Poll: New Vegas: Anyone miss GNR?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I would mind it... but I have over 200,000 caps from killing raiders.

Don't think I could have done that in three hours if I was jamming to GNR.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I would like Mr. New Vegas better than Three dog by miles if he said more things. I actually went and bought that song "Jingle Jangle". Johnny Guitar however....

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Why not just put mp3 files of all the Fallout 3 stuff onto your hard drive and play them while playing New Vegas?

I'd listen to the radio more if the volume wasn't so unbalanced. Mr New Vegas is really loud and the music is really quiet.

Argatroph

Nov 8, 2010
I didn't particularly have a problem with the NV music. The addition of Sinatra and Marty Robbins was a nice touch (I'm a sucker for Big Iron). However the aspect of GNR I do miss is Three Dog. The persona they built for him was over the top and had that old school "Wolfman Jack" feel to it. The radio man for NV made me feel like i was listening to National Public Radio, not a satisfying followup if you ask me.

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
It wasn't until I wandered the desert that I realized how much I miss hearing about the exploits of Butcher Pete...

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Three Dog is significantly better as a host than Mr. New Vegas. I do like most of the music in NV more than F3 though.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
I feel that the game isn't worth buying for 3 reasons:

bugs
No 3 dog/gnr
no railway rifle :(

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I think both three dog and Mr. New Vegas should share a radio station and play the songs from both. You hear this modders? Get on it please!

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Argatroph said:
I didn't particularly have a problem with the NV music. The addition of Sinatra and Marty Robbins was a nice touch (I'm a sucker for Big Iron). However the aspect of GNR I do miss is Three Dog. The persona they built for him was over the top and had that old school "Wolfman Jack" feel to it. The radio man for NV made me feel like i was listening to National Public Radio, not a satisfying followup if you ask me.
I completely agree. Every time I turn on the radio, he's saying the same things... Something about holidays, then "And now for a very special song..."

I hardly have the radio on. I like the music, but Mr. New Vegas is so boring. And the game already teeters on the edge of boredom and immersion.

Sep 14, 2009
ehh its not bad, im probably one of two people out there who hated fallout 3's music and three dog, so my opinion is near null on this, but new vegas was okay for like 2 minutes then i turned it off and turned on my music, which made the game infinitely better

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Mr New Vegas is basically how it would sound if Johnny Cash presented a radio show.
I love him, way more than I did Three Dog. Also, I like the new music. It's different, and I like a change.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
"Boow-wow! how you kiddies doing this is three Dogg awooo... and you are listening to Galaxy News radio delivering the truth no matter how bad it hurts!"

Yeah he was pretty cool, but the music selection sucked when compared to New Vegas. I like near enough every song in New Vegas and yes...even Johnny Guitar im sad to say.

Also Mr New Vegas isn't too bad.

Foolishman1776

Jul 4, 2009
That smarmy jockey from Oblivion with guns was annoying after a relatively short time. In fact, Oblivion with guns was NOT Fallout 3. I put it in the same category as Fallout: Tactics. Also, the weapon balance was awful. Oblivion with guns was playable, but was extremely mediocre. Yes, I know this is a bit off topic, I needed to get that out.

As for the music in Oblivion with guns, some of it was good, some of it was annoying. Same as New Vegas.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010
skitzo van said:
I like the music better, but the new host doesn't have the same charisma as Three Dog.
They both share the same thing in common. They say the same damn thing again and again. I know it's a video game but really, they can get quite annoying. "A courier made a recovery at goodsprings" dude, that happened 80 in-game days ago. "It's been 2 weeks since the wanderer along with the brotherhood kicked the enclave bastards out!" No, it's been 10 weeks.