. And yes, I know every other religion has done this too.

Is it fair? No. Logical? No. Do I know that the vast majority of Muslims are just as kind and loving as everyone else? Yes. Shouldn't I be afraid of everyone else just as much, because anyone could do those things? Yes. Am I? No. Do I believe Muslims are responsible for all the problems everywhere? No. Do I believe they will take over the world? No. But somewhere, in the dark corners of my mind, whenever I think I see a Muslim (whether he or she actually is one or not), my body will be slightly more on guard than it will be around other people.

My mother is Muslim and she experiences this all the time. (Not that I'm saying the poster is a bad person XD I'm glad that poster is nice enough to not judge Muslims as bad people right away.)

In fact, she feels the exact opposite while she's in the states. When we visit the US, she feel nervous because she wears the headscarf feels that people staring at her all the time. She's always cautious with Americans that she doesn't know because she fears that one of them might hurt her or something like that. (Which I found weird considering she's married to my Dad, who happens to be an American.)

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
The Muslim thing has replaced the Red Scare of propaganda fame. Muslims with ill-intentions towards non-Muslims exist, but it's probably being overblown in sensationalist news (FOX!) to make people paranoid. Look for a movie by the end of 2013 made by a Kanley Stubrick about the Doomsday Suicide Bomber.