Poll: Mythological Hero?

About To Crash

Apr 24, 2009
Mythological heroes? Well, I would say that any of the greatest Greek heroes. Achilles, Hercules, Jason etc. If I had to pick a favourite... hmmm... Sigurd, or Siegfried, of Norse mythology. He drank a dragon's blood. Good times.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I'm more for Norse Mythology and Egyptian plus the stuff that you only read about in American Gods then go look it up and find it fascinating. Or find yourself doing research for a paper or something unrelated and stumble across some obscure mythology. Native American is good too. I'm generalizing because I can't think fully yet. Still pulling mind away from Okami and Diablo 2

Edit:
Roundhousekickintheface said:
Does Harry Potter count?
Harry Potter isn't a myth. I hope that was a joke.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
I must commend the OP for sharing the belief that polls are not the most important aspect of a thread.
I must also use this time to jeer and pull funny faces at anyone who has decided that this thread is now about the poll and how it could be better.

As for my mythological preferences, any hero (or Villain) from Norse mythology wins in my book.
But I'm also pretty happy with Gaelic and Greek mythologies as well (but not Roman. Silly Romans and their knees bent running about ways. The least they could have done is make up their own gods, rather than plagiarising the awesome Greek ones and making me confused as to what the Greek names and Roman names for specific gods/heroes are. (eg. Hercules is actually Heracles in the Original Greek stories.))

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
HateDread said:
Well, uhm, ok. Curse you and your freaky pole.
Leave my pole out of this.
must...resist...that's what she said...joke...

Do gods count? Because I think Loki is awesome, but he must have some really messed up sperm, he did a giant and somehow she gave birth to the world serpent, a giant wolf and a chick that's half decayed. He really is a prick but he's an awesome prick.

alygishere

Jun 17, 2008
Siegfried , it basically the norse mythology's Achilles but the reason I have him as my favorite is because the norse mythology sounds to me a much more fun place in which you can be invincible.
Also , if gods count , then thor would my first pick

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Unseriously: It would either be Kratos of GOW or the flying spaghetti monster

Seriously (my real answer): Beowolf. Cause he's awesome.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Y'know, that guy, the one who was awesome. Oh wait, there I go again talking about myself. But seriously, I don't know.

tanithwolf

For The Epic Tanith Wolf
Mar 26, 2009
Infernai said:
Unseriously: It would either be Kratos of GOW or the flying spaghetti monster

Seriously (my real answer): Beowolf. Cause he's awesome.
The FSM isn't a mythological hero. HE IS A GOD, don't make him strike you down with his noodly appendage.

For hero I pick Beowulf, but not the one from the crappy movie. I pick the one from the epic poem.

Vondrakenhof

Apr 15, 2009
I'm gonna go for Odyssius (i think that's how it's spelled). The guy fought in the Trojan war and took about 10 years to get home. Got to be one of the unluckiest heroes ever.

obimoshman

Apr 25, 2009
I would have to put it down to either Hannibal Barca
yes i know he was actually real but i mean he is quite legendary :)

obimoshman

Apr 25, 2009
I aint to much into the mythological so i am going to have to say Hannibal Barca cause he was legendary

Elexia

Dec 24, 2008
Vondrakenhof said:
I'm gonna go for Odyssius (i think that's how it's spelled). The guy fought in the Trojan war and took about 10 years to get home. Got to be one of the unluckiest heroes ever.
The fates certainly must've stubbed their toes when Odyssius was born and decided to punish him relentlessly, especially getting him lost for 10 years while throwing eligible men at his ever-faithful wife's feet non-stop.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
traceur_ said:
NeutralDrow said:
HateDread said:
Well, uhm, ok. Curse you and your freaky pole.
Leave my pole out of this.
must...resist...that's what she said...joke...
I'm glad you did. Thinking about how that would make sense led to a frightening conclusion.

Do gods count? Because I think Loki is awesome, but he must have some really messed up sperm, he did a giant and somehow she gave birth to the world serpent, a giant wolf and a chick that's half decayed. He really is a prick but he's an awesome prick.
Gods...no. Their roles sometimes overlapped (especially the Norse ones, especially the wacky adventures of Thor and Loki), but I'm looking for the closer-to-human ones. Demigods are fine, like Gilgamesh, who is 2/3 god by a process I'm hesitant to speculate about.