Poll: New members a good or bad thing?

jockslap

May 20, 2008
Let me say this first, personally i think a fuller richer stock of members would be pretty cool, but what i wanna know is wether you think more people joining the Escapist forums is a good thing or a bad thing and why?

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
You need new members so we can grow the forums, I'm glad the mods do a good job of weeding out the ones that don't like the rules.

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
Well firstly, the poll doesn't make much sense.
Are new members a good or bad thing? ...i guess
Doesn't make much sense...

Any whom, I encourage new members, if they play by the rules, then they are a great benefit to our community, but, if they don't and post topics like 'Buying a dog' with no real discussion, then I want them outta here
And realistically, the more good new member we get, the more chance there are bad members amongst them.
So ultimately?
Apathetic...

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
A batch of new members come in...the ones who aren't suitable for the Escapist get weeded out...and we're left with one more person who can justify their opinion and prolong the discussion.

I'm for it.

Aschenkatza

Jan 14, 2009
New members bring in new opinions and new discussion topics. Sure, some need a little more encouragement and teaching, but more positive results comes from new members than negative.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
As long as they aren't idiots and douchebags who can't spell properly (or can at least learn not to be) they're A-okay with me.

Consistence

Feb 1, 2009
I don't know I recently joined, and although some fourms will be filled with intelligence, everything else reads like a game faq's fourm

Shugaazer

Oct 13, 2008
If it weren't for us 'newbies,' the cranky ol'-farts with huge post counts would not be able to correct our spelling, and grammar, or scrutinize our facts/statements in a haughty, elitist manner.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
People leave the forums new people join them and bring something new to the table. I like when new opinions come along because its interesting. I don't feel the need to constantly hear the same opinions from the same 50 people all the time, its nice to be able to hear what may or may not be a new, interesting and potentially intelligent opinion.

This brings to mind a Demetri Martin joke: "Okay take the advice "Don't talk to strangers"... Unless you want to meet anyone ever."

Yokomitsu

Mar 25, 2009
Being a new member is like and instant reason for these gods of the escapist like this PS3 fanboy who was angry because i had never heard of him before, like im unsure does this make him a better person or....

Consistence

Feb 1, 2009
Shugaazer said:
If it weren't for us 'newbies,' the cranky ol'-farts with huge post counts would not be able to correct our spelling, and grammar, or scrutinize our facts/statements in a haughty, elitist manner.
hopefully one day we'll be just like them...