Poll: No-kids-allowed movement. Yay or nay?

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
While I see this as a positive plus for society, I feel that this could get out of hand very fast. Hopefully it won't get to that point and everything will be dandy (which it won't since it's the US).

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Not at all, I was a well behaved kid in places that needed me to be like that, I did all that yelling and running around from place to place when I was in a playground, grandma's house, school during recess, but for places like restaurants, movies or any other place where there were more adults than kids, I knew I had to be quiet and polite.
And I highly doubt I was the only one who knew were to behave, and some of todays kids are like that too, perhaps even better than I was when I was a kid.

I enjoyed going to fancy restaurants as a kid, of course I enjoyed going to McDonalds even more, but being in those kinds of places made me feel more respected, not just as a kid.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Kids shouldn't be allowed into PG13 and R rated movies regardless of parental supervision if they are under the age of 13. Maybe that way I will never hear a six year old talking loudly behind me while I am trying to watch Predators.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Edit: Okay fuck what I just said I don't feel like getting flamed.

Here is all I will say: Fuck this movement.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
If it's a private business then they should be able to set their own rules as to who is permited and who isn't. Simple as that.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
To be honest, I don't think it matters too much, because you know what's going to happen as a result? You're just going to go back and forth with the opposition FOREVER.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
So...um...admins? Can I post in this thread now? I tried to post earlier, but it said I wasn't allowed to because it was locked. Then it said this thread was merged, but didn't show what it had merged with and where. Now it's back again and I'm scared it's going to lock or permaban me or something...

I'll make this quick before something happens again. I really don't mind this whole thing. They are simply providing a service the public desires. That's how business works, and at this point with the economy airlines are hurting bad across the board. They've either got to keep their ships tight or take some big risks to make it out intact. I am absolutely certain there will always be airlines that will cater to families. Hell, maybe this will force them to cater even more and make things even better, while those who want to stay away can have nothing to do with them. It doesn't really affect me at this point in my life, but I'm sure it will at some point and I'm sure I will have little trouble finding an airline for myself and my little brats.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Hell no, this is beyond stupid. If they cause a distraction, then deal with it. If they don't then you just lost money. Good job. You failed as a private corporation at a very fundamental level.

Basically, this is punishing people for being young. Which is bullshit.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
Beautiful End said:
Same thing with the movies: I was having fun watching Pirates, immersed in the movie and having some popcorn when a kid started crying. He cried and cried and cried and the mother finally got the hint and...patted the kid on the back. Surprisingly enough, that didn't work! She didn't step out or anything, no. God forbid she misses 5 minutes off the movie for bringing her kid to a movie that they wouldn't enjoy/understand/care for.
You think that's bad? I've heard stories of parents bringing their little kids to midnight horror movies and not stepping out when the kids get scared.

Anyway I agree with you, there should be places kid are restricted, like restaurants.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
No. Absolutely not. It's, just an unnecessary hindrance for families with children.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
I'm for it only because parents NEVER EVER do anything to stop the kid from misbehaving. Man when I was a kid and I acted it I get spanked, now these weak parents won't do anything but say "That's not nice"

Dango said:
No. Absolutely not. It's, just an unnecessary hindrance for families with children.
It should be a ban if the parent won't shut the child up. It's not fair that you can't enjoy your time because

A.The parent won't get a sitter
B.The parent won't do their job and get their kid to behave.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Personally, I'm for a different sort of legislation. If someone brings a loud kid in, boot 'em. So long as the kid behaves, they're welcome in my book... but too many people don't raise their kids anymore, they just give their kids whatever they want in early development, teaching the kid that tantrums get them their desired results.
I say boot failed parents and their squalling brats to the curb, let 'em take their noise pollution on home... but banning all kids isn't the answer.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I agree with certain modifications. Some kids do behave well and can be controlled by their parents, these kids should be allowed. and by that, i mean that kids shouldn't just be banned, but that bad behavior of children should be grounds for expelling the family from the restaurant/movie.

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
Before today, I might have argued against this, but today this little fuck wouldn't stop making noise in the library today, and his mom was ignoring it. I couldn't concentrate on this one game theory problem, it was pissing me off to no end.

I'm all for no-kid-zones.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
feather240 said:
MelasZepheos said:
I'm a bit eh, but mostly I don't agree. Some of my earliest and fondest memories are of going out with my grandparents and parents. My Grandparents in particular used to take me to this restaurant that had children's meals that had containers shaped like policeman-dogs and cat-burglars, and so every lunchtime my granddad would tell me stories using these lunches. If I knew that someone was trying to or had managed to deprive me or another child of those sorts of memories (my grandparents died before I was ten, some of these memories are literally all I remember of them) then I would be so far beyond pissed at those people.

But then again, even at age five or six (and my parents insist even younger than that) I was apparently a quiet and polite child who understood that a restaurant was for your indoor voice, and not running around in either. I think that the problem here is not the children, but parents who can't control or haven't taught their children properly, and I don't think it's fair to deny children the chance to understand what it means to be an adult, and to 'feel grown-up,' as my parents used to say, just because some idiot parents don't understand about proper child rearing.

SO in short, no, I don't agree, and I think that the only people who genuinely agree with this are actually the selfish ones in this equation.
For starters, you can't say it denies people potential memories, people have fond memories of the weirdest events. By letting them in you could be taking away some bonding moment two people had while walking home.

It would be selfish to force "good" children out, but it would also be selfish to let parents be annoyed because a certain negligent someones sweet little darling can't shut their trap.

I think the important thing to remember here is that there's a very big difference between a law and a rule. A law is enforced by the state and is mandatory. A rule is up to the owners discretion. So why shouldn't some places have a rule?
Risk of a lawsuit for discrimination (And there will be a lawyer to take that case).

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
Young kids shouldn't be going to certain movies, anyway.

Currently seventeen, I would oppose this law with everything I have. I'd hate to be barred from certain places because I wasn't born a few months earlier. I agree that screaming babies and young kids are annoying, but there are actually some well-mannered kids out there and I would hate for them to suffer for the irresponsible actions of their peers.

Y'know, just like the rest of the world.

I don't see much sense in banning ALL kids from being in a certain place. That's like saying black people can't enter bars because they have a higher chance of starting fights. It's racist in that case, and if this were applied to kids, it'd be stereotyping. How about we do to kids what we do to adults: kick them out if they become an annoyance to others.

Yes, parents need to toughen up. If they're not prepared to punish a child for wrongdoing, they shouldn't be parents in the first place.

KouThan

Jan 3, 2011
The worst thing that can happen to you is being on a plane with a baby or young kid in the back seat. It's just nightmare!
So yeah i am all for it!