Poll: New Youtube Layout - Your Thoughts

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I posted this to an Achievement Hunter's videos comment section:

"New YT layout - Why? The buttons on the left of the video... what the fuck is this? *click* WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? Google, you're wasting money changing something that didn't need changing. Nobody asked for it, nobody wants it.

And it's fucking simple: The title goes ABOVE the video, not beneath it. You just changed that for the sake of changing it. I usually love change, but this is so damn stupid. I don't see improvement anywhere, just stupid change and social networking crap."

I got 27 thumbs-up in 90 seconds. I just want to see my subscription's uploads, and suggested videos on the side. If I like those videos I'll subscribe to the channel, I don't want a suggested channel or any google+/facebook integration or crap.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
It was okay, then they changed it to the previous one which wasn't great, but I got used to it and it wasn't so bad.

Why they changed it to a worse set up I have no idea. What annoys me is that the recommended channels, instead of just sending me to their channel, I got their activity feed, I could just have a quick look at their activity without having to subscribe. I'd finally managed to get the recommended's to show the channels I like but upload too many videos for me to watch.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Yup, the white is goddamn annoying. That's really my only problem with it. Seriously though....How does Youtube STILL not have a "lower lights" button? What is hard about this?

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
I don't particularly like it. The biggest problem I had was accessing my subscription videos. I liked it better when I had an entire page that showed new videos from the people I subscribed to. It allowed me to see the videos that I missed and I'd catch up on them later. That page still exists, but you have to go through some odd-arse way to get to it. The new regular subscription page only shows a few videos at a time which is difficult for me since some of the people I subscribe to can post multiple videos a day. It's easy for me to miss something with the tiny list.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Honestly, I've been alright with every design change they've ever made.

Until now.

WHY THE HELL IS THE TITLE UNDER THE VIDEO?!? WHERE ARE THE UPLOADS?!!? WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Having everything shoved to the left is very fucking annoying.

Just give me the option to center the video display and I'm cool.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
It is both hard on my eyes and like every single fucking GUI swap one has to relearn where everything is instead of keeping what was not broke in the first place.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I think it's worse than the last one, but not by much. Now, the one before that was amazing, for one simple reason. It grouped all the videos from each of my subscriptions together, and removed videos I'd already watched from the page. This was so useful. Why did they change it? Why?

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Dammit, it majorly screwed up the stylish theme I'm using again.

Also, there seem to be a lot of minor changes that appear to have no purpose whatsoever, other than make it look different or something.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I've hated every new youtube update for the last 2 years, and I hate this one too. Sure, I'll get used to it, but it's just another update, doing this we never asked for.

I don't want to see any recommended videos, and I don't want to know what the people I subscribe to like, I don't care. Also why is the background gone? It's too white now. And, the entire right half of the screen is empty now.

I must say though, that I like what they've done with the playlists, that the list is now beside your video. It looks really good, and is easier to nagivate than that fucking bar at the bottom of the screen.

Carnage95

Sep 21, 2009
I've always been okay with the previous re-designs of YouTube's layout, but this is really horrible.

It definitely feels slower unlike the previous one when a click immediately transition to the next on the homepage.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Well, nothing to get too worried about. Give them another small period of time and they'll change it again, rinse and repeat, always repeat.

There was a time when YouTube was perfect for me, easily accessible, I got a cool background on my profile..., that was 17 'changes' ago.

MarlonBlazed

Jun 9, 2011
They're trying to turn YouTube into a blog from the 90s. Google has hired the worlds most incompetent coders ever in the entire history of site design. I'm still pissed they destroyed a year of hard work making the best YouTube channel design I could and now they take the joy out of watching videos.

They're making it hard for me to let that last change go. I'm wondering if they get their coders from DeVry or something because it's cheap, hell it would surprise me if they hired DeVry drop outs.

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
The white is really, really bright :(

Also I don't like how they keep making it harder and harder with each new version to get a list of what your subscriptions have uploaded. With the last update it was possible to change the setting, but here I can't see a way!

And I don't need the "recommended channels" list to dominate the right-hand side of the screen.

Didn't like the last update; this one is even worse.

If I had to name a positive, resizing a video seems smoother now :S

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Holly hell I dislike the new YouTube layout.I need to click on 3 different tabs just to get to my subscription's list.

Hope they reroll it back,because it's just awful.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
No other problem with it, EXCEPT that damn guide on the left, does anyone know if there is a way to make it disappear?

Aug 1, 2010
As someone who has taken design classes both for the web and for computers in general, I can safely say the layout of the home pages is TERRIBLE.

The sheer amount of empty white space hurts me to my soul.