Poll: muslim scare:us and europe.do you beleive it's happening?

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
ravensheart18 said:
ThisIsSnake said:
Scoffy89 said:
Europe is blaming Muslims for the increase in rape? How did they get to that conclusion?
Because of the statistics that show this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/patcondell?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/1/sEsWO4xep44
I see a video blogger... any actual citation from a source that isn't known to be biased?
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article190268.ece

Norway's largest newspaper.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/may/25/prisonsandprobation.ukcrime

British Left Wing paper.

If you want you can look for yourself.

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
FalloutJack said:
The Muslim thing has replaced the Red Scare of propaganda fame. Muslims with ill-intentions towards non-Muslims exist, but it's probably being overblown in sensationalist news (FOX!) to make people paranoid. Look for a movie by the end of 2013 made by a Kanley Stubrick about the Doomsday Suicide Bomber.
fox blowing shit out of purportion .whats new?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
White and nerdy said:
Woodsey said:
White and nerdy said:
ninja51 said:
Some better grammer would be nice, but yes, any time we are at war with someone or somthing, naturaly people are led to believe in sorts that the enemy is a vile thing to the core. Japanese, Germans, British, Africans, Pacific Islanders, whenever people are at war (or making war) with somthing, the populous starts to take that racist ignorant stance, usually led on by the government or parts of the media.

Unfortunatly its led to a big resurgence in white supremacists in America. The Tea Party is a thing... Ugh... Breaks my heart everytime I think about that.
How is the Tea Party a White Supremacy thing? Please, do explain.
Calling it a white supremacy thing is going a bit overboard, but there are definitely racial overtones (undertones?) to the whole thing. They used Martin Luther King day to talk about reclaiming America and it was a sea of white faces. There have been other incidents too - probably a few up on Wikipedia.

But really, the biggest worry is that these people look to fucking Sarah Palin for leadership.
You mean the Martin Luther King Jr. Day Rally where MLK's own daughter spoke for the Tea Party? And, yes, heaven forbid a movement be composed of mostly white people in a country where white people make up over 70% of the population. Just because white people like it doesn't make it racist; this isn't 1959. And, honestly, do you even know what they stand for, or are you just regurgitating what you saw on the media? When Tea Party rallies speak about reclaiming America, it has nil to do with racial relations. It's entirely based on the structure of our Government, the rights of the people, and what role government should be playing in our lives.
There are racial aspects to it. Not from those heading it up particularly, and its not the main intention of the group, but they are there. The point was, it was very poorly thought out; if you know most of the people in your movement are white and middle class, you don't then take the exact day and spot of a black civil rights movement to talk about how terrible your life is. Especially when you, your political leaning and the people who support you (the thing was organised by Glenn Beck) have an image problem in relation to other races.

As for his daughter speaking for the Tea Party at the event, can't find that.

this isnt my name said:
Im just going to say yes and yes.

Im a "xenophobe" (its not fear, just dont like them), I dont like other cultures in my country.

I also dislike Islam becuase :

I dislike thier prophet.
The stuff in the Quran.
People who like the above things.

Yes I see it as a real issue, immigrants come here, ve families, but no one goes to thier countries and lives as a different culture. Its a one way thing. That is fucked up, just kep everyone seperated, its equal. And my ancestos sure as hell didnt make this country what it is for foreign cultures, so im no going to be happy about them just showing up and channg shit. If thier culture is so great why move here ? Any benefits are a result of our culture, asimilate or GTFO.

Im going to get flak becuase thissite is insanely one sided whenit comes to politics.
Are you American or British (or neither)?

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I believe it is to a certain extent. Some people are easily scared into a frenzy over this kind of thing. Others are trying to be more reasonable and not blame the whole Muslim community. I don't think the "Muslim Scare" is taken to the extreme as much as perhaps the "Red Scare", but of course I wouldn't truly know because that was before my time anyways.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Here in Canada there is a little fear but not in the same way. Alot of muslems here are pushing for changes to be made to make things more like where they came from which people don't like mostly because they are ussually really silly or biast and why move here if you want things like where you came from? A few of the things that bother people are like how muslum cops can wear a turban and not the hat which is part of the uniform or the whole happy holidays over merry chirstmas thing and all the other little things that intales.

Just a whole lot of little changes like that people simply do not like,

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
this isnt my name said:
Im just going to say yes and yes.

Im a "xenophobe" (its not fear, just dont like them), I dont like other cultures in my country.

I also dislike Islam becuase :

I dislike thier prophet.
The stuff in the Quran.
People who like the above things.

Yes I see it as a real issue, immigrants come here, ve families, but no one goes to thier countries and lives as a different culture. Its a one way thing. That is fucked up, just kep everyone seperated, its equal. And my ancestos sure as hell didnt make this country what it is for foreign cultures, so im no going to be happy about them just showing up and channg shit. If thier culture is so great why move here ? Any benefits are a result of our culture, asimilate or GTFO.

Im going to get flak becuase thissite is insanely one sided whenit comes to politics.
Wow...I mean, really, wow

Where are you from exactly?

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
The scare exists, It's not as big as they'd have you believe but it exists.
I'm sure it's worse in America what with the scapegoating of Muslims on Fox news than Europe. Europe's just wary or immigration in general which is sad (but having read the links I dug up justified)

The increase of rape in Europe is related to the increase of immigration from eastern Europe and Northern and West Africa which was picked up initial by a increase of rape in Italy and several rapes of journalists in French refugee/immigration camps as well as a spike in Scandinavian women being raped by Muslim immigrants.

News articles about increase of rape cases in northern Europe involving immigrants:
http://www.eutimes.net/2008/04/scandinavian-countries-face-increasing-numbers-of-rape/
http://www.globalpolitician.com/25869-sweden-immigration-islam

weker

May 27, 2009
redeemer09 said:
simple qestion.found out europe is blaming muslims for te increase in raping and that sharia law is infecting the us and europe.along with this notion that the muslims are trying to take over the world (and establish a religous dictatorship)
Partly I think, Muslims are still a culture that haven't fully adapted as well as other cultures and possibly are more resistant as well. They need to conform otherwise they will always leave friction in our society.

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
redeemer09 said:
simple qestion.found out europe is blaming muslims for te increase in raping and that sharia law is infecting the us and europe.along with this notion that the muslims are trying to take over the world (and establish a religous dictatorship)
lol what?

I think you may be exaggerating, yes there is more promament islamaphobia right now but I wouldn't say that it is as bad as the hate against say Germans during WWI + WWII.

In fact in the UK there is a large Islamic population so you would have to be pretty isolated or willfully ignorant (hello readers of The Sun!) to beleave any of the scare mongering myths and sterotypes about islam are true.

Crayven

Plum tickler
Mar 28, 2011
I live in London, I have a lot to fear. London has dealt with a lot of terrorists before so that isn't a massive thing in the greater picture.
I'm scared most of the time I'm outside, I see someone who isn't like me I'm going be more careful.
My upbringing was if you don't know them, don't trust them.
I fear The Islamic religion, for from what I understand of it, no one has much freedom. Bur the people, I don't mind as long as they don't bother me. I have a guy who lives below me who is Islamic and we don't bother each other and I'm not scared of him.
But on my way home from work, I was next to a bus stop, not far from two Muslim guys, slightly overweight. More likely to talk to you, then stab you or so it seemed.
It was late and id had my iPod on all day, so I was just standing there with my earphones on but the iPod dead.
Anyway, they had a very intense conversation, about how the country had no morals, how women went around like harlots and it would never happened in an Islamic country. Praising the morals of ssharia law and how the world would be a better place if everyone practised it.

The only idea I had to all this was why such men with such ideas live here? Yes theres a scare here, but its more like another group to watch out for.

BarberToad

Apr 22, 2011
In Switzerland we had a particularly embarrassing display of Muslim fear.

It happened about 2 years ago, where a bunch of bloody morons suggested a ban on minarets to be built. Hell I never heard of them before, and here we were freaking out about a religious building that barely existed in our country and yet (apparently) could threaten our society!
I remember the posters that displayed the towers like they were missiles.....
Anyways at the end the referendum was passed and a LOT of people were pissed about it, AND just at the same time a call to ban weapons from being shipped abroad didn't get enough positive votes..........democracy sucked that year.

Personally I don't know enough of the Muslim faith to give a just criticism, I will just say that in all religions and sciences, the majority would usually be a well-balanced lot but you'll always have the odd-ball bunch of fanatics that darkens the reputation of said belief.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
If I understand your question, in the sense that are people (Rightly or wrongly, I can't really say) afraid of muslims? A substantial group of people are, yes.

As for if it's valid or not? that's a whole other topic I don't have enough reliable information on to go into. All I've heard is hearsay and the media (and we all know how reliable they can be -.-)

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
the thread is not 100% exact. Where I live (belgium) we arn't afraid of the muslim faith. It's just that alot of certrain crimes are commited by foreigners. Typically those you would associate with muslim faith. The crimes i'm talking about are: stealing, beating people up, rape, murder, etc...

The latest scare was when in a subway a guy was walking around waiting for his train. 3 young foreigners jump him. Beat him senseless. Throw him over the balcony onto the train rails... And they didn't steal anything. Just wanted to kill him I guess.

We have a town here where law does not exist. They finally send in the army when a gang took a bazooka (I am not kidding here) and blew up town hall. A similar town is called 'molenbeek'. Gangs hide molotov cocktails in the garbage cans just in case a cop shows up. They also call the cops for an emergency to lure them over. And when they arrive. They start shooting at them with machine guns. Overall its not that bad in all of the country. But around our capital brussels its really going to sh*t. We have scum of our own. But these kind of crimes are mostly committed by foreigners.

So we kind of want to get rid of them all. Only about 5% of the foreign people living here would be guilty of these crimes. So we would in effect be punishing 95% who are innocent. But alot of people don't care anymore. It's them or us.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Vault101 said:
no..I dont think the whole muslim thing is as bad as people make out, and its just baed in fear and ignorance since 9/11

however another issue (in Australia) which I sort of understand is the dislike of "multicultralism" as in ethnic groups sectioning themselfs off from the rest of Australian society, I can see where it breeds an "us vs them" mentality
This, I personally find pushing for a separate law system defeats the object of being in a country with its own, you are tried under its rules. As for burkhas it's kind of hard for me to feel at ease with someone that won't show their face religious reasons or not, I can't stand conversing with people who obscure their face or wear sunglasses permanently (With the obvious exception) fer crissakes X D. When in Rome is an important rule.